Senior Bowl Thread

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thought it might be nice to have a SR Bowl thread for those who care about this stuff.

Brief synopsis of what I've seen/heard.

Daeshawn Hamilton (PSU WR) is really good. 2nd best WR prospect there.

James Washington (OSU WR) is the best WR there, which surprised me. I thought he might struggle outside of OSU, but he's been killing it. Short at 5'10, he has 34" arms which is absolutely crazy. Means that he can play like he's 6'2. I wasn't high on him, but now I sure am.

Nathan Shepard from Fort Hays St (where?!?!) has been the best interior DL. Unfortunately broke his hand.

I don't see why anybody would draft Josh Allen.

The only QB that really interests me in our range is Kyle Lauletta. I think he's the perfect backup QB.

MJ Stewart has been killing it at CB.

Will Hernandez best OG.

Alex Cappa, Tyrell Crosby, both seem like good RT candidates to me. I could definitely see us taking Brian O'Neill from Pitt too.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as edge rushers, sounds like Ogbo I can't spell his last name from Oklahoma has been good. Short, but 34" arms which helps a lot.

Kemeko Turay from Rutgers has been really good, but his game tape doesn't always show that. That makes it tricky.

Davenport has been ok. Not good, not bad. Hopefully he picks it up.

Kylie Fitts has been ok as well. Not explosive, but good array of moves.

Dooley from Wisconsin is a solid, solid edge rusher. I like him.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Im starting to really like this Washington. He doesn't get pushed off routes and actually imposes his will in and out of breaks. That's huge for a receiver making the transition from college to pro.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like Mike Gesicki (TE PSU) is having a really good week. Best pass catching TE there. So he would probably be nice for Rodgers.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
As far as edge rushers, sounds like Ogbo I can't spell his last name from Oklahoma has been good. Short, but 34" arms which helps a lot.

Kemeko Turay from Rutgers has been really good, but his game tape doesn't always show that. That makes it tricky.

Davenport has been ok. Not good, not bad. Hopefully he picks it up.

Kylie Fitts has been ok as well. Not explosive, but good array of moves.

Dooley from Wisconsin is a solid, solid edge rusher. I like him.

It's interesting to me that Davenport was better when they let him stand up.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's interesting to me that Davenport was better when they let him stand up.

For a lot of these guys, it's familiarity. Take CB for example. If you have a guy there who thrives in zone, but the coaches at the SR bowl want to practice more of a man, or even man press scheme, the guy who thrives in zone is gonna look bad. That doesn't mean he's bad, it's just situational.

That's not to excuse Davenport either. His play simply hasn't been top 15 worthy at the SR bowl, but I still believe he can get there.

As average watchers, we probably think there isn't a big difference between a 2 pt and 3 pt stance...and really, there isn't. But if you're unfamiliar with it, and you take a false step bc of that, it hurts your rush chances. That's just one example. The SR bowl doesn't mean we should ignore game tape. The game tape doesn't mean we should ignore the SR bowl. Use all of the information available, and don't be afraid to say you're wrong. Of course, some people, I won't name names, will never admit they're wrong.

D

Deleted member 6794

Im starting to really like this Washington. He doesn't get pushed off routes and actually imposes his will in and out of breaks. That's huge for a receiver making the transition from college to pro.

Washington might present an intriguing option at #14 if he's still on the board.

Members online

Latest posts