1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Stefon Diggs.

Discussion in '2015 Draft Archive' started by ThePerfectBeard, Feb 25, 2015.

1. ThePerfectBeard

ThePerfectBeard Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +224
    So I know we don't have an immediate need for a wide receiver, but I'd love to see us take a chance on this guy. He has unbelievable hands and I think he could help our special teams as a return man. Here's his highlights first:

If you still have doubts, check out his one handed catches that remind me of Odell Beckham.

http://www.totalprosports.com/2015/02/23/stefon-diggs-one-handed-catches-video/

2. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,647
    Diggs could turn into a nice slot receiver but if we re-sign Cobb there´s no need to draft a guy like him.

3. ThePerfectBeard

Ratings:
    +224
    I disagree. I think depth at WR should always be improved and he could help out in the return game like I said. Who knows if Abby can stay healthy and Janis isn't going to help with returns.

4. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,647
    Thompson doesn't draft special teams players, they have to have a chance to get on the field at their respective positions as well. Diggs would have no chance of playing time at WR if Cobb is back with the Packers.

5. ThePerfectBeard

Ratings:
    +224
    It wouldn't be just for special teams and I think he has a chance to get on the field. Thompson does draft depth and that's what he would be.

6. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,647
    Diggs is for sure not an outside receiver in the NFL. I don´t see any way how he would get on the field with Cobb lining up in the slot.

7. PikeBadger

PikeBadger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +460
    The Packers haven't interviewed him yet and unless that happens, I think it's very unlikely they would draft him.

8. ThePerfectBeard

Ratings:
    +224
    I'm not so sure of that. His body says he's inside, but it also doesn't have the build. He has the vertical and hands to play outside. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure Cruz played the slot for the Giants and OBJ played on the outside. They are similar in build.

Actually, just looked it up and OBJ did play the outside. Cruz was the slot.

As for not being interviewed? TT is famous for drafting people he's never interviewed.

9. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,647
    OBJ is one of the most talented receivers to ever come out of college though. I don't see any similarities with Diggs.

10. ThePerfectBeard

Ratings:
    +224
    I think that's mainly because he didn't play for an SEC school and was tagged injury prone. His measurements are close, his combine results are pretty similar though not quite as good, and his tape is pretty damn good. Like I said, watch the tape of his one handed catches. The guy has unbelievable hands and really nice body control.

11. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,647
    I really don't like those highlight videos of a prospect as they don't draw an objective overall view of a player's talent level. The one handed catches are nice but happen on the practice field with no opponents so I couldn't care less.

Don't get me wrong I think Diggs could turn into a decent slot receiver but I don't see him making it outside in the NFL.

12. ThePerfectBeard

Ratings:
    +224
    Alright, well I guess we can leave it there and agree to disagree. I could be wrong as I'm not an expert, but I like the kid's talent.