Strahan is out for Giants

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never take satisfaction in an injury, no matter the team or the player. And in this case it's Strahan, a top notch player and a solid guy.

But I don't have to tell anyone here the possible implications... no Strahan vs. Redskins. Just makes it a little more competitive for Washington, imho.

If anyone has no idea what I'm talking about, just refer to any of the threads with GB playoff scenarios.

And here's hoping Strahan recovers fully for next year. ;)

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- Seven-time Pro Bowl defensive end Michael Strahan will miss the rest of the season for the New York Giants after aggravating a sprained right foot last weekend against the New Orleans Saints.

He was placed on injured reserve Tuesday and could need surgery, the team said.

The Giants (7-8) can almost surely clinch a playoff berth by beating the Redskins (5-10) in the regular-season finale at Washington on Saturday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-giants-strahanout&prov=ap&type=lgns

OP
OP
S

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now, if only Tiki Barber would decide to rest himself before the playoffs.. oh, wait.. :packbeer:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that team is in chaos. They can easily make the playoffs, yet everyone is *****ing within it seems.

now big mikey is down? uh oh!

Grkazan11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go packers baby woot soisoisoisoi Brett is my main man he can run a mile and do a push up packers woot woot everybody dancing now lets do this

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What the hell was that...??? :shrug:

(I feel like I'm having a flashback in some bad Checkoslovokian discotheque....)

:doh:

OP
OP
S

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a worrier, and I have to confess that I just don't feel that Giants vs. Redskins is as promising as it could be. The Skins last game bothers me. They went to the wire and beyond with the Rams, and then lost in a rollercoaster. I fear an emotional letdown, given that they have nothing left to play for.

The Giants on the other hand have everything to play for. They've gone on such a bad streak, for them to know that they just need to get one game under their belt to potentially get in the playoffs, with hopes to erase all this misery, should be enough to focus anybody.

However - I don't know if they can regroup in time. Also, it helps enormously that this is a division game and these two teams hate each other. For that reason alone hopefully the Skins will play their best.

Again, I'm a worrier, what can I say. But also I need to remember whether we make the playoffs is not the crucial thing. Winning against the bears and ending this season on a positive note would be a victory in itself. Especially considering the Packers are doing better than many of us expected.

jmho.

OP
OP
S

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im also worried, but no strahan reallly helps.

This is true. You look at the 5 games they lost (before last week), and the thing you notice, and the thing the Giants players talked about, was no Strahan. He is a leader and a motivator - they were so excited to get him back last week, but it was all for naught. They have to feel just a bit deflated all over again.

I've been watching the news and hoping for some more locker room strife, Shockey, Barber, Coughlin et al. I'm sure the tension is so thick you could cut it with a knife.

And the Skins have a fiery offense with Campbell playing to impress. That's a new factor that wasn't there early in the season. Hopefully they will come out shooting (because their D seems to still be lacking).

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont have a clue who's gonna win. The Giants have looked pretty awful the last couple weeks, but have the talent to get it done. Its gonna be a good game sat. and I am happy that the Giants gotta go to FedExField.

Latest posts