Studs n duds Oakland

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought that list you had a link to had a column for rating. Maybe it means something else. It is not difficult to say Cousins won't lead the vikings to the super bowl win if receivers don't get open and you can't run the ball in any given game. Or for that matter to just win the super bowl. Since only one team can do that. So that was a good bet. I guess I'd want a piece of that one. Not that I want the vikings to win anything. It just seems like you put down a player for not being hall of fame material. Which I don't think is right or fair to the player.

H

HardRightEdge

Hard Right Edge! Guess who was taken immediately after Datone for a good laugh. LMAO
None other than Fast Eddie Felson. Oh, wait.

Seriously, though, for all the fat and slow jokes, Lacy was a very productive player his first two years, his yards from scrimmage/TDs were 1435/11 and 1566/13. Those are Pro Bowl numbers. In year three he was especially out of shape and his touches fell off. He was in a little better shape and off to a decent start in year four then IR after five games with ankle surgery, which may have been his undoing.

Contrary to popular belief, he was not a power back until he got rumbling at the second level. At the line of scrimmage he was a finesse back relying on quick feet even at 250 lbs. The ankle surgery may have been his final undoing in Seattle.

Anyway, Lacy reminds us, as with Gordon, that Seattle is a West Coast Cleveland-lite, going in for their share of problem children and bad boys as reclamation projects.

H

HardRightEdge

The numbers suggest that Cousins hasn't been forced to throw into tight coverages for whatever reasons. That has definitely helped his performance.

I'm still convinced that he won't be able to carry the Vikings on his back if forced to.

As a side note, Next Gen Stats doesn't provide a passer rating on its own. Cousins is second in the league behind Wilson in the traditional one at this point though.
As noted previously, Cousins has been especially fumble prone, if not worst in the league over several years then close to it. However, in games where he has neither an INT nor a fumble his career record is 12-1. If you don't get after him and let him protect the ball he can beat anybody.

D

Deleted member 6794

I thought that list you had a link to had a column for rating. Maybe it means something else. It is not difficult to say Cousins won't lead the vikings to the super bowl win if receivers don't get open and you can't run the ball in any given game. Or for that matter to just win the super bowl. Since only one team can do that. So that was a good bet. I guess I'd want a piece of that one. Not that I want the vikings to win anything. It just seems like you put down a player for not being hall of fame material. Which I don't think is right or fair to the player.

My point being that Cousins isn't an elite quarterback. I'm not sure you ever suggested that to be the case but you brought him up in this thread for some reason.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My point being that Cousins isn't an elite quarterback. I'm not sure you ever suggested that to be the case but you brought him up in this thread for some reason.
Just thought you were too ******* the guy in the past. Not that I want minihaha to win.

D

Deleted member 6794

Just thought you were too ******* the guy in the past. Not that I want minihaha to win.

It seems you put too much time into defending players I criticized in the past. None of them even know about it.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts