Simulated Mock Scenario #2 (Huge trade up)

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can easily see us trading Jordan Love and the 29th pick to a team like the Patriots for their 1st. Having the 15th pick puts us in striking range for Parsons, Slater, Davante Smith, even Kyle Pitts. If we don't have to add any picks to the Love deal other than 29, we can use that capital to then trade up into the top 5 and definitely top 10. More than one avenue to do this. Only problem I see with dealing Love is that it would almost guarantee we would have to draft a QB at some point, Trask possibly? I don't know if there are any accomplished backups still out there. Beathard? Mullins? Barkley? (loose use of the word accomplished i know lol)I would definitely be ok with trading a future first to move up for "Our" guy. This team is tantalizingly close to a SB.

Use love and our first to move up for an impact starter in the teens, and then draft Davis Mills as our QB of the future in mid rounds. Needs a few years of development, but let’s make Rodgers happy by grabbing him a talented pass catcher like devonta smith.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I discovered that Love has the talent of a future Hall of Famer as soon as he became a Packer.
In all seriousness though, it was before he became packer, hence I had Packers taking him.

Lol, I hear ya. Watch his tape for yourself on YouTube. I was stunned. The kid has a lot of confidence in his ability to get the ball into tight and narrow spots and does so with fluidity and ease of body movement. He’s got natural tools that can’t be taught.
I also watched the 2020 Senior Bowl. It was a windy week and the way he threw the ball in practice was effortless. Other than Herbert, the other QBs struggled to throw in that wind.
Love played a lot of Hero ball in 2019, trying to catch up (4th and Forever interview with Mark Sanchez).

Members online

Latest posts