Shermans Failings are Harlans

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know I know why knock the outgoing man but he did place Sherman in a position to fail by making him the GM the NFL is littered with that Fail duo of GM and Coach even Lombardi failed in that endevour in Washington

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
I know I know why knock the outgoing man but he did place Sherman in a position to fail by making him the GM the NFL is littered with that Fail duo of GM and Coach even Lombardi failed in that endevour in Washington
You make an excellent point jb, when Sherman was given both hats I don't think there was anybody who wasn't surprised. I would guess most of us thought it was a mistake especially to give it to a guy with VERY limited NFL experience and no head coaching experience.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, it made no sense to most of us--for good reason, as it turned out. Ron Wolf had a hand in this too, though. Before he left, he strongly recommended that Sherman take both jobs. Further proof that Wolf had lost his golden touch at the end there.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Sherman as GM/HC was Wolf's idea. Harlan as he's stated many times is a fan of GM and HC as two roles, not combined but Harlan didn't want to mess up the chemistry and Wolf endorsed Sherman saying if anyone can do it, he can.

Members online

Latest posts