3rd down Defense

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Rodgers
Really, the entire offense
Lafleur

Hard to give a dud considering how well the team played, but there were a lot of Oakland receivers running around wide open.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It’s been a while, but after a performance like this, he’s a baaaadddddd mannnnnn! Woooooo!

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
King Stud of all Studs: Aaron Rodgers staking his claim for comeback QB award and silencing the stupids

Other studs: Jake Kumerow, the RBs, MVS, virtually every offensive playmaker

Also, I have always liked Derek Carr, but even more so today

Duds: Mike Pettine for using Dom Capers playbook

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Studs:eek:ffense,everyone, that RED ZONE D stop was amazing for those studs
Duds:big plays, have to do something about about deep balls and tighten up on run game.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: ARod,Jimmy G, and the rest of the offense. More importantly the coaching staff,this team comes to play every week missing a top 3 receiver in the league.
Duds. Defense in the middle of the field and overall pass coverage was abysmal.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Rodgers
Really, the entire offense
Lafleur

Hard to give a dud considering how well the team played, but there were a lot of Oakland receivers running around wide open.

An elite QB will absolutely exploit that too. We are 6-1. But I'm not feeling confident in this defense.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
In all seriousness, wtf is up with all of these raging morons that think Rodgers is washed up, on the decline, can’t carry a team anymore, blah blah blah.

If I’ve said it once I’ve said it a million times. Never ever doubt Aaron Rodgers. He’s one of them dudes that are just on another level of greatness.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In all seriousness, wtf is up with all of these raging morons that think Rodgers is washed up, on the decline, can’t carry a team anymore, blah blah blah.

If I’ve said it once I’ve said it a million times. Never ever doubt Aaron Rodgers. He’s one of them dudes that are just on another level of greatness.

I haven't seen most of them around since week 2 or ... Well maybe a couple were here after the Philly loss, but some like that sjb, Quientius, RicFlair, and so on have been notably quiet on the Rodgers front as of late.

I blame fake news sports media though for putting out the garbage that they did over the offseason. Course I've noticed Greg Jennings and Jermichael Finley who brought all that **** up are also quiet these days.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs packers offense

Duds: I can’t figure this defense out. I mean if the Smiths get blocked like they did today this looks like Capers unit. WRs wife open. I know some of you like Blake Martinez, but the guy just isn’t that good to me. They need to draft a thumper who can run to play MLB good grief.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs : all of them

Special note:

Rodgers: hard to believe that was his first perfect QBR game. Finally playing well.

A Jones: after dropping an easy TD last week, had the umption to put it behind him. Made his best catch ever for TD. Perfect pass by AR.

Gruden; thanks buddy. Started the game averaging 20 yards per run. Then you started throwing. Raider fans gotta be pissed.

Duds
Rush defense. Thought we would be much better than this. Not sure why we are not doing well. Need to fix before playoffs or we wOnt get far.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
studs: rodgers...heck the whole O really. MLF. the D when it mattered most.

duds: pettine playing so much soft zone. i don't understand that at all. someone has to ask him wth was up with that at his presser later this week.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Studs: All Receivers not named Shepherd

Dud: Shepherd. Why is this guy still returning kicks and punts? He is an absolute dud on kick returns. Does nothing with the ball, makes bad decisions and leaves the offense well short of the 25. If his one punt last week has mandated that he only is allowed to fair catch punts, get him the hell off the field. As much as I didn't mind seeing Davis traded, night and day difference between the 2 on punt returns today.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: All Receivers not named Shepherd

Dud: Shepherd. Why is this guy still returning kicks and punts? He is an absolute dud on kick returns. Does nothing with the ball, makes bad decisions and leaves the offense well short of the 25. If his one punt last week has mandated that he only is allowed to fair catch punts, get him the hell off the field. As much as I didn't mind seeing Davis traded, night and day difference between the 2 on punt returns today.

Shep isn't the best returner, but there's nothing being blocked for him either.

What I'm saying, is that it's not just the returner.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a rebound week by Graham, Geronimo, and Jones today. All were very productive. Graham catching this targets, Gmo with a few big time catches that were pretty important and Jones drops the easiest pass he'll practically ever have one week and makes one of the most difficult catches any pass catcher would have to make. I just think of adjusting like that on the fly and I trip over my feet.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Shep isn't the best returner, but there's nothing being blocked for him either.

What I'm saying, is that it's not just the returner.

I would respectfully disagree. You can blame it on the other 10 guys, but he has not shown anything in the way of being able to do much returning the ball. On punts, he continues to fair catch, with a lot of room left to run. On kickoffs, he might as well just let the ball go into the end zone and down it. Two straight games of getting nothing past the 25 and quite a few short of the 20. Give #12 the ball on the 25, stop risking penalties or fumbles....or even better, lets find someone that can potentially break one, instead of just running straight up the middle into the oncoming tacklers.

Return Stats today:

Shepherd: 4 KO returns: 60 yds. (15/punt ave)
2 punt returns: 0 yards.

Davis: 2 KO returns: 49 yds. (24.5/punt ave)
2 Punt returns: 47 yds.

2019 Stats for Shepherd:
  • 9 KO returns: 147 yds (16.34 yds ave.)
  • 4 Punt returns: -9 yds (-2.25 ave) 1 fumble.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I'm not giving him a "stud" and he's having a bad season overall, but I really admire Allison making a catch over the middle and taking a shot one week after that nasty hit. That takes serious guts.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would respectfully disagree. You can blame it on the other 10 guys, but he has not shown anything in the way of being able to do much returning the ball. On punts, he continues to fair catch, with a lot of room left to run. On kickoffs, he might as well just let the ball go into the end zone and down it. Two straight games of getting nothing past the 25 and quite a few short of the 20. Give #12 the ball on the 25, stop risking penalties or fumbles....or even better, lets find someone that can potentially break one, instead of just running straight up the middle into the oncoming tacklers.

Return Stats today:

Shepherd: 4 KO returns: 60 yds. (15/punt ave)
2 punt returns: 0 yards.

Davis: 2 KO returns: 49 yds. (24.5/punt ave)
2 Punt returns: 47 yds.

2019 Stats for Shepherd:
  • 9 KO returns: 147 yds (16.34 yds ave.)
  • 4 Punt returns: -9 yds (-2.25 ave) 1 fumble.

I mean, a comparison of return stats from different teams with different kicks isn't a very good example.

Teams are essentially "pooching" kickoffs bc they don't think Shepherd is much of a threat, and our blocking sucks. You're generally not going to get a lot of return yards on a kickoff that gets sky high and goes to the 5-10 yard line. He has to return those. I'd implore you to watch the kickoff returns. No, he's not getting a lot, and he's not breaking/eluding any tackles, but there are a lot of guys getting free from blocks. It's pretty bad.

As for our punt returns, again, blocking hasn't been good, and I'd imagine the coaches might have told him not to return anything unless it's wide open.

I'm not absolving Shep of any blame. He hasn't been a good returner, but our blocking hasn't been good either. It's a two pronged attack. Trevor Davis, is a top tier returner. So the difference between him and Shep is large. Once we get some healthy WR's, we might see Shep get cut, and Tremont Smith brought back.

Members online

Latest posts