Seattle loses AGAIN

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Holmgren, SuperBowl winning Coach, has resided in Seattle for six - count 'em - six seasons now.. and the longest non-playoff streak for any Team in the NFL is still... unbroken!

Unbelievable... I could have sworn that Matt Hasselbeck, tutored under Brett Favre for how long? ...would have had that game in the bag... He walked that Team down the field very quickly and still had three timeouts left. Hell, they were on the 10-yd line... and SUDDENLY the Offensive Line folds.. like a cheap suit and just as suddenly.. they are 3 and 16... with about a minute left in the entire game... NUTS NUTS NUTS....

I tell ya - I feel for Matt Hasselbeck... I really do.
They shoulda had that game.. the Rams were up on top first and Matt single-handedly brought them right back tooth & nail.....

It was a good game, but now.... Holmgren gets to go home early.

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watched the game and it was probably Mike Holmgrens last in seattle. I went out to seattle on business this fall for 3 weeks and all the papers, radio and fans are calling for mikes head. I don't see Mr. Microsoft keeping him any longer. Looks like mike will be coaching the 49ers. Hey don't the Packers need a GM??

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hell about the vikings as a franchise now? at least we have made it there? ask seattle fans if they would trade records. how long has seattle been a team anyway? anyone know? i cant remember exactly when they came in? in the 70's?

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikes93animal said:
i cant remember exactly when they came in? in the 70's?

googled it-1976.

that game should have gone into overtime. that dropped ball in the endzone was catchable in every sense of the word.

kind of ironic how dropping passes was their MO all season, and then it costs them a game in the playoffs.

there was a pundit yesterday who said something to the effect of "you're still the same team in the playoffs as you are during the regular season. you can't change your stripes. if you drop balls all season, you'll drop balls in the playoffs."

how prophetic...and pathetic.

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Holmgren, SuperBowl winning Coach
I think this has to prove that old Mikey is still overrated. Yes he turned the Packers around but maybe it is Wolf, Favre and White that should take credit for that. He just happened to be there at the right time I think. I like him, I think he is a good guy but I also think he is overrated.

Later
Leopardmech

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
leopardmech said:
I think this has to prove that old Mikey is still overrated. Yes he turned the Packers around but maybe it is Wolf, Favre and White that should take credit for that. He just happened to be there at the right time I think. I like him, I think he is a good guy but I also think he is overrated.

Later
Leopardmech

i think it's all puzzle pieces my man...a great coaching staff can only scheme so much ya know. theres so many variables in a superbowl team its rediculous.

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I tell ya - I feel for Matt Hasselbeck... I really do.
Ya me too. NOT.
He got the ball again and still couldn't score. :D
That is what he wanted last year, right. He wanted the ball because he was going to score (a touchdown pass to Al Harris)
I could have sworn that Matt Hasselbeck, tutored under Brett Favre for how long?
It must have been too long he was still passing the ball to Packers. :lol:

Later
Leopardmech

G

well i have a couple of reasons why seatle did not win.
1. there recevers suck really bad, and where the heck was the king of all recevers on that last play? pretty sad on holmgrens part :?: :?: :-? :-?
2 after Mike left the pack his career in coaching went from a 10 to a 1 cuz hes mising number 4 baby
3 Hasselbeck isnt a leader, what was he doing on that last play, trying to scramble??????? hes white it doesnt work like that, and then he finaly fires a pass to one of ther horrid wide recevers wich could catch a ball if it was stuck to there hands, and by the way the pass was wild it was about a 2 yard pass i mean come on

Members online

Latest posts