1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Studs n duds Oakland

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Packer Fan Since:
    Oh I think the 2017 draft was still all TT. He stuck around as GM that entire season and was named senior advisor to football operations in Jan. 2018. Gute took over after that and I think most would consider the 2018 draft as Gute's first.

As far as a "TT Book", I have brought that up many times in the last 5 or so years and would buy one. However, he is a pretty quiet and unassuming guy, I doubt we will ever have the pleasure of reading his full story, at least one written by Ted.

2. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    The numbers suggest that Cousins hasn't been forced to throw into tight coverages for whatever reasons. That has definitely helped his performance.

I'm still convinced that he won't be able to carry the Vikings on his back if forced to.

As a side note, Next Gen Stats doesn't provide a passer rating on its own. Cousins is second in the league behind Wilson in the traditional one at this point though.

3. gopkrs

gopkrs Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I thought that list you had a link to had a column for rating. Maybe it means something else. It is not difficult to say Cousins won't lead the vikings to the super bowl win if receivers don't get open and you can't run the ball in any given game. Or for that matter to just win the super bowl. Since only one team can do that. So that was a good bet. I guess I'd want a piece of that one. Not that I want the vikings to win anything. It just seems like you put down a player for not being hall of fame material. Which I don't think is right or fair to the player.

4. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    None other than Fast Eddie Felson. Oh, wait.

Seriously, though, for all the fat and slow jokes, Lacy was a very productive player his first two years, his yards from scrimmage/TDs were 1435/11 and 1566/13. Those are Pro Bowl numbers. In year three he was especially out of shape and his touches fell off. He was in a little better shape and off to a decent start in year four then IR after five games with ankle surgery, which may have been his undoing.

Contrary to popular belief, he was not a power back until he got rumbling at the second level. At the line of scrimmage he was a finesse back relying on quick feet even at 250 lbs. The ankle surgery may have been his final undoing in Seattle.

Anyway, Lacy reminds us, as with Gordon, that Seattle is a West Coast Cleveland-lite, going in for their share of problem children and bad boys as reclamation projects.

5. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    As noted previously, Cousins has been especially fumble prone, if not worst in the league over several years then close to it. However, in games where he has neither an INT nor a fumble his career record is 12-1. If you don't get after him and let him protect the ball he can beat anybody.

6. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    My point being that Cousins isn't an elite quarterback. I'm not sure you ever suggested that to be the case but you brought him up in this thread for some reason.

7. gopkrs

gopkrs Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Just thought you were too hard on the guy in the past. Not that I want minihaha to win.

8. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    It seems you put too much time into defending players I criticized in the past. None of them even know about it.