Side Topic - Frozen Tundra time....

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Folks - I have gotten my wish -- it has just snowed almost 9 inches in and around where I live... We now have a WHITE CHRISTMAS and it feels like Wisconsin right here in Noblesville, Indiana! Awesome!!!

Last year, we didn't see nary a snow flake... all winter.
The year before that, our first in our brand new home we got 52 inches and tied a record for this State.

That was close, but nothing like the Winter of '78 - - now THAT... was a Winter to remember! Back then I was drivin' a '62 Chevy Two / straight 6 / two-speed automatic / POSI-TRACK rear-end... Hell, I never got stuck that winter.. and went everywhere partyin' Me and the snowmobiles... Then we went up Fox River to Tichigan and Wind Lake Bar hoppin' up the river, never went near any real roads - what a way to party!

Merry Christmas everyone!

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Merry Christmas to you as well, IPB. It's in the 60's and raining down in North Carolina today, but it's supposed to get cold with a small chance of snow for Xmas day. :santa:

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, we got slammed last night and during a snowstorm actually had lightning and thunder on top of it.. WOW --- I have nine inches of snow in my driveway and Greensburg IN got 21 inches of snow.... too kewl...

Over 200,000 are out of power in OHIO probably until Christnas Day --- ouch!

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These colder temperatures are murder. Last week we hit 80 one day, and today we barely reached 60. I don't like golfing in these colder temperatures :wink:

Have a happy Holiday everyone. I sure hope the Pack can pull it off to make it a very Merry Christmas.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice ----
I used to be stationed at Williams AFB in the early Seventies....
Had an Apartment in Mesa, just a bit north of Chandler behind the ol' Kmart that used to be there.... Party-ed at Sin City which was a triangular shaped Complex on Campus at ASU.... Did bunches of tubing down the river towards Scottsdale... etc., etc. They say there's nuthin' like California girls, but guess where they test all those bikinis before the Summer actually gets under way.... While I was there, it "snowed"...first time in 25 years... so quit yer whinin'.... :lol:

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:
These colder temperatures are murder. Last week we hit 80 one day, and today we barely reached 60. I don't like golfing in these colder temperatures :wink:

Have a happy Holiday everyone. I sure hope the Pack can pull it off to make it a very Merry Christmas.

hahaha...what a horrible winter.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Nice ----
I used to be stationed at Williams AFB in the early Seventies....
Had an Apartment in Mesa, just a bit north of Chandler behind the ol' Kmart that used to be there.... Party-ed at Sin City which was a triangular shaped Complex on Campus at ASU.... Did bunches of tubing down the river towards Scottsdale... etc., etc. They say there's nuthin' like California girls, but guess where they test all those bikinis before the Summer actually gets under way.... While I was there, it "snowed"...first time in 25 years... so quit yer whinin'.... :lol:

I got my butt slammed pretty good one year tubing down the Salt River and hitting a rock I didn't see. I moved down here after my college years, so I didn't get to enjoy the "Sin City" like you did. You are right about the Bikinis though. I see them all the time when I'm down at Mill Avenue. :D

With not much to do during Wisconsin winters, it was easier to study since there wasn't as much to do in Wisconsin. If I would have went to college down here at ASU, I never would have graduated with all the partys and great weather.

Members online

Latest posts