1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Fenway of Football

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by El Guapo, Mar 19, 2013.

1. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,421
    I was just talking to a diehard Viking fan who made her first-ever Lambeau pilgrimage in January to see her team lose. Except for the losing part she said that the town, the stadium, and the people were incredible. Like many others, I heard her compare going to Lambeau to visiting Fenway in terms of having it on your bucket list.

So my question is which of the 30 other NFL stadiums would you consider a must-see from a fan perspective?

I've seen games at the Metrodome, Joe Robbie, Sun Devil, and driven by the stadiums in Chicago, Tampa, New Jersey, and New England. Nothing impressive so far, but the Seahawks stadium looks somewhat intimate like Lambeau.

2. NorthWestCheeseHead

NorthWestCheeseHead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +370
    I love going to games at Century Link.

3. BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +499
    From a Packers fan perspective, I think you have to put Soldier Field on that list. Minus the terrible renovation - i.e. landing a spacecraft in it - it's still a historical venue and host to our biggest rival.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    A good portion of their history was at wrigley. Too bad they can't host a preseason game there

5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    I can't think of an old school stadium in the nfl that is worth visiting.

Modern stadiums... Seahawks, steelers, cowboys, and the colts.

6. GWheels

GWheels Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +208
    I've been to a Packer game in Buffalo. My advice...stay home.

7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    How was the tailgating? It seems to get rave reviews

8. GWheels

GWheels Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +208
    We didn't. We got a tour of the stadium and got on the field right before game. Walked right by Favre in the tunnel but got pushed away by some PR lady. After the game the parking lot looked like Beruit. There was a car on fire and about 2 cars over some dude was puking up blood and still drinking at the same time. So I'm thinking tailgating must be alright.

9. Alex

Alex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +213
    I'd have to say Seahawks, Colts, Saints, and Bears. Still need to get to Lambeau first tho!

10. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,122
    I thought of Wrigley too. One could attend a Cubs game, and between innings close one's eyes and picture Sayers swivel-hipping down the field, waving that left arm like an outrigger.

For Cubs game, they used to sell bleacher tickets only on game day...you'd stand in line, pay your $2 (that was 1973), and enjoy an afternoon in the sun. Fond memories, great ballpark. The price has gone up (a lot), but the experience is still special.

11. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +481
    YES, been to Wrigley ---- Saw Sayers in 65. Also been to a few Cub games. Lambeau for football--- Hands down the best.

12. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +643
    there are none other that come close, so its not worth talking about.

13. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    I've been to a Packer game at FED-EX. My advice, stay home.

14. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +606
    I've been to a Packer game at Bank of America Stadium (Panthers stadium). My advice, stay home. (*unless they are playing the Packers):)

15. texaspackerbacker

texaspackerbacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +58
    If Lambeau is Fenway, then somebody has to be the Green Monster - maybe this guy :

[​IMG]

16. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,452
    Yeah, same here for that small toilet bowl of a stadium. The worst part of going to a panthers game is trying to get the hell out of there after the damn game. Traffic was unreal. Took us 4 hours to get back to a highway that is 10 min. down the road.

17. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +606
    I know! I have gone to every Packers Panthers game since 2000 and I live 20 minutes from Charlotte and it takes me like 2 hours to get out of the Parking lot :confused:

18. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,421
    I used to fly to Charlotte every week for work. I had a permanent room in the Residence Inn across from the stadium. John Fox would hold his weekly show in the hotel lobby. I remember seeing a few MNF games and staring at amazement at how tailgating occurred primarily in the parking ramps. After I turned off the television, I drifted soundly to sleep as drunk and angry southerners sat in line, waiting to inch closer to home.

• Funny Funny x 1