Something special is happening...

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know how many people actually realize it but something very special is happening in Green Bay. Amd when I say this dont think that Im riding the bandwagon, or Im delusional or something because the facts are right in front of us. This is the beginning of a dynasty. The Packers won 6 straight to win the Super Bowl last year and have won 8 straight this year. I believe that the Packers can go 16-0 and then 3-0 in the Playoffs to win the Super Bowl again. If not then we are probably looking at 14-2 or 15-1. Many people say that the NFC is down this year and it just happens the Packers are just as hot as maybe any team ever. Many say the Packers have the best QB in the NFL, the best WR core, and the best TE. The Packers throw up lots of points every week and they really are scary. Its not just last year and this year but this should go on for awhile. The playmakers on offense are still very young and talented. One team I will compare this team to is the Chicago Bulls of the 1990's. Say I am getting ahead of myself, thats fine, but we might see over the next few years, dating back to last year could be historic and I am proud to say that I am and always have and will be a Packers fan>

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting. It sure does look like a dynasty may be in the makings right before our eyes. The win streaks... dominant individual performances...all-time great offense..

Just curious, but why do you compare this team to the bulls of the 90s?

Like_That

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team has Dynasty written all over it. Im loving every moment of this and cant wait to see how many more superbowls the Pack can add to there collection.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
14 straight wins for the team. 15 straight wins for Rodgers. What is the record for most consecutive wins, because if we were to go 19-0 to win the Super Bowl, that would give us 25 in a row and Rodgers personally would have 26 in a row. I don't think anyone has ever come close to that. I do think we will likely lose a game, but it might not be a game Rodgers plays in. Once we lock up HFA (the road to Indy WILL go right through Lambeau this year), I would expect some starters to get limited play time. The only game that really concerns me is on Thanksgiving.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong, the accomplishment attained thusfar is as impressive as any in the history of the team, but I definitely am starting to see some scuffs in the Packers' armour. Bottom line is that Green Bay's pass defense is ranked 31st in the league. That is not going to get it done. And we are talking dynasty?
If the pass defense was ranked in the middle of the NFL pack it would be more feasible. A dynasty is something people talk about usually after 2 championships in a row. And our Packers have one under their belt, and are looking the part of the makings of such a claim. It is a special time right now, no doubt, but dynasty speak is pretty presumptuous. The point being is IF they win a second straight championship, THEN comes the talk of a dynasty in motion.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
(insert music notes) Somethins happenin here. What it is ain't exactly clear. There's a man with a gun for an arm, saying there's no need for alarm....

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just curious, but why do you compare this team to the bulls of the 90s?

As most people my age, I was a HUGE Bulls fan. MJ, Scottie, Dennis were amazing. I was talking to friend and I made the same comparison (90s Bulls to current Pack) I personally think it starts with Rodgers, like the Bulls they have a couple GREAT players, but one that is on WHOLE 'NOTHER level. During the 90s, it didn't matter what you thew at Michael, he was going to get his points, get his teammates involved etc. As a defender you kinda had to brace yourself for those two facts and weather the storm. Aaron, is the same way. San Diego's secondary played well, but I mean c'mon some of A-Rods throws you just had to raise your arms and say "REALLY??!!" The thing that make the Bulls great was EVERYONE on the team knew their role, not everyone could be MJ so did your job and you did it well. The Pack have the same kind of chemistry, everyone knows their job. Everyone on the team has to be on the same page, but this could be start of something REALLY special.

OP
OP
Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am from Chicago, have followed the Bulls my whole life and know about the Pack and Bulls. The reason im comparing them whereartthou is because of the dominace. My Dad said when he was watching the Bulls in the 90's it almost wasnt even fun because you always knew the Bulls were gonna win. Thats how I feel with this team, except I love the constant winning. Rodgers is like MJ, he is pretty much unstoppable. Greg Jennings is like Scottie Pippen. The always reliable right hand man. Driver like Dennis Rodman, doin the dirty work. I think when this decade is done the Packers could have 5, 6, 7 Super Bowls.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'll never forget that Championship where Jordan was sick with the flu, barely standing up and makes the game winning jumper.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'll never forget that Championship where Jordan was sick with the flu, barely standing up and makes the game winning jumper.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. But then I despise everything Chicago... except Lou Malnati's :p

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I can't hate the Bulls, I hate the Bears but not the Bulls. MJ is the only reason I even watched basketball growing up. He was just amazing, and words can never describe his talents. Seeing them win the championship over the Lakers was probably my favorite moment of him and Scottie, cause you have to hate L.A. lol.

That was back in the days of the good NBA. Since Jordan retired, I have felt like the NBA has just tried to find a replacement as the poster boy at every chance possible. And instead of good class acts that are likable like MJ, we get LeBron James, Kobe, D Wade all whom give the NBA a bad name without the officiating favoring them like it did when the Lakers beat the Kings, and the Trail Blazers. That's when the NBA died, rigging those games.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can easily see a dynasty in GB for the next decade. The Pack is too dominant on offense not to. Get that defense clicking the way the offense is and you'll see something truly scary.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am from Chicago, have followed the Bulls my whole life and know about the Pack and Bulls. The reason im comparing them whereartthou is because of the dominace. My Dad said when he was watching the Bulls in the 90's it almost wasnt even fun because you always knew the Bulls were gonna win. Thats how I feel with this team, except I love the constant winning. Rodgers is like MJ, he is pretty much unstoppable. Greg Jennings is like Scottie Pippen. The always reliable right hand man. Driver like Dennis Rodman, doin the dirty work. I think when this decade is done the Packers could have 5, 6, 7 Super Bowls.
Ah, makes sense. 5-6 super bowls are a lot of superbowls though. I can see the packers winning anywhere from 3-4 (Which is pretty good, no?)

The thing i liked about the bulls teams was how great MJ had to be game in and game out (ESPECIALLY the first 3 peat) for them to win. Look at this stats against the lakers in the finals... blazers... suns, he had ALL TIME GREAT stats in all of those championships. I guess the same could be said about rodgers. His superbowl run last year was one of the greatest of all time (and he had to play at a high level for them to win). He is also playing at an high level right now (and they are winning as a result)

OP
OP
Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its like I watch these games and I just know that we are gonna win, and even when I think Oh this might be a trap, they go out and win by a 21. Its just incredible.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can't hate the Bulls, I hate the Bears but not the Bulls. MJ is the only reason I even watched basketball growing up. He was just amazing, and words can never describe his talents. Seeing them win the championship over the Lakers was probably my favorite moment of him and Scottie, cause you have to hate L.A. lol.

That was back in the days of the good NBA. Since Jordan retired, I have felt like the NBA has just tried to find a replacement as the poster boy at every chance possible. And instead of good class acts that are likable like MJ, we get LeBron James, Kobe, D Wade all whom give the NBA a bad name without the officiating favoring them like it did when the Lakers beat the Kings, and the Trail Blazers. That's when the NBA died, rigging those games.

Sorry, but Jordan was the beginning of the end. The NBA peaked in the mid-80s when Magic and Bird were at the top of their games. Jordan inspired the LeBrons, Wades and Bryants of the world. After Jordan came along, young players became more obsessed with practicing their dunks than their freethrows.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Dynasty is something frankly, that is bestowed after the act. I doubt that any Packers fan, in 1962, was thinking DYNASTY! I doubt that any Steelers fan in the 70's after winning their first Super Bowl was yelling "DYNASTY"... same with the 9'ers in the 80's ... Cowbags in the 90's, nobody really in the 2000's .... it's sort of like the Congressional Medal of Valor ... always awarded AFTER the fact (and usually involves death).

You guys talk dynasty ... and I'll just sit here and hope they beat the Vikings on Monday. :)

D

Dan115

IN 62- the 14-0 talk did not start untill just before the Thanksgiving massacre. No talk of dynasty.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, but Jordan was the beginning of the end. The NBA peaked in the mid-80s when Magic and Bird were at the top of their games. Jordan inspired the LeBrons, Wades and Bryants of the world. After Jordan came along, young players became more obsessed with practicing their dunks than their freethrows.
LMAO. So its jordan's fault that on top of his INSANE all-around skills, he was also one of the best dunkers of all time (and that people after him wanted to copy his dunking style)? This post just smells ignorant.

If anything, jordan ruined it for us fans in the sense that he gave us SO MUCH in the 80s and especially the 90s that no one has even COME CLOSE to his brilliance. Not even close.

I feel the same can be said about roger federer in tennis.

Haters gonna hate

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
LMAO. So its jordan's fault that on top of his INSANE all-around skills, he was also one of the best dunkers of all time (and that people after him wanted to copy his dunking style)? This post just smells ignorant.

If anything, jordan ruined it for us fans in the sense that he gave us SO MUCH in the 80s and especially the 90s that no one has even COME CLOSE to his brilliance. Not even close.

I feel the same can be said about roger federer in tennis.

Haters gonna hate

I agree

And even if he did set the stage for all the obsessed LeBron's, Kobe's and those stars, I think most of the blame lies on the NBA and not MJ. They've been striving for a replacement ever since he retired, a poster boy for the league. That's the thing with LeBron, they want him to be the next Jordan, but he is no where near the skills to be him. They can't accept that Jordan was one out of a million, the greatest basketball player ever. So they go out and rig games with the officials like the Kings/Lakers series, and the god awful Trail Blazers/Lakers series, and how can I not forget the 2006 Finals between Miami and Dallas, where Wade shot so many freethrows, I have yet to meet anyone that don't think that series of the Finals was rigged, That is ultimately when I stopped caring about the NBA. If they love you, and hype you up, you'll get a ring eventually.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I don't know if we can begin to think dynasty until they win 2 superbowls because most people consider a dynasty (in the NFL) to be a team that wins around 3 titles in roughly 4-5 years. But I do feel like I'm watching something special, particularly in the offense and Aaron Rodgers, and I'm trying to cherish every moment of it while I can. Sometimes while I'm watching games i'll get frustrated by A-rod holding on to the ball for so long and realize I should just sit back and be fortunate we have a qb playing unlike any other qb in the history of the league. Its also the reason I begged my mom to get tickets from her season ticket-holder-brother-in-law, and fortunately will be attending a game at lambeau this year for the first time since 2007(the bucs game). At that game i'm gonna obviously have the time of my life, but in those 3 hours i will try and cherish seeing this team in live action, something many people in the present and future may wish they had been able to do seeing as how unique this team is playing right now.
I remember every season that favre got older i became sad (when I still respected him) because i knew his career was almost over and that I may not see a special qb like him in all my life- little did i know our next guy in line was even better. The offense is certainly something special, and if our defense plays even a little more like the end of last year the team will be destined for greatness. All I know is I'm glad my parents are from northern Wisconsin and that I'm a lifelong packer fan.

Members online