Several possible picks

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some good picks should be available. What I'd like to see is aggressively filling in holes before the draft, especially CB. Then trade up for one of the top pass rusher/OLB .

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For some reason the site won't load for me but I remember it from last year and its my favorite mock draft site. As someone who does not follow college football it doesn't really do me much good to see 1 experts pick and a brief explanation since I don't know these guys from Adam. If I see a site that says 20 people pick this guy and only 2 pick that guy it tells me a lot more. The way I like to look at mocks is to see who they have us taking and them look at other "experts" and see where they have the guy going. If one guy says we will draft Joe Blow and 6 others have Joe Blow already gone by the time we pick I think that might not be such a bad pick. On the other hand if no one else has Joe going in the first round I think maybe not so much. To me its so much better than simply looking at the pick and making up my own mind because I have no idea who these people are.

I need a site like this. Hopefully its just a glitch for me and I can access it later.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For some reason the site won't load for me but I remember it from last year and its my favorite mock draft site. As someone who does not follow college football it doesn't really do me much good to see 1 experts pick and a brief explanation since I don't know these guys from Adam. If I see a site that says 20 people pick this guy and only 2 pick that guy it tells me a lot more. The way I like to look at mocks is to see who they have us taking and them look at other "experts" and see where they have the guy going. If one guy says we will draft Joe Blow and 6 others have Joe Blow already gone by the time we pick I think that might not be such a bad pick. On the other hand if no one else has Joe going in the first round I think maybe not so much. To me its so much better than simply looking at the pick and making up my own mind because I have no idea who these people are.

I need a site like this. Hopefully its just a glitch for me and I can access it later.

Would it be www.drafttek.com? If not , great site anyway.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Every year many people spend scads of hours doing mock drafts. How many actually have more than 1/2 the first round within 5 picks of where they actually land? Top 15 players maybe, after that its a crap shoot. I'd almost think it is easier to pick the NCAA tournament field correctly through to the sweet 16 than the NFL draft first round.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I would hope that GB takes a chance on Mixon RB from Oklahoma in the later Rounds if he's still there. Pretty tired of this choirboy mentality. This kid made a bad decision as a freshman and he'll have to live with it for the rest of his life (I mean how many of us made mistakes or bad decision when we were young). Anyway, I hope that they would take a chance on a guy who is a 1st Rd talent if he's there in the later Rounds. How many of us wouldn't have taken Collins the OL that went undrafted and then signed with the Cowboys because of a stupid accusation that wasn't true. A 1st Rd grade for them for free.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I would hope that GB takes a chance on Mixon RB from Oklahoma in the later Rounds if he's still there. Pretty tired of this choirboy mentality. This kid made a bad decision as a freshman and he'll have to live with it for the rest of his life (I mean how many of us made mistakes or bad decision when we were young). Anyway, I hope that they would take a chance on a guy who is a 1st Rd talent if he's there in the later Rounds. How many of us wouldn't have taken Collins the OL that went undrafted and then signed with the Cowboys because of a stupid accusation that wasn't true. A 1st Rd grade for them for free.

I agree to an extent about Mixon. I won't necessarily say that I think we should take him, but I do hope that his off-field incident doesn't immediately drop him off our board and that our talent evaluators and front office folks take guys like him on a case-by-case basis.

By the way OP, there is a sub-forum for draft-related threads. Check it out if you haven't seen it already. Less traffic than in here, but good info.

D

Deleted member 6794

There's a huge difference between making a bad decision while being young and punching a woman breaking several of her facial bones.

The NFL not even inviting Mixon to the combine tells you everything you need to know about the league's stance on him.

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a huge difference between making a bad decision while being young and punching a woman breaking several of her facial bones.

The NFL not even inviting Mixon to the combine tells you everything you need to know about the league's stance on him.
Exactly, I seriously doubt we have him on our board, many cities will take a chance, this doesn't seem to be one.

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some good picks should be available. What I'd like to see is aggressively filling in holes before the draft, especially CB. Then trade up for one of the top pass rusher/OLB .
I hope we fill a hole or two before the draft also, I think I'd rather get a known CB in FA , but CB's are very expensive. If we picked up another position during FA, I would agree that a move up in the draft to get one of the better CB's would be a good thing.

Bad thing is our own players will eat up most of the cap room if we choose to keep most.

D

Deleted member 6794

I hope we fill a hole or two before the draft also, I think I'd rather get a known CB in FA , but CB's are very expensive. If we picked up another position during FA, I would agree that a move up in the draft to get one of the better CB's would be a good thing.

Bad thing is our own players will eat up most of the cap room if we choose to keep most.

The Packers have sufficient cap space to sign a decent veteran cornerback. The team should use the savings created by releasing Shields to improve the position.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's an interesting format to say the least, however I'd rather see individual mocks because it's hard to see who really "wins" a round; granted things like that aren't really discussed until Draft Day.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are better options at RB than Mixon! This year is deep at RB. Doesn't need to be said, but like most of you I learned at about 12 years old you don't put hands on females. No matter the situation, unless maybe she has a gun. Then you go Bobby Bouche on them.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's an interesting format to say the least, however I'd rather see individual mocks because it's hard to see who really "wins" a round; granted things like that aren't really discussed until Draft Day.

For me though I can't tell who "won" the round anyway because I don't know any of the players. If you know the players I can see where the individual mocks might be better.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
The first pick has to be to fill in at CB or some kind of OLB. As Peppers place is need to be filled. At some point some holes on D need to be filled by FAs. Need some veteran leadership on D.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know there's no chance TT would go for it, but I'd mock Mixon going in the 5th or 6th Round.

Despite the PR nightmare associated with drafting him, this is a business; and nobody will care once a team rides Mixon to a Lombardi Trophy. Instead they'll talk about how that NFL GM not named Ted Thompson took a chance on a troubled young man and molded him into a championship role model. A 1st Round talent all the way back in the 5th or 6th, who'll play for peanuts for the next 3 years meanwhile churning out Pro Bowl and possibly ROY production? Yes please.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On Mixon - Funny thing is that most people never did anything wrong in their life (Right), never made a mistake. Now I can understand if this was a grown man, but just like women who posed for nude photos or *************** when they were young. Does this mean that they're off limits or couldn't have changed from a younger age? Of course he made a terrible decision, but the problem is that the same people that said he doesn't deserve a chance probably did worse (i.e Tom Cable - Seattle's OL Coach who beat 2 of his wives). Basically knocked one of them across the kitchen with a punch one day when he came home from practice while he was the Raiders Head Coach because she asked him how his day was. Or the assistant coach who's jaw was broken while in a meeting. Oh but it's okay for him to work in this league but not for a young man who made a horrible decision and hasn't been in trouble since. Until people look at things across the board then no one should point the finger at one person. What's good for one is good for all and anyone who feels differently should protest watching the NFL and the Seattle Seahawks for allowing him to work for their team and in this league. If you ask me it's all a bunch of B.S

How many of you wouldn't have wanted to have the OL Collins the Cowboys signed for free for a 7th Rd Pick? He slipped out of the draft because of a possible association to a crime that came out right before the draft. The murder of an ex-girlfirend. Couldn't waste a 7th Rounder on a 1st Round Talent - we have to make sure that we draft a project that maybe never develops. Oh that's right we can't do that in GB because anytime something seems wrong then you can't possibly play for our beloved Packers. Maybe Marshawn Lynch looked suspicious and uncontrollably which is why we didn't trade a 3rd Rd pick for him. Wrong move again especially because of all of the Pro Bowlers we drafted in the 3rd Round. Not to mention Rodgers played with him in college and tried to get the Packers to get him. The bottom line is that GB needs to get off their high horse and start selecting talent period.

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

There's not much point in this exercise until the Combine and Pro Day numbers roll in.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cable shouldn't be in the league either if those allegations were true. I imagine one has zero self control or I wonder what kind of values one has when pinching women in the face is acceptable, no matter what age you are.

And GB was going to trade a 3rd rounder, just so happened someone else had a better 3rd rounder to offer. GB has signed people with a past, Jolly comes to mind, though I'd say drugs you do yourself are far more forgivable than busting a woman's jaw. But maybe I had a flawed upbringing for a football player?

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cable shouldn't be in the league either if those allegations were true. I imagine one has zero self control or I wonder what kind of values one has when pinching women in the face is acceptable, no matter what age you are.

And GB was going to trade a 3rd rounder, just so happened someone else had a better 3rd rounder to offer. GB has signed people with a past, Jolly comes to mind, though I'd say drugs you do yourself are far more forgivable than busting a woman's jaw. But maybe I had a flawed upbringing for a football player?

GB wanted to offer no more than a 4th Rd Pick for Marshawn Lynch and Buffalo wanted a 3rd Rd Pick which Seattle stepped up and offered.

elchapogaming

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very interesting. I'm not much interested in a 1st round RB though. I don't see value there.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

can't deny watching GB with an actual RB would be hell of a fun time. Totally agree though that its very tough to stomach spending a first on a RB nowadays

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

he's not gonna be there past #29 unfortunately. He may not even make it to 29. I saw a quote from a packers scout that was very complimentary of Mixon but ended by him saying I don't think we're gonna get a chance at him. which I took to mean he's not making it to 29 and they're not trading up for him but if he's there at 29 he's gonna get serious consideration as the packers first round pick. I'd say he's worth the 29th pick I'd rather pair him with Rodgers for next 5 years than peterson for 1. also for the he hit a woman crowd, dalvin cook who is projected to go to pack at 29 in more than one expert mock also hit a woman. the people saying Mixon is gonna fall are dead wrong

Last edited:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On Mixon - Funny thing is that most people never did anything wrong in their life (Right), never made a mistake. Now I can understand if this was a grown man, but just like women who posed for nude photos or *************** when they were young. Does this mean that they're off limits or couldn't have changed from a younger age? Of course he made a terrible decision, but the problem is that the same people that said he doesn't deserve a chance probably did worse (i.e Tom Cable - Seattle's OL Coach who beat 2 of his wives). Basically knocked one of them across the kitchen with a punch one day when he came home from practice while he was the Raiders Head Coach because she asked him how his day was. Or the assistant coach who's jaw was broken while in a meeting. Oh but it's okay for him to work in this league but not for a young man who made a horrible decision and hasn't been in trouble since. Until people look at things across the board then no one should point the finger at one person. What's good for one is good for all and anyone who feels differently should protest watching the NFL and the Seattle Seahawks for allowing him to work for their team and in this league. If you ask me it's all a bunch of B.S

How many of you wouldn't have wanted to have the OL Collins the Cowboys signed for free for a 7th Rd Pick? He slipped out of the draft because of a possible association to a crime that came out right before the draft. The murder of an ex-girlfirend. Couldn't waste a 7th Rounder on a 1st Round Talent - we have to make sure that we draft a project that maybe never develops. Oh that's right we can't do that in GB because anytime something seems wrong then you can't possibly play for our beloved Packers. Maybe Marshawn Lynch looked suspicious and uncontrollably which is why we didn't trade a 3rd Rd pick for him. Wrong move again especially because of all of the Pro Bowlers we drafted in the 3rd Round. Not to mention Rodgers played with him in college and tried to get the Packers to get him. The bottom line is that GB needs to get off their high horse and start selecting talent period.

Collins stated he wouldn't play for anyone but Cowboys. which is why no one took him in 7th

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts