Some info, please........

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe I slept thru the recent OTAs, but I don't recall seeing ANY talk about Jennings during that period. Was he inactive or did he do nothing to draw attention to his play? He will be super important to us this year and we'd better hope his injuries are healed. Thanks!

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Retired Grampa- I went to one session of OTA's. I don't get real "worked up" about Mini camps and OTA's. And in my opinion, neither do the sports media covering the Packer's. Players with Helmets and shorts having no blocking and Tackling (almost little like soccer-sorry soccer fans out the on the www )doesn't excite football fans or probably the media covering the Packers. Brett Favre said he finds the Mini camps and OTA's boring. I agree with him. They are sort of boring but are Packer football!!. You take what you can get in late Arpil and early May!!

I would think, the Packers were watching with interest both Packer '07 draftee's ( taken within the first five rounds of this year's draft) , WRs David Clowney and James Jones.

Also the Packers probably were paying attention to unproven wide receivers from last year's roster, Ruvell Martin , Carlyle Holliday, , Carlton Brewster, Chris Francies , Calvin Russell and a FA '07 Wr Shawn Bodiford.

Packer's top wide receivers this year, as they were in '06 are: #1 is 9 year veteran Donald Driver and #2 WR is 2nd year Greg Jennings

Of coarse, unachieving 7 yr Veteran Wr Robert Ferguson is still on roster but is mostly likely" on the bubble" this year. Many Packer observers don't think he will be around after the training camp is over. You can see it is "crowded field of Wide Receiver at training camp this year.

Packer HC Mike McCarthy watched off season program and is happy with all receivers that partcipated the program. McCarthy said " the receiver group are busting their (butts)"

Greg Jennings had a high Ankle sprain some time during the last part of the '06 season , and by this time that Ankle should be all healed up from that injury.

I am posting a series of PWT36 commentaries in packerforum news . I will cover many topics concerning the Green Bay Packers and Green Bay area. Not just historical but what is going on presently here in Green Bay. Training camps reports will be part of my commentaries this year. I had to get "plug" in for my commentaries.

I try to get out to Packer training camp sessions, as much as possible. I will be out at first training camp session on July 28th and the Training camp session at Green Bay East high School 's City Stadium on July 31st.

This will be the first time in over 50 years that Packer will be on the playing field of the former Packer home- old City stadium before they moved to new City Stadium (renamed Lambeau Field in 1965). Old City Stadium was Packer's home field from 1925 -1956.

Yes. I know that is more information than you really wanted to know!. some of us (semi , in my case) retired grampas tend to get long winded. lol

Reaction score
Just to add to PWT's post:

Minicamps were for rookies only, so Greg(orious) Jennings wouldn't be there. That's why there was no info on him from minicamps, he wasn't there.

As for OTA's, the Packers only allowed media coverage for 4 OTA's. In 1 of the 4 OTA's, the vets (including Jennings) were given the day "off", which means they just stayed in the film room to watch some film, and never came out on the practice field.

The other 3 OTA's covered, I don't recall hearing Jennings's name mentioned. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, since it means that Jennings wasn't standing out for something bad.

I'll see if I can try and dig up some stuff. Tophat posted a lot about minicamps, so one of his threads should have some tidbit on Jennings... :)

Reaction score
Well, I can't find anything on Jennings, which is odd.

The OTA section in Packersnews references that Jennings is the #2 WR behind Driver, so from that we can take he didn't do anything negative to stand out.

There isn't even an interview from any of the 4 media covered OTA's from Jennings.

You know, I think Yared-Yam would say that the Packers are trying to keep Jennings away from everyone, because they don't want their secret weapon out in the open.

I think that may be true... :D

OP
OP
R

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks guys, for your input. Like everyone, my interest in Jennings success is at max. He could be better than Walker if he continues his rise. We all hope so, anyway.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks guys, for your input. Like everyone, my interest in Jennings success is at max. He could be better than Walker if he continues his rise. We all hope so, anyway.

I, too, have high hopes for Jennings. I think he is a key player this season. If he is healthy and continues to improve, he will be a difference maker. I've also been wondering how he's doing. I guess no news is probably good news. As bad as it is to have a high ankle sprain, I've never known one to linger into the following season.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes keeping quiet on a player is good. Then he can "sneak up" on opposing teams! :thumbsup:

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes keeping quiet on a player is good. Then he can "sneak up" on opposing teams! :thumbsup:

I would trade you Troy Williamson for him right now. Or do I have to get you drunk first. :rotflmao:

Members online

Latest posts