Shane Vereen (RB, California)

DCEBB2011

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Valencia High graduate and University of California Berkeley running back Shane Vereen has decided to forego his senior season in college and enter the 2011 NFL Draft. Vereen told The Signal on Friday that despite the possibility of a Heisman Trophy candidacy and the opportunity to raise his draft stock by playing one more year of college football, he was ready to make the jump now. "I think the big part of my decision is I graduated early. I graduated in 3 1/2 years," said Vereen, who graduated with a bachelor's degree in communications. "The fact that I was done with school, had a decent season and was healthy put myself in a position to play in the NFL." The 21-year-old informed Cal head coach Jeff Tedford of the decision last Sunday. "It was very difficult," Vereen said. "I love Cal with everything I have. I had the best 3 1/2 years anyone could have there...I had to keep my dream (though). Since I was 7, I wanted to play in the NFL. I saw the opportunity to accomplish that, and I went for it." Vereen was an All-Pac-10 second-team selection in 2010 for a disappointing Golden Bears team that finished 5-7 and out of a bowl game for the first time since 2002. He led Cal with 1,167 yards on 231 carries with 13 rushing touchdowns. He also caught 22 passes for 209 yards with three receiving touchdowns. - Cary Osborne, The Signal

Vereen is one of those RBs that many people here have coveted as a change up to Ryan Grant. He is 5-10, 205 and runs a 4.49e. He is more agile than fast but has displayed good vision and serviceable hands. It is also his ability as a KR that will add to his value. He is our 6th best junior RB and could go in the late 2nd to early 3rd round at this point in time. His running style is similar to that of Donald Brown of the Colts.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ys2A9Mm2hQ]YouTube - Shane Vereen Cal Highlights[/ame]

Members online