1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Someone has spotted Arrington in town...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by tabojc03, Apr 10, 2006.

1. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Dec 7, 2005
    Wasn't it Arrington that bought his way out of his contract? I don't think Gibbs released him I think Arrington paid to get out of his deal.
  2. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Jun 5, 2005
    Well, it still takes to to say good-bye. Yes, Arrington paid back a big part of his signing bonus for his freedom...Gibbs granted him his freedom.
  3. Since69

Since69 Cheesehead

Oct 16, 2005
    Yup. Arrington coughed up $4M of his own money and bought out his contract. That's part of the reason he's looking for a big signing bonus.

I'd give it to him. And then offer him a nice backloaded contract with maybe $12M over the first two years and he'd play here. Right now the Jaguars are ahead in the bidding. I think they're offering like $10M signing bonus and $5M - $6M per year.

{edit:} On another site (timesfour) a very knowledgeable poster named PackerJoe (who also works for thaPack.com) came up with a very affordable payment plan. Read it here.