Superbowl

• Thread starter I asked LT to delete my acct
  • Start date
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I just sat and watched Americas Game 2010 Packers, and it STILL gives me goosebumps and feel emotional, and I`m a foriegner !!! I think I need to see a doctor. I envy you guys in the States knowing its all going to start again soon.

God !! I love this team

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Camp opens in less than 3 weeks. :)

Matter of fact, I watched the last four games of the 2010 season yesterday (too hot to go outside) and caught myself cursing at the TV w/ every James Jones and Jordy Nelson drop ... You'd think that I'd be over that since a year and a half has elapsed AND with the knowledge that the Pack won the darned Super Bowl ... but nooooooooooo-ooo-oooooooooo

Reaction score
Camp opens in less than 3 weeks. :)

Matter of fact, I watched the last four games of the 2010 season yesterday (too hot to go outside) and caught myself cursing at the TV w/ every James Jones and Jordy Nelson drop ... You'd think that I'd be over that since a year and a half has elapsed AND with the knowledge that the Pack won the darned Super Bowl ... but nooooooooooo-ooo-oooooooooo
It's even worse when you watch it as a replay because you know that the drop is about to happen and there's nothing to be done about it... At least we won :)

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Still seeing the replay of Collins interception, and some of Rodgers great throws are worth seeing again, and again, and again.

toolkien

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, those drops were painful. But people so easily forget that excellent catch by Jones on the critical march that got the Packer offense back in gear. The offense had pretty much gone to sleep, as it had a tendency to do in 2010, and after that Matthews/Pickett forced fumble the Packers were moving, but ran up against a third down, and Jones made that crab-like catch to sustain the drive that ended up putting up 7. May not have been a pivotal play, but was a very important play in the grand scheme. And yet all that is remembered is the drop.

As for the drops in general, one must wonder if its not a part of the cost of having so much talent and spreading the ball around so much. How much of receiver success is connected to getting into a rhythm and when you have six targets no rhythm is established. So there's a little cost to the overall benefit of having such wealth in receiving.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
As for the drops in general, one must wonder if its not a part of the cost of having so much talent and spreading the ball around so much. How much of receiver success is connected to getting into a rhythm and when you have six targets no rhythm is established. So there's a little cost to the overall benefit of having such wealth in receiving.
One might wonder but it's easy to turn the premise around and wonder how good the passing attack would be with lesser talent right? If the routes are not as crisp you don't get the pass your way and so on.
The Packers were the best offense in football last year and it didn't lean on the running game. Having a first class QB and receiving corps is far better than the alternative. If you're a professional and you know your shots will be limited don't you want to make darned sure the chances you get are stamped "wins"?
Catching a football is not difficult and these guys are paid to do it. Dropped passes are a lack of concentration and it's on the player and that's that. Same kind of concentration to shoot trap. Interesting that's what they did as a team activity this year.

Members online

Latest posts