1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Stuff About Favre

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by walleye, Sep 10, 2008.

1. walleye

walleye Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :lol: :lol: I think it was false allegations with little to no substance against the Vikes which turned out to be BS. Brought to you by your awesome GM, Ted Thompson.

:lol: :lol: :devil: Thats funny every year the viqueens come out talkin smack!

2. Veretax

Veretax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Re: The Official - The Refs Fricken Suck Thread

He's referring to the bogus charge that the Vikings were "Tampering" with Favre. Thompson should have just gave him his release when he asked for it if he was committed to Rogers. It would have avoided a whole lot of drama. Oh well.

3. walleye

walleye Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

That drama was 2 sided! Favre(crybaby) could have played that out different instead stabbing upper managment with critisizing remarks.
    what ever it takes 2 to TANGLE!!!

4. Veretax

Veretax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6

When did Favre's remarks come out though? I still don't feel we know the whole story. All I know is, Green Bay was in a bad position. They have to see what they have in rogers this year, or its a wasted first rounder, they can't let Favre go because it hurts the Packer tradition. It was a tough decision, but I believe we have not nor will we ever find out what management was doing, I blame them for handling the situation so poorly. That doesn't excuse Brett's remarks mind you, but I think after being lied too so many times, there comes a point when a player who has a passion for and wants to play the game just has to say Cya.

5. Pugger

Pugger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5

TT should have just given Brett his release? :eek: That would make the Packers like the Jets. ;) You don't just release a player who has any value. THAT would be foolish. Yes Chad Pennington isn't as good as Brett but Chad still had some value. But the Jets just released him (there is a chance that the Jets couldn't make a deal...) and now Chad is playing for a divisional rival that almost came back to haunt them!

6. Veretax

Veretax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6

So what's your point? Brett gave a lot to this franchise. I think in the grand scheme of things that no draft pick will ever amount to what Green Bay lost here. The bottom line is if they were indeed so set on Rogers, why did they let the Favre-straction go on for so long? I'm sorry I don't buy it. Yes, I'm a fan of Favre's, but I'm a Green Bay fan too, and frankly I'm not happy with how this all went down. It wasn't handled professionally if you ask me. That of course is My own opinion.

7. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4

Off topic. I'm going to split this thread. And throw the last few into the Favre thread.

Is this going to go on all year with the Favre thing? I liked him too, but enough already.

Also, its RODGERS not ROGERS.

8. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +251
    The tampering charges against the Vikings were legitimate concerns of the Packers. They werent cleared; the league just couldn't find conclusive evidence of the content of the conversations between Favre, Bevel and Childress. There were no recordings or written communications and none of the parties involved was willing to 'fess up to what they were really talking about with each other.
    So why else was Favre pushing to get his release to jump to Minnesota? Something was rotten in Denmark.

9. doughsellz

doughsellz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Sure are a lot of homers here willing to believe anything the team says. Favre spent 16 seasons showing everyone how genuine he & Deanna were. Now after a few months the majority of Packer fans have done a 180. What good does Ari Fleischer provide this team on Sundays in the Fall? Nicely spun, TT.

10. TheFrozenTundra1984

TheFrozenTundra1984 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Enough is enough.....

11. mike bat

mike bat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    i agree Rodgers is our QB ... i wish Brett well but at the end of the day im cheering on the pack ...

12. starr15

starr15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    BRETT FAVRE WAS ASKING FOR IT
    the packers had asked brett favre if he wanted to come back 6 TIMES, if that doesnt piss them off enpughj, brett favre wants to come bacl in JULY i think which ever is first (july or june) and farve wants to come back, when brett favre has the packers team pissed off so much, he wants to start over rodgers when crushing all hope for rodgers, the packers say no and favre's "smartness" had him traded to the jets where he's "so glad" to be on the jets hes not even smiling at his interviews! I AM SO GLAD IM NOTYA FAVRE FAN ANYMORE,HE SUCKS