Should we trade for Micah Hyde

D

Deleted member 6794

I’m sure they’re not I jus thought it would be a funny topic especially since we had the guy and let him walk.

In hindsight it was a mistake to let Hyde walk away in free agency. At that point, just like with Hayward, I was fine with the decision though.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if by the trading deadline they're (buf) out of it and in a bad way...why not make a call. if they're in it there's no way they'd listen.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

if by the trading deadline they're (buf) out of it and in a bad way...why not make a call. if they're in it there's no way they'd listen.

The Bills won't be interested in trading Hyde even if they aren't in playoff contention at the trade deadline as he has developed into one of the best safeties in the league, is still young at age 27 and has three years remaining on a moderate contract.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of letting players walk we should have kept. Jared Cook looked really good during the Raiders game today. I for one thought Bennett was an upgrade. Boy was I wrong. As far as Hyde goes,he was our Swiss Army Knife. He could play defense and return punts.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of letting players walk we should have kept. Jared Cook looked really good during the Raiders game today. I for one thought Bennett was an upgrade. Boy was I wrong. As far as Hyde goes,he was our Swiss Army Knife. He could play defense and return punts.
I thought that ***** quitter MoBe was an upgrade too. I still feel dirty for thinking that way. Jared Cool with 3 years here hed really be hitting stride.

D

Deleted member 6794

Speaking of letting players walk we should have kept. Jared Cook looked really good during the Raiders game today. I for one thought Bennett was an upgrade.

I was surprised the Packers didn't re-sign Cook last year. It seems Thompson made a mistake letting him walk away.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I was surprised the Packers didn't re-sign Cook last year. It seems Thompson made a mistake letting him walk away.
If I remember correctly, Cook hung around for a while on the FA list because he was asking for more than teams thought he was worth. He strikes me as a me first guy that will roll up nice numbers for bad teams. I don’t think he’s the type of guy you want to pay twice as much as his true value. I see him as the kind of guy who you’ll see on the FA list frequently.

D

Deleted member 6794

If I remember correctly, Cook hung around for a while on the FA list because he was asking for more than teams thought he was worth. He strikes me as a me first guy that will roll up nice numbers for bad teams. I don’t think he’s the type of guy you want to pay twice as much as his true value. I see him as the kind of guy who you’ll see on the FA list frequently.

I was in favor of the Packers re-signing Cook last offseason considering how well he played during the 2016 playoffs. Just like most posters I thought Thompson upgraded the position by bringing in Bennett though. It seems the Raiders didn't overpay for Cook at an average salary of $5.3 million though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They didn’t overpay because that was about all that was left for his market. I can’t confirm but I think I read he had turned down 6-8 million per from GB. They called his bluff and signed that other guy. Looks like he would have been a bargain either way at this point

D

Deleted member 6794

Looks like he would have been a bargain either way at this point

While that's true considering Cook's performance during the first four games of this season he didn't play great in 2017.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'm happy to have Jimmy Graham now, but it would have been nice to have Cook at 6-8 million.

I was one that wasn't crazy about the Bennett signing at first, and then I gave in and came around to it, deluded myself into believing he was an upgrade over Cook, if it just slightly. As time has proven though, Thompson wiffed big time on that one.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Doesn’t mean that he would have put up those kind of numbers here though. Our offense isn’t geared for the TE to be the most targetted receiver. I must admit I’m surprised by how much Rodgers is throwing at Allison. I didn’t expect him to go in his direction more than 5 times a game. I expected more RB catches and TE catches. I thought Allison would be more of a second or third option most of the time.

D

Deleted member 6794

Doesn’t mean that he would have put up those kind of numbers here though. Our offense isn’t geared for the TE to be the most targetted receiver.

While that's true Cook having 18 catches for 229 yards and two touchdowns in three playoff games with the Packers in 2016 indicated Rodgers might have targeted him a lot going forward.