1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Shermans Failings are Harlans

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by JbShell, Nov 23, 2005.

1. JbShell

JbShell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I know I know why knock the outgoing man but he did place Sherman in a position to fail by making him the GM the NFL is littered with that Fail duo of GM and Coach even Lombardi failed in that endevour in Washington

2. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You make an excellent point jb, when Sherman was given both hats I don't think there was anybody who wasn't surprised. I would guess most of us thought it was a mistake especially to give it to a guy with VERY limited NFL experience and no head coaching experience.

3. ahaug82

ahaug82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, in hindsight that was a really stupid move...

4. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, it made no sense to most of us--for good reason, as it turned out. Ron Wolf had a hand in this too, though. Before he left, he strongly recommended that Sherman take both jobs. Further proof that Wolf had lost his golden touch at the end there.

5. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Sherman as GM/HC was Wolf's idea. Harlan as he's stated many times is a fan of GM and HC as two roles, not combined but Harlan didn't want to mess up the chemistry and Wolf endorsed Sherman saying if anyone can do it, he can.

6. JbShell

JbShell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    True but Harlan still had the final say regardless of what Wolf wanted.