So where do we go now? (3-3)

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are in a bad position, might not be so much if the Vikings lose today too but either way we lost and didn't look any different than the previous weeks.

We had sparks but not many.

Our o-line looked bad today.

We were playing some backup o-linemen on defense.

Are injuries really ******** us more than we know? Or is there a deeper cut than that?

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have nothing to lose at this point so I say shake things up a bit. Make some trades, fire some coaches, do something, cause this team isn't going to do much when we are playing 3rd and 4th string players.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
we fire ted thompson, and bring in some O-line and running game help, then we will be fine. Turning aaron rodgers into david carr is not an option, watching him take these hits is disgusting, Do you see peyton manning running for his life 15 times a game? I think not.

EVERYTHING stems from the O-line, Better O-line, we sustain mroe drives, more points, more first down, that means, Our defense is on the field less, making the defense fresher, and better. O-line solves everything, we have enough play makers.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
...cause this team isn't going to do much when we are playing 3rd and 4th string players.

I've been making the same excuse.

But, friends, this is not really the case. Most of the 3rd and 4th stringers that are in, save at the TE position, are on defense.

This ragtag defense has actually done it's part. If I would have told you that the defense would hold Washington to 16 points in their stadium and Miami to 23 in ours before the games were played, you would have predicted victories.

Certainly, our high powered offense would be able to pile on the points, no? Yes, the RB is out and we are down to a rookie TE. But, come on.

Don't blame it on the 3rd and 4th stringers. It's the offensive starters, the leaders, and offensive coaching that continue to fail.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
I've been making the same excuse.

But, friends, this is not really the case. Most of the 3rd and 4th stringers that are in, save at the TE position, are on defense.

This ragtag defense has actually done it's part. If I would have told you that the defense would hold Washington to 16 points in their stadium and Miami to 23 in ours before the games were played, you would have predicted victories.

Certainly, our high powered offense would be able to pile on the points, no? Yes, the RB is out and we are down to a rookie TE. But, come on.

Don't blame it on the 3rd and 4th stringers. It's the offensive starters, the leaders, and offensive coaching that continue to fail.

AGREED 100% It's not the defense's fault, they are on the field WAY TOO MUCH. Capers is doing a great job with what he has imo.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Something needs to be done. I'm not saying fire TT or anything like that. I just don't like the lack of adjustment. Its like every week the offense comes out and bangs its head against a wall. Its frustrating to see them sit on their hands. They should try something while there is still a season to save. Changing things and making adjustments won't help us if we're 6-6.

Reaction score
Why fire TT? All he is doing is making personnel decisions. So what he didn't make the Marshawn Lynch trade whopde do. You think Marshawn Lynch wins this game today. TT has built this team himself by drafting. You can't pin the teams misfortunes on a GM because he didn't make one stupid trade. The pressure should be on the coaching staff. They are the ones bot getting us ready for each week. Each week its the same stupid problems. Bad O line, Bad special team, Tons of penalties.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
Why fire TT? All he is doing is making personnel decisions. So what he didn't make the Marshawn Lynch trade whopde do. You think Marshawn Lynch wins this game today. TT has built this team himself by drafting. You can't pin the teams misfortunes on a GM because he didn't make one stupid trade. The pressure should be on the coaching staff. They are the ones bot getting us ready for each week. Each week its the same stupid problems. Bad O line, Bad special team, Tons of penalties.

because you dont keep 4 tight ends and 3 full backs. and he is the one who selected these guys for our O-line, MM can only tell them to block better so many times. and you ESPECIALLY DONT KEEP 4 TE and 3 FB'S IF YOU ONLY HAVE 2 RB's.... it's almsot like he's throwing this year.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
god will people shut up about the TEs and FBs? what happens if he doesnt? then we have no TE's this week.

+RAY+

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Ted only works during the draft season and sits on his butt the rest of the year watching and doing nothing as those rookies he just drafted get shredded. There are a lot of trades and cuts he should be making. And yes, the Lynch trade was one of them. Make room on the roster and bring in some more experienced players, get rid of worthless lumps on the bench like Justin Harrell.
Perhaps we should just ride out the end of the season with what we got. Then at the end of the year, give Murphy a nice sharp axe and start chopping heads. :frustrated:

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
So Ted only works during the draft season and sits on his butt the rest of the year watching and doing nothing as those rookies he just drafted get shredded. There are a lot of trades and cuts he should be making. And yes, the Lynch trade was one of them. Make room on the roster and bring in some more experienced players, get rid of worthless lumps on the bench like Justin Harrell.
Perhaps we should just ride out the end of the season with what we got. Then at the end of the year, give Murphy a nice sharp axe and start chopping heads. :frustrated:

If harrell is on the roster next season, I will personally go up the green bay and slap ted thompson in the face.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Part of the reason the defense is on the field so long is because they are allowing teams to drive the length of the field and score. Look at the second half of just about every game this year. They give up 1st down after 1st down.

Reaction score
because you dont keep 4 tight ends and 3 full backs. and he is the one who selected these guys for our O-line, MM can only tell them to block better so many times. and you ESPECIALLY DONT KEEP 4 TE and 3 FB'S IF YOU ONLY HAVE 2 RB's.... it's almsot like he's throwing this year.

Ok the 4 Tight ends are obviously working because 2 Tight ends are out and we run alot of 2 TE formations. For the Fullbacks, John Kuhn is a RB so we dont need a 3rd RB. Plus what would another RB on the team have done to help win any of the games we have lost. The Third RB on the team would still be behind Jackson and Kuhn.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
anyone that thinks it was our running game that lost the game is a moron. Chill out with the running game. I'm kinda proud of our RB's. I dunno why we didn't go to more running plays and give our D more of a break.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
We go to the middle of the draft next year.

And once there, we draft a pass rusher to compliment Matthews so if Clay is out with an injury or something we don't become terrible on defense.

We also at some point draft corner depth and a fast as hell back to return punts and compliment a returning Ryan Grant. And then somewhere in the last 2 rounds we take a punter, and we make damn sure it's a good one.

And then we stay healthy and compete for a Super Bowl.

That's where we go.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree, we need a OLB to complement CM3 and a RB to start within 2 years. Disagree on CB depth ... IMO we are fine there for a bit with Woodson, Williams, Shields, etc.

Other priorities should be OT (both Cliffy and Tauscher should be gone next year), C (Wells is average at best), and ILB (Hawk probably won't be back).

Soon we will need a WR also. I don't think we are as strong there as we think. Jennings is good, but Driver is slipping badly and Jones/Nelson are not dependable. We will need a strong #2 soon.

Biggest thing is to stay healthy. We had the horses this year for a deep run.

I'm down with that guys! Sounds like a good game plan! At some point in this season we are gonna have to look to the future regardless of what we do with the rest of this season! (This season is still NOT over! Not done! Grrrrrrrrrrrrooowwllll God only knows what's gonna happen next. I'm just sitting here each week with the expectations of being completely baffled).

Staff online

Latest posts