1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Tebow

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    Wow. Pretty suprised he chose the Jets over going to Florida.

The Jets with Tebow? *sigh* Don't know about this one. Don't know. :rolleyes:

2. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +475
    REX and Tebow --- This will be fun.

3. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +463

Neither team has a QB, but at least the Jets have some semblance of a defense, and Tebow needs a good defense.

4. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    I don't know about this one but it makes for good tv.

5. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,678
    Wow really? S********t.....

6. DOCTORAPK

DOCTORAPK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    Tim Tebow .... New York .....Rex Ryan ....Mark Sanchez ......"Tebowing" .......

A true "Strange Brew", if EVER I saw one..... with all respects to Jack Bruce, Ginger Baker and Eric Clapton of CREAM,

VERY - S -T - R - A - N - G - E .....

My predominant thought, of course, is:

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Like Like x 1
  7. okcpackerfan

okcpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +175
    This is a train wreck from the start. Mark Sanchez and his fragile ego was already booed last year and now they are bringing in Tebow as a backup? Cromartie tweeting he doesn't want him. Rex Ryan. From an "interesting news" standpoint this is great though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,965
    Certain franchises are terrible consistently for a reason. While the giants are successful the jets are a joke. The cardinals are awful for a reason just like the 49ers are good for a reason.

The jets just make bad moves, it doesn't matter what decade they do it in.

9. DOCTORAPK

DOCTORAPK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    That first sentence of your comment just about hits the nail right on the head!

10. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +964
    Will, I never be rid of the T word....Must Mediocrity continue to thrive in my football league?

11. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,920
    Yes Tebow was allowed to pick team..Jax also was willing to put more money to Denver..

Why would the Jets want him? To make the players calm down? Stop harassing women in the locker room?

• Like Like x 2
  12. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +594
    So in the end, the Jets got Tebow and a 7th round pick for a 4th round pick. The Jets traded their sixth round pick to Denver, but got a higher sixth round pick from Indy in exchange for Drew Stanton. That's a really cheap price for a guy who won a division and a playoff game last year.

13. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +208
  14. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +208
    God damnit....
    Will this work?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    Hope you don't mind that I took your very clever quote from the shoutbox for my latest sig.
    Thought it was appropriate to go with the pic.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    It's really funny looking back.
    Broncos are nuts about him.
    It looked like he was doing so good.
    But then he turned out to be a loser and the Broncos traded him. LOL

17. packersflow

packersflow Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Tebow chose the Jets as no matter how bad he does the Jaguars will take him back with open arms!

18. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    Tim Tbag is going to the Jets where he will lose his virginity.
    No, not with a girl.
    Just from Rex Ryan's cursing.

19. Darth Garfunkel

Darth Garfunkel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +489
    Prediction:
    The season will start with Tebow blushing a lot around his new coach and end with him in full blown leather daddy gear rubbing Mrs. Ryan's feet.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DOCTORAPK

DOCTORAPK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22

Tebow to the Jets ..... NUTS ....... in EVERY way, fashion and form ..... for each. every and ANY reason.

Just Plain Nuts!

21. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,391
    Tebow is a fantastic guy and I am sure he will help the locker room a lot. Though it is odd for the "bad boys" of the NFL to get the saint of the NFL.

22. DOCTORAPK

DOCTORAPK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22

LOLOLOL

23. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +416
    Wow the Jets are being flashy, anyone think its Super Bowl envy? Last time the Giants won the Super Bowl they go for Favre, this time Tebow, the biggest names in football at their current time periods. Tebow should of swallowed his starter pride, and tried to harder to join the Pack to learn from a great QB who can handle the media attention and BS that follows, then try free agency when his contract is up being the back up to Rodgers. Though he may of not wanted it because number 15 is not going to become unretired. Though on the subject of retired numbers giving Tebow number 4 would of been hilarious.

24. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +2,691
    Jason Wilde said the Packers were only looking into acquiring Tebow if he ended up being waived, they weren’t going to trade for him. Obviously I don’t know his source(s) for this, but it makes some kind of sense to me. It could have been teams mentioned as having interest in him were just those which contacted his agent.

Someone on the radio (I think it was Dan Patrick but I’m not sure) made the point that the Jets have been a very streaky team under Ryan and Sanchez with more winning and losing streaks than the average NFL team. If that’s true and it continues what happens during their next 3- or 4-game losing streak? The backup QB is the most popular player in many NFL cities; the Jets are “injecting steroids” into this phenomenon. IMO the NYJ seem to be embracing controversy much more with this acquisition than with the Favre trade.

25. mikeymidnight

mikeymidnight Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    I doubt that anything Rex "blimpo balloon" Ryan says is going to shock Timmy Tebow. I would think the guy was exposed to more than his share at Florida, one of the craziest party schools in the country.

I can't stand NY Jets but they got Timmy Tebow real cheap and they will probably maximize the use of his abilities. This move has Jets beating Broncos in the playoffs.

Nothing NY Jets could do can change the fact that NYC belongs to SuperBowl Champion NY Giants.

I bELIeve.