1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Super Bowl XXXI National Anthem - Luther Vandross

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Fazeman, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Fazeman

Fazeman Setting The Pace

Ratings:
    +20
    Packer fan or not, one of the most moving Super Bowl National Anthems was sung by the late Luther Vandross in Super Bowl XXXI. Unpretentious, Vandross delivers his rhythm and blues rendition of the hard to sing "Star-Spangled Banner" with smooth compassion and ease. The same cannot be said for gospel based shouting and screaming.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkT_mNgfT9g]YouTube - National Anthem[/ame]

• Like Like x 1
  2. The Drew

The Drew #packergang

Ratings:
    +490
    RIP Luther... that was one of the best!!! Made me stand up and put my right hand over my heart... (yeah that just happened!)

3. Fazeman

Fazeman Setting The Pace

Ratings:
    +20
    It happened to me except I was sitting down just mesmerized. As the camera panned the Packers just after the song, Brett looked over at Frankie Baggadonuts with an approving eye.

4. PackCrazed4

PackCrazed4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +187
    Ugh, gotta love Luther, makes me want to puke when I think about Christina Aguilera again

5. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    That was Beautiful. 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000X Better than Christina Aguilera sing it.

6. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,422
    christina could take a page from this guy

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cheesehead Brittany

Cheesehead Brittany Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +184
    they need to get someone like this next year. great voice but not well known