Stadium Field Question ?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
a heating grid system to aid in the growth of the grass as the season turns colder.

Schmidi23

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in Germany they use these ultraviolet lamps also to assist the growth of the grass

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Maybe if the Packer Players used them to stretch their hammies every day, we would have more available players on Sundays?

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
They are just-added high dollar seats that get you really close to the action.

Just another way for the NFL to make more money, IMO.

:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Robert Mason

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chief to the system is DD GrassMaster, a natural-grass surface reinforced with man-made fibers. (they don't tell the portions)

If you go on the stadium tour they tell you if you step on the grass you will go to jail !

OP
OP
Robert Mason

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They had a cow on the field once eating the grass. If the cow eats the artificial stuff will it give artificial milk ?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kind of miss the muddy patch down the middle of the field, that they would tear out and replace come playoff time. NFL Films doesn't get the same kind of slow-mo footage of Edgar Bennett changing directions, with a piece of turf slowly rising up behind him as his cleats dig in and the defender misses the tackle.

OP
OP
Robert Mason

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kind of miss the muddy patch down the middle of the field, that they would tear out and replace come playoff time. NFL Films doesn't get the same kind of slow-mo footage of Edgar Bennett changing directions, with a piece of turf slowly rising up behind him as his cleats dig in and the defender misses the tackle.

Sometimes they painted that muddy patch green

H

HardRightEdge

Chief to the system is DD GrassMaster, a natural-grass surface reinforced with man-made fibers. (they don't tell the portions)

If you go on the stadium tour they tell you if you step on the grass you will go to jail !
The tour guide we some years ago said it was about 2% artificial in terms of blades of grass. Though he did not let us walk on the field, we could get close enough to reach down and touch it. You'd be hard pressed to tell the difference from all-natural turf on close inspection.

It's more about what goes on below the surface. The grass roots intertwine with what sounds like a plastic mesh bed which greatly reduces divots.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You can also note that they are by the south end zone where the stands create shadows all day. The north end gets enough sun yet this time of the year.

Can't they employ Curly and Vince to move the Sun? ;)

Last edited:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The tour guide we some years ago said it was about 2% artificial in terms of blades of grass. Though he did not let us walk on the field, we could get close enough to reach down and touch it. You'd be hard pressed to tell the difference from all-natural turf on close inspection.

It's more about what goes on below the surface. The grass roots intertwine with what sounds like a plastic mesh bed which greatly reduces divots.
Just me or does anyone else also feel like it's wrong to mix in fake with real knowing the history and legacy of the Frozen Tundra?
Also seems a bit overblown to not let a few dozen or so walk on it when after each game more than a hundred get to walk all over it. What would be the harm? What is a few more steps going to do to it?
Just seems weird and wonky as to how they no longer treat it like sacred ground and yet like sacred ground.
If it's so precious that a bunch of tourists can't walk on it then why bother having games on it at all?

OP
OP
Robert Mason

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just me or does anyone else also feel like it's wrong to mix in fake with real knowing the history and legacy of the Frozen Tundra?
Also seems a bit overblown to not let a few dozen or so walk on it when after each game more than a hundred get to walk all over it. What would be the harm? What is a few more steps going to do to it?
Just seems weird and wonky as to how they no longer treat it like sacred ground and yet like sacred ground.
If it's so precious that a bunch of tourists can't walk on it then why bother having games on it at all?

I also did the tour of the old Metro dome in Minneapolis. There were no restrictions where you could go on the field level. You just had to stay clear of some spots where they were painting the surface.

Last edited:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also did the tour of the old Metro dome in Minneapolis. There were no restrictions where you could go on the field level. You just had to stay clear of some spots where they were painting the surface.

I love it how your wearing your Packers gear to that!

OP
OP
Robert Mason

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love it how your wearing your Packers gear to that!

Thank You.....Ironically I was there on a weekday prior to the Packers playing there. Probably a lot of people thought I was there for the game, but I was not. I think it was a couple of weeks before the roof collapsed.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank You.....Ironically I was there on a weekday prior to the Packers playing there. Probably a lot of people thought I was there for the game, but I was not. I think it was a couple of weeks before the roof collapsed.
I'm glad you weren't under when the roof collapsed. Do you feel like you escaped something?

So your a Packers fan, you weren't there for the game. Why the need for feeling like a tour of a rival's stadium?
I'm not ragging on you. Just curious why you felt the need to see it.

And is your avatar a photo of a model train car you have perchance?
If so, what scale?

OP
OP
Robert Mason

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad you weren't under when the roof collapsed. Do you feel like you escaped something?

So your a Packers fan, you weren't there for the game. Why the need for feeling like a tour of a rival's stadium?
I'm not ragging on you. Just curious why you felt the need to see it.

And is your avatar a photo of a model train car you have perchance?
If so, what scale?

I'm a football fan and find football stadiums interesting. It was the only time I have been to one that was not a game. Just happened to be in Minneapolis and learned about the tour. Wasn't much else to do there except go to the Mall Of America. I have also been to: Superdome... New Orleans, Candlestick... San Francisco, Heinz Field....Pittsburgh, Veterens Stadium...Phliladelphia, Giants Stadium....New Jersey, Shea Stadium...New York and of course
Lambeau (three times) for Packers games.

The avatar is a "O" Gauge MTH model. (Like Lionel).

Thanks for asking.......

Members online

Latest posts