Someone has spotted Arrington in town...

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw on the news a lil while ago and it said that espn reported that the pack are making a push to sign Arrington.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well we can certainly afford it. and he will be an INSTANT difference maker. and maybe that'll prompt favre to come back for his much deserved farewell tour.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel we could easily get him and the Gaints never made a good offer and the Dolphins offer is poor to. I feel he would be a better pick up then Charles Woodson but wouldn't mind getting them both, which wount happen. Not to mention Arrington is younger.

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
smlutz said:
I'm from Pennsylvania, and know a good bit about Leaping Lavar. The man is a hell of an athlete, he has always been a dynamic force to be reckoned with, however, the problem is this: In the incorrect system, he is constantly getting burnt. After talking to people we have determined that the correct system to use Arrington is has got to be the 3-4, to use him similar to the way the Steelers use Porter. He could be a gem, but we run the 4-3, not sure how they would blend.

Regardless, I think signing him would improve our defense. Which is what we need right now.

These are my exact sentiments. He will obviously be an upgrade to what we have now. I'm just not sure it will be a $40-$50 million dollar upgrade.

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hear what everyone is saying about not believing it till they see it, but what a pickup Arrington would be. Then maybe even swing Woodson in, and then draft either Mario or A.J, and the Packers "D" is looking pretty potent (on paper).

KGB/Pickett/Jenkins/Kamp or Mario/Pickett/Jenkins/Kamp

Arrington/Barnett/Hawk or Arrington/Barnett/Taylor

Collins/Harris/Woodson/Manuel

Not too shabby...

The coolest thing about this report though is the fact that LA thought it went well enough that he wants to talk to Brett. I can hear it now..."Hey Brett, man...it's LaVar. Sorry about that whole leg injury thing a few years back, but that's not why I called. Listen, why don't you get your butt in here, because I'm going to sign here and my agents are going to get Woodson in too. Now I know we're no Reggie White, but I think we could get this done...whataya say?"

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i know we're joking about lavar's desire to talk to brett, but i wonder if our conjectures are not far from the truth? i can see that being the case.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
smlutz said:
I'm from Pennsylvania, and know a good bit about Leaping Lavar. The man is a hell of an athlete, he has always been a dynamic force to be reckoned with, however, the problem is this: In the incorrect system, he is constantly getting burnt. After talking to people we have determined that the correct system to use Arrington is has got to be the 3-4, to use him similar to the way the Steelers use Porter. He could be a gem, but we run the 4-3, not sure how they would blend.

Regardless, I think signing him would improve our defense. Which is what we need right now.

Arrington is simply a force--he just wasnt comfortable in Washington...remember when he blocked that FG as time ran out against Pitt (Panthers), man, the man was simply amazing playing for penn state. Any time any one has his athletic ability, You'll find a spot for him to play...3-4, 4-3, 5-2, 6-1, whatever...Arrington is a premier athlete that just hasnt found his niche yet

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
LambeauEast said:
I hear what everyone is saying about not believing it till they see it, but what a pickup Arrington would be. Then maybe even swing Woodson in, and then draft either Mario or A.J, and the Packers "D" is looking pretty potent (on paper).

KGB/Pickett/Jenkins/Kamp or Mario/Pickett/Jenkins/Kamp

Arrington/Barnett/Hawk or Arrington/Barnett/Taylor

Collins/Harris/Woodson/Manuel

Not too shabby...

The coolest thing about this report though is the fact that LA thought it went well enough that he wants to talk to Brett. I can hear it now..."Hey Brett, man...it's LaVar. Sorry about that whole leg injury thing a few years back, but that's not why I called. Listen, why don't you get your butt in here, because I'm going to sign here and my agents are going to get Woodson in too. Now I know we're no Reggie White, but I think we could get this done...whataya say?"

In reference to the leg injury comment.
Reggie White dislocated Brett's shoulder during a game in 1992 and when Brett played the rest of the game Reggie said about Brett that he's going to be a great leader. The next year as we all know Reggie joined the Packers.

How much of a coincidence is that? Brett referres to the signing of Reggie White then LaVar who also injured Brett comes into the picture.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man I am excited about Arrington but I have to step back and ask why?

I think Arrington is a good player but has not lived up to the Lavar Arrington of college. Is he really great or is he just a "Big-Name?"

Either way if TT makes this happen, which is probably not likely, I would be ok with it.

I just do not expect Arrington to be the superstar everyone else does but would be a definite upgrade.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
see, and i, for the life of me, am baffled that he is not yet a superstar. it's 084 said, he couldn't get comfortable in Washington.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets do this! TT if he really is excited to play here!! thats what we need... some pride, some excitment some defensive leadership....

pick up arrington, skip woodson and bring in plummer , whose a little cheaper and not much of a talent drop off. Then either trade down with the raiders and get VERNON DAVIS. or trade 5th pick and jwalk for lelie and 2 first rounders.

if any of those situations or a combo of any of them work out.... its really gonna **** off all the TT haters because hes makin the right moves, that they said he wont make.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe so but his stats are less than productive.Other than 01 he has had an average career. Was he not comforatable or is he just overrated. I think he's somewhere in between. He's definitely above average but has underachieved. I am not so convinced he is or can be anything better than that. This is not College anymore.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Either way you are bringing in a veteran guy with a "Big Name" who is probably slightly overrated. You could go with Arrington and try to bring in Plummer, but you better be commited to getting him. If we do that I think you dump the first rounder for later picks. Davis at 5 to a team with Bubba and Lee seems to be drafting for best available but not for team need.

I still think we get Woodson in here and Draft Hawk at 5. Its just what you like more

Harris,Plummer at CB with Barnett,Arrington,Davis at LB

OR

Harris,Woodson at Corner with Barnett, Hawk, Davis at LB.

I tend to go with the 2nd one myself

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Harris,Plummer at CB with Barnett,Arrington,Davis at LB

OR

Harris,Woodson at Corner with Barnett, Hawk, Davis at LB.

I tend to go with the 2nd one myself

Yeah but I applaud TT for getting after top defensive talent, not limited to one position--Plummer and Woodson at CB, Arrington at LB--keep in mind that we do not have 100% of say in who signs with us...maybe Woodson wants to play safety in tampa or maybe--i dont know be creative people

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly believe Favre will come back if we sign both Arrington and Woodson. That would give us freedom in the draft to either get TE Davis or trade down and get a guard and a CB, or maybe a WR and Guard.

Is it true that Arrington was excited enough about the visit that he wanted to talk to Favre? any sources?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Dude, don't say things like that! Woodson and Arrington then draft Davis!?! omFg i'll cream my pants if Brett doesn't at that idea.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My concern about LaVar is that Joe Gibbs, perhaps the best coach in the NFL right now, and one of the best ever, thought Arrington was ordinary enough to release. not saying this is determinative, but it's at least cause for concern.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packersfan43084 said:
If we do in fact sign him, I don't think we'll draft Hawk since we already signed Ben Taylor (who played well last year.) I say sign Arrington, draft Williams if he is there, if not, trade down and draft a CB.

Ben Taylor? C'mon....he's a backup in this league. There is a reason nobody would offer him more than a little over the league minimum and only one season.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you gotta remember that Joe Gibbs is an old man, and if i know anything about old men it's that they don't want anyone trying to push them around. and even if arrington wasn't trying to push Gibbs around, Joe might have construed arrington's actions as such. Gibbs runs a very tight ship and might have been trying to send a message. the team is always more important than the individual, and Gibbs stresses that. Plus, i can imagine it would be very hard to maintain a sense of discipline with a tool like dan snyder at the helm, so extra efforts must be made to keep the team in line. and the arrington situation is in no way along the lines of a TO situation or a javon situation... he bought out his contract and left the organization amicably.

Members online

Latest posts