Someone has spotted Arrington in town...

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
My concern about LaVar is that Joe Gibbs, perhaps the best coach in the NFL right now, and one of the best ever, thought Arrington was ordinary enough to release. not saying this is determinative, but it's at least cause for concern.

Wasn't it Arrington that bought his way out of his contract? I don't think Gibbs released him I think Arrington paid to get out of his deal.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it still takes to to say good-bye. Yes, Arrington paid back a big part of his signing bonus for his freedom...Gibbs granted him his freedom.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
TOPackerFan said:
My concern about LaVar is that Joe Gibbs, perhaps the best coach in the NFL right now, and one of the best ever, thought Arrington was ordinary enough to release. not saying this is determinative, but it's at least cause for concern.

Wasn't it Arrington that bought his way out of his contract? I don't think Gibbs released him I think Arrington paid to get out of his deal.

Yup. Arrington coughed up $4M of his own money and bought out his contract. That's part of the reason he's looking for a big signing bonus.

I'd give it to him. And then offer him a nice backloaded contract with maybe $12M over the first two years and he'd play here. Right now the Jaguars are ahead in the bidding. I think they're offering like $10M signing bonus and $5M - $6M per year.

{edit:} On another site (timesfour) a very knowledgeable poster named PackerJoe (who also works for thaPack.com) came up with a very affordable payment plan. Read it here.

Members online

Latest posts