Second scuffle in as many days at camp, and news on Pack D

Reaction score
There was a second scuffle between Nick Barnett and an O-linemen today. It was sorted out however. MS (during his interview after practice) said that it wasn't serious, and he didn't think it meant that there was bad blood amongst his players. Nick and the O-lineman did sort it out, and got back to practicing.

On another note, both Mike Sherman and Jim Bates said that the Defense has lacked consistency so far in practice, and apparantly Mike was not happy at all as the morning practice was average.

Rookie Roy Manning played weak and strong side LB with the 1st D unit today. When asked about what it meant, Bates said he liked what Roy has shown thus far in camp, and has earned the oppertunity.

On a more worrying note, today was the first time I have seen Jim Bates (talking to reporters) looking as if he was tired. Maybe it was just me or perhaps the weather, but he looked like he was drained of all energy. I usually see Jim full of energy, but for some reason that was missing today. I hope it has nothing to do with coach Bates being frustrated about our D so far in camp.

P.S. Sorry I don't have any article links, but the info above can be heard at www.packers.com, under the video section.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes what do we expect? It is a contact sport these little things are bound to happen even among teammates..................

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bates has been bothered by a bad back that slowed him down the other week. Maybe that's what is bothering him more than the defense.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
I forgot about that APF. Perhaps his back is acting up again. Also, it appears Murphy and Collins got into a scuffle in practice too. Collins clobberd Murphy in a drill after Murphy caught the ball. Man I am getting more excited about Collins by the day! :)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like the Carroll thing. He did it last year with Thomas, and now he does it with Javon Walker? If he was a good player it might be different, but he is a mediocre CB who might not even start. Who is next, Brett Favre?

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I don't like the Carroll thing. He did it last year with Thomas, and now he does it with Javon Walker? If he was a good player it might be different, but he is a mediocre CB who might not even start. Who is next, Brett Favre?

nice signature. Quagmire is an idol of mine.

on the subject of the fight...it's not a big deal. that stuff happens all the time. as long as Walker didn't hurt him when he laid into him then i would chalk it up to "no harm, no foul".

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many "other Teams" are they reporting incidents like these about? Anyone paying attention to that? I know Packer stuff is and will be expanded upon on this Forum... just curious about the level of reporting on all Teams. I haven't really noticed any fighting (if you will) being reported on the other Teams - is this a 'roid rage thing with the Packers? (I know it's not, just curious why the focus).

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
How many "other Teams" are they reporting incidents like these about? Anyone paying attention to that? I know Packer stuff is and will be expanded upon on this Forum... just curious about the level of reporting on all Teams. I haven't really noticed any fighting (if you will) being reported on the other Teams - is this a 'roid rage thing with the Packers? (I know it's not, just curious why the focus).

Good question, of course I'm lazy to go and search other teams sites though

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With that much adgrenelin going through ya, your gonna have these kind of incidents. As long as it dont get out of hand who cares. If it does get out of hand its up to the coaches to take care of it. I say have them put on the gloves and settle it after practice. :wink:

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers: It was Underwood, not Collins, who clobbered Murphy in practice as he caught a pass and crossed the goal line. I hope the fighting is due to high energy rather than frustration on the part of some of the players who are not performing up to expectations. Unlike a lot of fans, I don't see it as a positive when players are cheap-shotting their teammates and starting fights. But hopefully it's not a negative either. I have to admit that I've never watched a practice in person and have never played organized football, so I really don't know what's normal and what's not. Those who are more familiar with football practices don't seem to think it's any big deal, and I hope they're right.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
You are right Greg, my mistake. To add on this post,m apparently there was another fight today in the morning, between Washington and Ruegamer. 4 Fights in 2 days, but perhaps this one was instigated by Washington, who is frustrated at getting blocked off the ball so much in camp.

Members online

Latest posts