1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Take another OLB?

Discussion in 'Draft Talk' started by ivo610, Dec 1, 2013.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,099
    Should the Packers consider taking an OLB in the 1st if he is the best player on their draft board?

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,099
    I think so. Im not writing off any players, I just think if you could get a game changer, a perennial pro bowler at a position on defense, you do.

3. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +838
    I think having a dynamic ILB is far more critical. Too bad TT paid Jones......who is terrible as a starter.

4. Sunshinepacker

Sunshinepacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +434
    Certainly. Perry hasn't been on the field consistently enough to know if he's the long term answer. He's also big enough to convert to pass rusher on the dline if we get a different guy at OLB. And there's also the annual CM3 missed game or three that we'll need the depth for.

5. TCHickman24

TCHickman24 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +79
    Hopefully we are lucky enough to land CJ Mosley from Alabama. If not him, I'd say the second choice should be Ha Ha Clinton-Dix.

6. Havners Heroes

Havners Heroes Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +45
    Personally I'd like to see us get a safety that can actually play in the NFL, but I'd be fine with taking anyone who can help out that defense.

The offensive line needs more depth, though. Bakh has been a great find and earlier in the year the line as a whole was playing well, but Marshall Newhouse is god-awful, Barclay is an enigma, Sherrod is an unknown and Bulaga is always hurt.

7. thisisnate

thisisnate Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +216
    In the first round, I think not.

If we can snag Mosley at ILB, I'm good with that. Maybe a guy like Shazier in the 2nd round, but still probably not.

8. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,012
    I'd go safety for sure. Safety is the weakest spot depth wise and big play wise.

9. thisisnate

thisisnate Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +216
    Though I agree, HaHa is really the only safety worth a first or second round pick for us this year. If he's taken ahead of us, we're going to have to shelf the idea of picking a safety for a few rounds. There are a pile of good safety prospects that will be available in the 3rd. Dion Bailey, Tre Boston, etc.

10. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Actually expecting a CB in the first. Tray makes too much, Sam will be paid, House is inconsistent, Hyde possibly moves to S, and Hayward (and Hyde) can't play outside.

11. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    ILB could get addressed, but so could NT. TE or WR in the second, expect OLB around the 4th.