Ted and false rumors?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
For longest time people blasted Ted for not grabbing Moss when he could have..Even though he truly tried, it just never worked out (if you arent aware check this out)

Randy's rant; was almost a Packer (twice) | National Football Post

Now it REALLY looks like it was a smart move considering the latest issues..

People thought with Brett---Moss would behave, guess not even Brett made him grow up...

Got me thinking, what else have people criticized Ted for but never came true?

I am far from a "Ted lover" I cant stand the fact he doesnt go after free agents...Cant stand he doesnt like to trade when we need help. I think Ted should have allowed Brett at the very least to compete for the q/b spot. But I wont get into all that..

He is the gm of the Packers and while I do not agree with him all the time, he will get my support until he is gone.

These are memories from different forums, ESPN, Cheesehead tv, Packerlounge, those fire Ted sites after the Brett drama...

Ted never went for any free agent weapons to help Brett, because he was forcing Brett out

I love that argument, it was the most popular one at the time and was snowballing like crazy.Yup that sure changed when Brett left...Even Ted's boy Rodgers couldnt get Ted to pick up extra people. Rodgers openly asked for Lynch and Ted didnt listen..

Ted was going to let Harris, and Driver go because they supported Brett.

Not only was that the stupidest argument I heard, but so far off base it isnt funny. Ted gave those guys raises since Brett left..Driver got 2 increases??? Or maybe he got one right before Brett left. But they both got raises when Ted was suppose to be cutting them.

Ted will never admit he made a mistake, will never let go of guys that were mistakes, and is ego driven.
Maybe he wont say it in the public, but sometimes actions speak louder than words. Last year I heard from a good source that Anthony Smith ( free agent signed by Ted in offseason) fell out of favor with MM..

Even though it seemed he was having the best pre-season out of anyone, Ted listened to his coach and cut him. Wrong move--so what happened?

Realizing the mistake Ted, tried to claim him back last year, didnt work, but got him in a trade this year.

So while Ted is suppose to be ego driven, he listens to his coaches and trusts them for the most part. Also if he wouldnt admit to making a mistake, why try to pick the guy up only months after you cut him, or trade for him the next year?

I am not going to go over ever player Ted should have cut, but waited to long..The biggest one we all know is Harrell, should been gone last year..That was a huge mistake on Teds part and still suffer till this day.

Those are the 3 that I can think of right now..Anyone else have some stuff people blast Ted for, but are not true?

And if you hate Ted, great, make a thread about it....

I dont want this thread to turn into that same ole argument..

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Ok, what proof that it's more than a rumor? That's all I've ever heard is that there is more evidence of it, but nobody ever says what that evidence is? Not that a really give a rats *** if he is gay or not, but if it's a false rumor we shouldn't propagate it.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
you have proof he is, or isnt?

Someone once posted on Brett's board..... Ted over heard Brett say in the locker room, we have a *** running the team..

That is why Ted hated Brett SUPPOSEDLY...

Personally, I dont want to believe Brett said that...

The head admin or what ever he is, at the time never deleted it, never disputed it, just went on like nothing was wrong..

Then given the fact this same person on 2 occasions said Ted led an alternative lifestyle makes me believe that Ted is. Why else would someone so close to Brett imply Ted was gay on two different times if not true?

Which almost makes me think Brett did say that in the locker room

and that locker room rumor has been aorund for a while..Seen it from joe arrigo on packer chaters

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I dunno, seems like people close to Brett aren't exactly the type of people I'd take their word for anything. Yeah, Brett could have said that, but It could have just been slander. If Brett didn't think TT was tough enough he could have used that as a slam on his masculinity. I dunno. How would Brett know he is gay? Unless they there playing "sack the QB" in the shower one night in Brett's private changing room. Guess if Brett KNOWS he is gay, Brett must be Bi-******.

Unless somebody can PROVE he is gay, I just don't buy it. When he's caught in womens' undies watching gay **** and singing the "Trolley Song" from "Meet me in Saint Louis", then I'll believe it. For now I think it's just vicious slander propagated by the Brett Farve camp.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Unless somebody can PROVE he is gay, I just don't buy it. When he's caught in womens' undies watching gay **** and singing the "Trolley Song" from "Meet me in Saint Louis", then I'll believe it. For now I think it's just vicious slander propagated by the Brett Farve camp.

Seems like you have some experience?? So detailed...

not that there is anything wrong with it, just very detailed, like you have given it a ton of thought?

:icon_wink::drinks::stinker:

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Seems like you have some experience?? So detailed...

not that there is anything wrong with it, just very detailed, like you have given it a ton of thought?

:icon_wink::drinks::stinker:

LOL

Not particularly. Just you asked for rumors about TT, and that to me is one. I guess if you ask a Gay guy if he thinks being called gay is a vicious rumor they'd just say, "No, I thought you just meant I had great fashion sense!"

I have two gay friends. And they were sitting at the restaurant together and a drunk old broad came up and sat down next to them and said "Ok, guys, what is going on here?"

Their response, "Well, I would say young love, but we are both over 40!"

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers wasn't openly asking Ted to sign Lynch. I think his comments in that regard are taken way out of context.

He was asked his thoughts on bringing Lynch in and he said he was for it. That's it, that all it was. It wasn't an open plea to Thompson to bring Lynch in like Favre was for Moss. It was a question that was answered.

As for mistakes, I don't think you have many, if any, GM's or coaches who come forward and candidly admit they made a mistake. They make those admissions through other means, such as cutting a player. A common gripe against Ted is he doesn't cut his draft picks. Ask Brian Brohm how that worked out for him.

Frankly, I'm fine with how Ted doesn't chase his tail with free agents in the off-season. I think the reason so many fans get after him is their own lack of patience- They want something to happen just so they can see something happen, not because it's necessarily a good move. I think Ted has proven to be excellent at player evaluations and has shown he'll go after guys we need, especially if it doesn't look like there's anyone in the draft who will be able to fill a particular spot. I'm fine with us not chasing big names and building the team through the draft, because in the end, we're going to have a very long history of winning. Can't say that about a lot of teams.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok Lynch--

Green Bay - Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers was asked Wednesday what he would say to the Packers if they asked for his opinion about a possible deal for disgruntled Bills running back Marshawn Lynch, Rodgers' former Cal teammate.
"Bring him on," Rodgers said, without hesitation.

so I guess he didn't openly ask for him....but thats as close as you can get as asking for him

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was asked to comment about a hypothetical opinion. Not anywhere close to openly asking for him in my mind.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL

what ever

He said bring him in....Ted didnt bring him in..So didnt matter if it was Brett or Rodgers..

Ted does it his way...

That was the point..

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, to an extent. Ted went after Moss twice at the behest of Favre. Yes, he wanted a deal under his terms, but he still went after the guy Favre wanted solely because Favre wanted him.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Ok, what proof that it's more than a rumor? That's all I've ever heard is that there is more evidence of it, but nobody ever says what that evidence is? Not that a really give a rats *** if he is gay or not, but if it's a false rumor we shouldn't propagate it.

That rumor always kills me. They say the same thing about Aaron Rodgers. Why is it that anytime a woman looks really hot, she's great, but if a man has a nice appearance, he's gay? I think the rumor is fueled by jealousy from those who are balding, fat and burping up beer breath.

Heck my brother in law is 51, very handsome by most standards and too involved in his 6 figure job and his hobbies to be seen jet setting all over town with some ****** stuck on his arm. Believe you me he is far from gay. He keeps his female relationships private. He prefers it that way, there are fewer head games and fewer hassles.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather have T.T. and M.M. even when we were losing games than have Ziggy, Chilly and Favre running a freak show. Say what you will about Ted, I know I've questioned him in the past, but look at where the Packers are now, .... then look at the Vikings? Any questions?

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe it's my liberal side coming out, but am I the only one who doesn't care at all if Ted's into dudes?

Unless he starts dating Rodgers, I don't really care which way he swings.

is this where this thread is going??? who the **** cares? close this thread

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
If we could get another Ron Wolf, I wouldn't care if he was gay or a martian.

BTW, is someone's ****** preference a proper subject for this board?

Ron Wolf has been seen hanging around the practices talking with Ted and hanging around the games a lot. His son is one of the scouts. But I also hope that Ron and Ted are talking football some. One reporter asked Ron if he was giving Ted advice and he denied it. But would it be considered advice if the two of them were just talking football and Ted was learning some things?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Any ways back on track

What other false rumors, or false ideas of what Ted does can someone prove wrong?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That rumor always kills me. They say the same thing about Aaron Rodgers. Why is it that anytime a woman looks really hot, she's great, but if a man has a nice appearance, he's gay? I think the rumor is fueled by jealousy from those who are balding, fat and burping up beer breath.
Also because a straight guy will not say "He is handsome, good looking or cute" because he will be judged negatively by his straight buddies.
If a straight girl says that about another girl, no problem. Or they can hold hands, hug, kiss on the cheek.
Gurls can get away with more without guys blinking an eye.
But we can make up for it by pissing just about anywhere anytime. :smile2:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather have T.T. and M.M. even when we were losing games than have Ziggy, Chilly and Favre running a freak show. Say what you will about Ted, I know I've questioned him in the past, but look at where the Packers are now, .... then look at the Vikings? Any questions?
Yeah.
Glad he's not a rich egotistical @$$#*!& like Jerry Jones.
And it's certainly not a job I would want.

No matter who owns or runs a team, someone somewhere is always going to find a reason to be dissatisfied with that person.