1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Sherrod's Training Camp

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by El Guapo, Jul 29, 2014.

1. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,992
  2. Ace

Ace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +525
    I'm really pulling for this kid. And what a boost it would be if he could turn into a legitimate player. I like Bahk but Sherrod was taken in the 1st Rd for a reason, hopefully he can leave the injuries in the past.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    It would be fantastic if Sherrod challenges Bakhtiari for the starting LT spot, even if he doesn't win it. Dare we dream to have both Sherrod and Bulaga healthy for an entire season?!

4. Ace

Ace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +525
    I bet having 2 1st Rd picks back on the offensive line would make it look alot better.

5. mradtke66

mradtke66 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +290
    I'd be happy if we could use Sherrod as a backup, to hell with having him start. (I don't think he'll unseat Bak. Too much time sitting on the bench.)

If Sherrod just improves enough to be one of the seven best (Barlcay being the other,) we'd be be set on game day. Barclay backing up C through RT, Sherrod backing up the left side.

• Like Like x 1
  6. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,992
    With young 20 year olds, you know that they all have talent. What you really hope for is that they get their heads in the right place before they get consumed by the game. In the case of someone like Sherrod, he's had three years to essentially study the playbook, sit in meetings, and let the game come to him. At this point it should mostly be the physical side of the game he needs to regain. I'd be saddened if he wasted all of this time instead of mentally preparing to come in and dominate his opponents.

7. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,631
    Sounds like A-rodg. Hopefully we get the same results.

8. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    As has been pointed out in the past, Sherrod had the same injury and complications that Mike Flanagan suffered in 1996. Flanagan missed 2 seasons; started playing in 1998 and became a starter at center in 2001. He was a pro-bowler in 2003. I would love it if the same thing happens with Sherrod, the only guy on the team with Clifton's size. I was always impressed with how much bigger Clifton was on the field when he was playing.

9. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,992
    http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/269158261.html

We'll see how the results turn out when he goes against Mike Daniels and some of the other

10. PikeBadger

PikeBadger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +460
    Yeah, I tend to be pessimistic about his chances this soon. I don't have very high expectations of Sherrod.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. brandon2348

brandon2348 GO PACK GO!

Ratings:
    +441
    I am very excited hearing about Sherrod and his progress. Better having him as a swing tackle then Newhouse. IMO he is already better and has more upside then Newhouse.

12. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,456
    My 10 month old puppy has more upside than newhouse.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. easyk83

easyk83 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +636
    More good reviews of Sherrod today, JS writers are surprised over how strong he looks. Though he needs a lot of camp and game experience I expect Sherrod to seize one of our starting OT positions. Don't bet against someone who has shown the kind of grit this kid has shown to come back from that kind of injury.

14. Pkrjones

Pkrjones Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +328
    Only way he seizes a starting OT gig, IMHO, is if TT can steal a HIGH draft pick for one of our '15 FA OT's (Bulaga or Barclay). I don't see that happening, and Sherrod is also a FA after '14 season since TT didn't exercise the 5th year option on him ... so TT's got some decisions to make a month from now. As usual, injuries WILL factor in.

15. easyk83

easyk83 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +636
    Bulaga hasn't been able to stay healthy since he's been here, Bakhtiari might not develop the way the staff hoped and Barclay was just a guy out there.

16. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    IMO it would be a huge plus if Sherrod became a legit starting LT. That would mean the Packers have three legit starting OTs on their roster and IMO a legit backup RT who is better suited for OG in Barclay.

17. Jordyruns

Jordyruns Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +175
    ........but still no proven center........

18. brandon2348

brandon2348 GO PACK GO!

Ratings:
    +441
    Man. How a week changes everything. just a week ago people were on here saying we have questions on the O-line and I was told it wasn't deep. Now were talking about trading guys and starting Sherrod. lol. Well be fine at center. Fellow players are already noticing Lindsey's ability. This is the deepest and best O-line Campen has had.

The goal back a few years ago was always to have Bulaga and Sherrod at book end OT's.

Bachtiari to center? Many teams were going to draft him and were interested making him a center coming out of college.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  19. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,655
    I think Sherrod will make the team, but as long as everyone stays healthy on the OL he will be the primary backup at LT.

20. Carl

Carl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,922
    Plus, being 1st round pick means he was most likely a talented player coming out of college.