1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Someone has spotted Arrington in town...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by tabojc03, Apr 10, 2006.

1. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Wasn't it Arrington that bought his way out of his contract? I don't think Gibbs released him I think Arrington paid to get out of his deal.

2. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, it still takes to to say good-bye. Yes, Arrington paid back a big part of his signing bonus for his freedom...Gibbs granted him his freedom.

3. Since69

Since69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Yup. Arrington coughed up $4M of his own money and bought out his contract. That's part of the reason he's looking for a big signing bonus.

I'd give it to him. And then offer him a nice backloaded contract with maybe $12M over the first two years and he'd play here. Right now the Jaguars are ahead in the bidding. I think they're offering like $10M signing bonus and $5M - $6M per year.

{edit:} On another site (timesfour) a very knowledgeable poster named PackerJoe (who also works for thaPack.com) came up with a very affordable payment plan. Read it here.