The Amish In Control - Mock Draft

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am tired of it too. I have been promoting Bucannon on here for a couple months now. It would be sweet if able to get Mosley and Bucannon in first two rounds. I know a lot of people see him as a strong safety but maybe Capers could use him an Burnett as more interchangeable.

Well honestly, I think the Pack are sold on turning Hyde into the FS... I don't know if they are sold on anyone else in particular for the SS role. So if Hyde can turn into the ballhawk like he has the ability to do, why not get someone mean in the secondary?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Well honestly, I think the Pack are sold on turning Hyde into the FS... I don't know if they are sold on anyone else in particular for the SS role. So if Hyde can turn into the ballhawk like he has the ability to do, why not get someone mean in the secondary?

Yes, Bucannon can definitely "tune guys up". I live in Washington I have watched him play a lot. He was really the only shining star on a horrible defense and it's hard to get any pub playing in Pullman. Bucannon definitely plays mean. The problem is the Burnett contract. I think your right on with Hyde because TT did not look to sign anyone at safety in free agency. I thought he would at least make a stab at Chris Clemons. They must feel real good about Hyde and I think he is a great football player. McCarthy appears to be real high on him being out there more. The good news on Bucannon is Packers scouts were one of six teams at WSU pro day.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I am tired of it too. I have been promoting Bucannon on here for a couple months now. It would be sweet if able to get Mosley and Bucannon in first two rounds. I know a lot of people see him as a strong safety but maybe Capers could use him an Burnett as more interchangeable.

As I've mentioned in another thread if a team has interchangeable safeties that means none of them are a great fit at either position.

D3uc3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Roster

QB Rodgers, Flynn, Tolzien
RB Lacy, Harris, Franklin, Starks
FB Kuhn
WR Nelson, Cobb, Boykin, (Matthews), Harper
TE Quarless, Bostic, Jake Stoneburner,
LT Bakhtiari, Sherrod
LG Sitton, Trettor
C Tretter, TJ Lang
RG TJ Lang, (Turner)
RT Bulaga, Barclay
(24)

DE Peppers, Datone Jones, Mike Daniels, Worthy, Guion
NT Raji, Boyd, (Ellis)
LOLB Perry, (Kennard), Palmer
LILB AJ Hawk, Lattimore,
RILB (Christian Jones), Brad Jones
ROLB CM3, Mulumba
CB Shields, Tramon, Hayward, House, (Aikens), Hyde
S (Clinton-Dix), Burnett, Hyde, Richardson, (Brooks)
(27)

3 ST

So in this team equation I don't see mike Neal and I'm pretty sure Hyde will convert to more of a safety role than cornerback.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's an alternative to your 2nd take Amish:

Round 1: CJ Mosley, ILB
Round 2: Ra'shede Hagemen, DT (Packers trade up, #53 and #85 picks)
Round 3 Comp pick: Donte Moncrief, WR
Round 4: CJ Fiedorwicz, TE
Round 5: Terence Brooks, S

Rationale: Everybody's looking to trade down, which means our chances of trading our #1 for an early #2 and #3 picks are low, so why not go the other way?

Hageman's stock has been dropping, but the guy's a freak. Many now see him dropping down into the 2nd round. I know, flashbacks of Jerel Worthy, but Hageman is more physically gifted than Worthy by a long shot. Trading up and nabbing him early in the 2nd would be worth it, even if it means giving up our #3 to get him. Having Hageman develop behind Julius Peppers for a year might be what it takes to make him a real stud.

Moncrief may not be there by the end of round 3, but there's a shot.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, Bucannon can definitely "tune guys up". I live in Washington I have watched him play a lot. He was really the only shining star on a horrible defense and it's hard to get any pub playing in Pullman. Bucannon definitely plays mean. The problem is the Burnett contract. I think your right on with Hyde because TT did not look to sign anyone at safety in free agency. I thought he would at least make a stab at Chris Clemons. They must feel real good about Hyde and I think he is a great football player. McCarthy appears to be real high on him being out there more. The good news on Bucannon is Packers scouts were one of six teams at WSU pro day.
Interesting take. IMO, attitudes change on draft. I think that a fair number of GM's are like little kids on Christmas eve day. It eats them to see guys dropping off their draft board. They get desperate and stupid. Ted needs to hang around, be patient and capitalize when stupid rears it's head. Draft days were made for men like Ted Thompson.
We could easily end up with 6-7 top 100 players, maybe 8-9 in top 150. A third will probably never fulfill expectations. A fourth will probably exceed expectations. The remaining will probably make expected contributions to another world championship.

I believe.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's an alternative to your 2nd take Amish:

Round 1: CJ Mosley, ILB
Round 2: Ra'shede Hagemen, DT (Packers trade up, #53 and #85 picks)
Round 3 Comp pick: Donte Moncrief, WR
Round 4: CJ Fiedorwicz, TE
Round 5: Terence Brooks, S

Rationale: Everybody's looking to trade down, which means our chances of trading our #1 for an early #2 and #3 picks are low, so why not go the other way?

Hageman's stock has been dropping, but the guy's a freak. Many now see him dropping down into the 2nd round. I know, flashbacks of Jerel Worthy, but Hageman is more physically gifted than Worthy by a long shot. Trading up and nabbing him early in the 2nd would be worth it, even if it means giving up our #3 to get him. Having Hageman develop behind Julius Peppers for a year might be what it takes to make him a real stud.

Moncrief may not be there by the end of round 3, but there's a shot.
Looks very good to me. I don't know about Hagemann, though. He is so impressive physically, but his play does not match. He has a very high bust potential - I think we should avoid him.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So in this team equation I don't see mike Neal and I'm pretty sure Hyde will convert to more of a safety role than cornerback.
Yep. A early post pointed out my omission. Neal will certainly make the team, and I have Hyde down both at safety and at CB.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Interesting take. IMO, attitudes change on draft. I think that a fair number of GM's are like little kids on Christmas eve day. It eats them to see guys dropping off their draft board. They get desperate and stupid. Ted needs to hang around, be patient and capitalize when stupid rears it's head. Draft days were made for men like Ted Thompson.
We could easily end up with 6-7 top 100 players, maybe 8-9 in top 150. A third will probably never fulfill expectations. A fourth will probably exceed expectations. The remaining will probably make expected contributions to another world championship.

I believe.

Yeah well right now it looks like "Claymaker" is the last 1st round pick that has lived up to draft position in first round, other then a couple years by Raji. Hopefully this year he comes away with either Mosley or Pryor and doesn't reach for a guy like Ra'shede Hageman.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice connection on the first pick. You sucked rancid pond water after that though.
What??!?!!? I was proud of this one. Are you looking at first one or the final one?

I have OG Turner who has a few pro bowls.
Haha was good but ultimately disappointed
Jones had an 8 year career - solid
Ellis was really good. All rookie team
Brooks and Kennard both decent 8 year careers.
1.21 Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix S 6'1" 208

2.53 Jordan Matthews WR 6’3” 212 Vanderbilt

3.85 Christian Jones ILB 6’3” 234 Florida Sta

3.98 Justin Ellis NT 6'2" 334 - Louisiana Tech
4.121 Walt Aikens CB 6'1" 205 Liberty
5.161 Terrence Brooks S 5'11" 198 Florida State

5.176 Devon Kennard OLB 6’3” 239 USC
6.197 Trai Turner OG 6'3" 310
7.236 Jeremy Butler WR 6'2" 218 UT-Martin
But you are generally right. I look at my other mocks and it's like I never heard of these guys before. They probably got cut in training camp and never made an NFL roster.

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
What??!?!!? I was proud of this one. Are you looking at first one or the final one?

I have OG Turner who has a few pro bowls.
Haha was good but ultimately disappointed
Jones had an 8 year career - solid
Ellis was really good. All rookie team
Brooks and Kennard both decent 8 year careers.
None of whom ended up with the Packers

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
None of whom ended up with the Packers
Correct, but not what I try to do. It's meant for, what would I do if I were GM. Think I did pretty well this year, but I usually suck.

The draft contest is for trying to guess who will be a Packer.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Correct, but not what I try to do. It's meant for, what would I do if I were GM. Think I did pretty well this year, but I usually suck.

The draft contest is for trying to guess who will be a Packer.
Would you've gotten any of the other guys in the round you wanted them? Or were they already chosen?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts