The Bears Now have the best Offense in the NFC North

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know how the editor let this article get by but here is the first sentence.

The Green Bay Packers and Detroit Lions fielded offensive juggernauts a season ago, but the most explosive offense in the NFC North in 2012 will reside in Chicago.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...with-potent-and-balanced-punch?module=HP11_cp

Amazing how one player is added to a team and everyone is saying they are the greatest offense in the NFC north. Remember how everyone thought the Eagles defense was going to be the best in the league because of Nnamdi....hmmmm....

Let me take this position by Position in the NFC north on who has the advantage.

QB
1. Packers
2. Lions
3. Bears
4. Vikings

RB
1. Vikings
2. Bears
3. Packers
4. Lions

WR
1. Packers
2. Lions
3. Bears
4. Vikings

TE
1. Packers
2. Lions
3. Vikings
4. Bears

OL
I am not sure of how this really rank if I am being honest but based upon limited viewing of other teams offensive lines I would say
1. Lions
2. Packers
3. Vikings
4. Bears

The idea that they suddenly have the best offense in the NFC north is laughable. The article titled irked me because it is just so off-base from a writer for NFL.com that it almost seems as if it was written by a bears fan (could have been).

If I have to rank the offenses in the NFC north on how I think they will finish in 2012 (total offense and PPG)

1. Packers
2. Lions
3. Bears
4. Vikings

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really if NFL.com is allowing these type of articles to pass through then I might just apply.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Really if NFL.com is allowing these type of articles to pass through then I might just apply.

Bucky Brooks is a closet Packers hater. Last season despite our #1 ranked offense he was constantly talking up New Orleans.

Now the Bears acquire Brandon Marshall (you wanna talk about Finley having butter fingers and being a locker room cancer) get a load of this friggin guy. Here is a guy who led the league in drops twice and is a slightly less vocal Terrell Owens, and now according to Brooks they've overtaken the Packers as the NFC North's best offense. What a crock

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cutler is what, the 3rd best QB in the division? They have exactly 1 legit WR? The defense is getting old quick. Veterans are pissed about their contracts. And they have the worst o line in the nfl.

It's really a joke that anyone thinks their offense could compare to ours

SEWICHEESE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know how the editor let this article get by but here is the first sentence.

Let me take this position by Position in the NFC north on who has the advantage.

QB
1. Packers
2. Lions
3. Bears
4. Vikings

RB
1. Vikings
2. Bears
3. Packers
4. Lions

WR
1. Packers
2. Lions
3. Bears
4. Vikings

TE
1. Packers
2. Lions
3. Vikings
4. Bears

OL
I am not sure of how this really rank if I am being honest but based upon limited viewing of other teams offensive lines I would say
1. Lions
2. Packers
3. Vikings
4. Bears

The idea that they suddenly have the best offense in the NFC north is laughable. The article titled irked me because it is just so off-base from a writer for NFL.com that it almost seems as if it was written by a bears fan (could have been).

If I have to rank the offenses in the NFC north on how I think they will finish in 2012 (total offense and PPG)

1. Packers
2. Lions
3. Bears
4. Vikings

Nice post OKCPF.
Agree on your ranking lists except I think GB has the best O-line too.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
TE
1. Packers
2. Lions
3. Vikings
4. Bears

OKC, I agree with your post, except for the TE. Though I do like Finley and hope he matures into the beast we all know is there, if I had a chance to swap Pettigrew with Finley today (keeping all things equal), I would.

So, imo, I would swap Lions with Packers in the TE category.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't mind seeing articles like this posted. It just keeps Bears fans pathetically hopefully and mouthy going into the season. Then we get to see the Bears fall apart and gloat.

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
Cutler is not that good. Neither is his line. Do they think something magical is going to happen now? Cutler is not going to suddenly stop thowing INTs just because he has his old buddy back. It will all come out in the wash. Green Bay will continue to dominate the offensive stats this year. The Bears will proably improve some but they are not the most potent offence in the conference no matter how much they wish for it.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OKC, I agree with your post, except for the TE. Though I do like Finley and hope he matures into the beast we all know is there, if I had a chance to swap Pettigrew with Finley today (keeping all things equal), I would.

So, imo, I would swap Lions with Packers in the TE category.

yea you are right, I think it's really dependent upon what kind of TE you are looking for. I actually know Pettigrew and have hung out with him before on a few occasions, great dude. He is a huge guy that can block and catch but he isn't going to stretch the field. Finley will. I am not sure who I would rather take but you can't go wrong with either one!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yea you are right, I think it's really dependent upon what kind of TE you are looking for. I actually know Pettigrew and have hung out with him before on a few occasions, great dude. He is a huge guy that can block and catch but he isn't going to stretch the field. Finley will. I am not sure who I would rather take but you can't go wrong with either one!
Cool.
Though I have not seen that deep speed, stretch the field, from J-Mike in a long time.
Contrast that to what we saw from Vernon Davis in the playoffs, getting deep.
Or even Gronkowski all season long getting deep. Seems like Finley never beat people deep as he did before the knee injury.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
...Seems like Finley never beat people deep as he did before the knee injury.

Knee injuries can take more than a year to really fully heal. Let's hope that we see more of the pre-injury Finley in 2012 and beyond.

Members online

Latest posts