1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Statues add to stadium's aura

Discussion in 'Official Packers.com News' started by News Bot, Mar 19, 2011.

1. News Bot

News Bot News Bot

Ratings:
    +45
    Source: Packers.com

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    I hope they do more. And the Starr one should be closer to lambeau imo

• Like Like x 3
  3. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    I also hope they do more. There are a lot of great players in our heritage who deserve to be remembered.

4. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    Yes, move Bart closer, and while you are at it, let's honor the great Ray Nitschke with a statue of this...

[​IMG]

5. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    I would say have a statue of Paul Hornung there too, but fans would have to choose between this pic of him following Jerry Kramer on Lombardi's famous "Packer Sweep" ( I know they have a simular likeness of the "Golden Boy" at Notre Dame)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

or the one we never got to see, the one of him with one hand wrapped around a scotch & soda and the other hand wrapped around some blonde...

6. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    Of course the queenies have to do anything the Packers do ( except win Super Bowls...)

...but here is the statue they are contemplating putting up outside that toilet bowl they call a football field, honoring three of their greatest players...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    I think every SB winning "era" should be represented with a statue.
    I know it's too soon, but Favre and/or Holmgren should have their statues around Lambeau, and so should Rodgers and/or McCarthy someday.

I don't like the idea of having a lot of statues though.
    But maybe one statue for every chmpionship? With the key components?

Say, we won 7 with Lombardi. So, Lombardi, Starr, Hornung, Nitschke, Kramer, Taylor and Davis, for example.
    Of course, those of Lombardi and Lambeau should be the most imponent, biggest ones. And I don't like the idea of having Starr closer to Lombardi. It takes some of the imponence away.

8. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    I agree. I don't think we want too many statues around. A statue should be reserved for those really special players/coaches who add to the legacy of the team. I don't even think it should be about SB alone or personal accomplishments.