1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Someone has spotted Arrington in town...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by tabojc03, Apr 10, 2006.

1. tabojc03

tabojc03 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    According to someone on the radio this morning, someone states that they saw Lavarr riding shotgun in one of the packer's vehicles on Sunday....

It might be someone jumping the gun on someone's identity...

It might be possible, except you would expect the national media to pick up the visit from the Proston brothers...

Let's say it was true.....then,

1.) The Packer's are willing to top the other offers by Miami, Giants, and Bengals....

2.)With the visit being so quiet, that would mean it is a legitimate visit, not an attempt by the Prostons to get more money from the other teams.

3.)The Proston's might be able to get Arrington and Woodson together, if one signs here in Green Bay

To repeat though, I really think the person was mistaken, I just figured this would cause alittle conversation...

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Am i the only one who is picturing a pickup truck with "PACKERS" painted on it?lol.

3. Hammer

Hammer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It might have a Packers bumper sticker like mine.
    Hammer

4. Since69

Since69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Arrington's asking for a lot of money: $50-some meeeeelyun dollars and a 7-year contract.

I have a hard time imagining TT coughing up that much coin.

But... I live smack dab in the middle of Redskin territory, and I can tell you - Arrington's a beast. Forget everything you've heard about him being a turd or a locker-room cancer. If he's in a defensive scheme that allows him to roam and make plays he'll be happier than a pig in you-know-what.

5. packerfanfourever

packerfanfourever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Somebody on the ESPN boards wrote that Arrington's in green bay and the meetings going very well, don't think I believe it but you never no, but has anybody else heard anything on the radio or TV? this rumor seems to be on all the boards.

6. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    See that goes with what I've pretty much always thought about Arrington, that he was a solid player, but for whatever reason people keep dogging him.

7. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    yeah, he's definitely a beast

8. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Hell I say sign'em both. Overpay'em a bit and atleast one of them has to pan out for us right?

9. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Arrington paid the 'Skins for his buyout this offseason, so that shows, to me at least, that he is willing to do what it takes to go somewhere he wants to be, and still has focus on winning football games, and won't be a distraction

Arrington in Green and Gold would make the offseason for me. I say our LB core isn't athletic--problem solved, and we could draft Vernon Davis or Micheal Huff in the 1st round--I'm getting ahead of the situation i know, but its exciting

10. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    yeah, i WANT arrington.

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    It sure would be nice if it was true,........and if it works out.

12. Since69

Since69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    He clashed with defensive coordinator Greg Williams. He felt the scheme there limited him (and he was correct) and he didn't buy into the training. He ended up half-assing it in practice and got benched for it.

The 'Skins did let him start against Tampa in Week 15 though - 10 tackles (8 solo), 1 INT, 1 fumble forced and 1 pass defensed.

13. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    He was injured so I could see 'half assing' being labeled to him.

14. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You know what would be Sweet?

Arrington, Barnett, Hawk That would be killer!

15. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah that woudl also although us to fill an OL spot with our #5 pick. or trade down get bobby carpentar and another pick.

16. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    i'm practically salivating at the thought of signing arrington. somebody bring me back down to earth with a comment along the lines of, "nobody has even confirmed that is even VISITING Green Bay, plus there is a very long line of teams who are interested. do you actually think TT will shell out the kind of money arrington is asking for? Get real, Bozz, you phucking retard..." or something like that. thanks

17. subin

subin Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Probably the lamest, most unbelievable rumor I've heard yet. Packers vehicles? Come on...

18. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    that's not quite along the lines of what i was looking for, but it will do.

19. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Well.......when you don't have any BETTER rumors to report on, you can't be too choosey!!!LOLOL!!! :lol:

20. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He has been offered a contract by TT:

Veterans minimum plus discount tickets to buy groceries at Mill´s Fleet and Farm, a used yellow Dodge Neon comes as a benefit !!!!

TT is breaking the bank!!!!!

21. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I heard he even threw in $5.00 in McDonald's dollars! He's be a FOOL to pass this deal up!!! :lol:

22. Packersfan43084

Packersfan43084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Somebody was right on the ESPN message boards. Check out this link. It says that Arrington is a strong possibility for the Packers and that he may be visiting the team asc we speak.

http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?S=4752346

23. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    THE LaVar LEAP mixed with THE LAMBEAU LEAP I SEE A MARKETING GOLD MINE..... BRING THE BEAST!

24. JbShell

JbShell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I believe that Arrington would be a great addition and would improve the D ALOT more than it already is.

25. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Postons are a joke as far as agents go, they could very well be telling Miami "we are going to Green Bay" just to get Miami to pay what they want.

I think Woodson and Arrington both will have to come down on their asking prices with free agency ending soon, for once I will agree with TT's philosphy, wait them out, then make them a better offer then the rest of the league, but don't break the bank.