Shields to Start

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sam Shields will start for the Rams tonight. His first start in two years.
Good luck Sam!

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I hope those who tried making career decisions for Shields at least pulls for him to have a good outing.

Good story on him.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's be clear. Shields played his balls off for the Packers. Unfortunately he got concussed multiple times and became increasingly unavailable. The Packers made the right move parting ways with Shields because, as McCarthy likes to say, you need to be available. It sounds like a twist of the facts to imply that the Packers were trying to make career decisions. They just said that he can't play here anymore.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Let's be clear. Shields played his balls off for the Packers. Unfortunately he got concussed multiple times and became increasingly unavailable. The Packers made the right move parting ways with Shields because, as McCarthy likes to say, you need to be available. It sounds like a twist of the facts to imply that the Packers were trying to make career decisions. They just said that he can't play here anymore.
I was referring to fans saying that Shields should not play football again.

The Packers certainly made the right decision, but once Shields got healthy and decided that he wanted to play football again, that's a decision that he's more than capable of making for himself. That was my only point.

I'm rooting for him.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perfectly capable of making his own decisions. I still disgree with it. I disagree with people around me all the time. I have no vested interest in it, I just don't think it's a wise choice. But we aren't friends, i'm not going to lose any of my day over it other than the probably too many times i've posted about it LOL but other than that not much more. If he were someone I knew personally or was my uncle, dad, brother, etc I'd be very concerned about his well being. But then he could get hit by a bus walking home too.

Reaction score
Ever notice we take so much interest in past Packer players playing on other teams?
You know...….. the ones we should of keep/signed.
Jordy Nelson for one.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but I fully expect the Vikes to get annihilated tonight. They have the look of a team that can fall apart.

I'm actually going to stray from my norm and watch a non-Packer game tonight. Everything I read about the Rams, makes me think they are the team to beat in the NFC. If I had a crystal ball and could look ahead to who the Packers need to loose games for home field advantage, I might find myself pulling for the Vikings tonight, but I can't drink THAT much alcohol.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Ever notice we take so much interest in past Packer players playing on other teams?
Jordy Nelson for one.

Some of us also notice the ones that aren't doing so well or out of Football, Jeff Janis, Callahan, Herb Waters, Justin Vogel, Brian Price,etc . ;)

Easy to spot an ex-Packer name in the news after he has played well and think "oh man, we should have kept that guy!" As much as I don't like seeing guys like Jordy leave, time marches on and new players make new memories.

Reaction score
Everything I read about the Rams, makes me think they are the team to beat in the NFC.

If you all remember, I started a post on the Rams winning the SB before preseason, and I got flamed.
Their a young team with a young coach and the players are playing like a band of brothers taking their jobs very seriously.

You heard it here first Packers fans.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Jordy Nelson for one.
Better a year too early is my view on this one. Chuck Woodson is the one I think TT really missed on. I'll not indulge in the ones signing their first post rookie contracts.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy Nelson for one.
For context only, Allison... $630,000 13 receptions, 209 yards and 2 td’s
Jordy.................................$7,368,750 11 receptions, 226 yards and 1 td.
Yes, small sample size but as I said, context. This is how you stay competitive year after year. Younger, cheaper and similar production.