The delusional Red the used car salesman

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is on KFFL website:
--------------------------

Vikings | McCombs Explains Sale
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:44:41 -0700

Larry Fitzgerald, of the Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder, reports he sat down for an exclusive interview with former Minnesota Vikings owner Red McCombs Thursday, June 9 in San Antonio, Texas. The official sale of the team and the transfer of the money did not take place until June 13. He asked McCombs why he sold the team and McCombs replied, "Well, I just regret that I was not able to find a way to get a new stadium for the fans of Minnesota. They are the greatest fans in the world. They were certainly very kind to my family and I, and very generous in every way, and I could not ask for more. But somehow I could not break through the web that it took to get some attention about a stadium. We would have been owners for another 40 years if we could have gotten a stadium deal done. I just regret that we didn't get it done." McCombs said as of that day the sale had not sunk in and he was still talking to Vikings head coach Mike Tice. In fact, he had just finished a phone conversation with Tice regarding the team's linebackers.
---------------

Do you think Bob Harlan talks to Sherman about the linebackers?
Vikings fans the best in the world?
Packers find a way to upgrade their stadium(now 10th in overall revenue in professional sports smallest market)
Red....men landed on the moon....why not go look for them?

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Odd how Red could not get it done and the new owner seems well on his way. I wish Red would have kept the team. He seemed happy to just fill the stadium, not pay towards a new one, line his pockets and take whatever wins came. This new guys may really want to win. :shock:

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the new owner will get a new stadium if he expects the public to pay for it. If they want to charge the whole state--as was once previously stated--he might have a fight on his hand. MN is such a highly taxed state, and people don't want any more taxes.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jim Irsay is getting the public to pay for the lion's share of the new Colt's Stadium - which is to imitate the design of the Houston Texans.... They're using a 1% tax on Restaurant food purchases and similar venues of monies needed. So, they could very well try that approach, as well.

Personally, I think that if I have to pay for a new house if that's what I want - then so should all Sports Teams that feel they need one.. especially a sport that charges as much as the NFL does. They all should be able to come up with marketing schemes which will get their fan base to buy items which can have the monies directed for the new building....

But, current politics (political correctness) stymies the proper aproach. Sad, really!
I personally don't think that people who don't like football should be driven to pay for something they'd never use. And, that goes for any sport. The Owners make millions all the time - and they should have to go build their own Houses, just like I have to do!

Members online

Latest posts