Tell me again why the Pack needs a 12th WR?

CheeseHead87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why not? If TT and McCarthy think that he could maybe make an impact, why not see what he can do? He may be a practice squad player.

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. It's the same thing with TE's. Don't get me wrong we have a great group of tight ends but still, there are currently 8. Yes 8! TE's on the Depth Chart....We could use more depth on the O-Line IMO.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was going to say the same thing. I would take some backup OL or someone to compete as a backup center over another WR.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I think CheeseHead87 hit on it except I don't think he has much of a chance to make the roster, let alone an impact. But why not bring him in? At worst, they bring him in and gather more information about him, which may be useful at some point in the future. He'll likely compete with other WRs for the Practice Squad and if he doesn't make it, they're out nothing. He would be just one of 37 players currently on the team who aren't going to make the active roster. Thompson is more active than most GMs in shuffling players in and out - even during the season - in order to keep up to date with information on players. Compared to their revenue the cost of air fare and their per-diem is almost nothing.

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
GJ and Gurley are out, plus JN-DD-RC-JJ are not going to play any meaningful minutes. Also, I think MM would rather have a 6 man WR rotation for 3 and a half quarters.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Considering that none of us likely have a current list of available players on waivers, it probably comes down to filling out a camp roster spot with the best available player. I think that we all agree that the OL and DL need the most depth here, but you never know what you find in someone else's scrap pile. These moves happen all of the time

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I was going to say the same thing. I would take some backup OL or someone to compete as a backup center over another WR.
We have a healthy three potential back-up centers (One injured and two others if they'd admit it) I think that will be enough for now. This signing was all about reps. MM and TT don't want to over work guys and risk injury

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I think CheeseHead87 hit on it except I don't think he has much of a chance to make the roster, let alone an impact. But why not bring him in? At worst, they bring him in and gather more information about him, which may be useful at some point in the future. He'll likely compete with other WRs for the Practice Squad and if he doesn't make it, they're out nothing. He would be just one of 37 players currently on the team who aren't going to make the active roster. Thompson is more active than most GMs in shuffling players in and out - even during the season - in order to keep up to date with information on players. Compared to their revenue the cost of air fare and their per-diem is almost nothing.
It goes along with the way TT operates. Roster spots are filled during the season with what the scouting dept. knows about. It doesn't hurt to look him over if we're losing Gurley, Borel, Smithson or Moss.
More importantly Celine Dion wasn't available.

Members online

Latest posts