1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Seattle loses AGAIN

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by IPBprez, Jan 8, 2005.

1. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Mike Holmgren, SuperBowl winning Coach, has resided in Seattle for six - count 'em - six seasons now.. and the longest non-playoff streak for any Team in the NFL is still... unbroken!

Unbelievable... I could have sworn that Matt Hasselbeck, tutored under Brett Favre for how long? ...would have had that game in the bag... He walked that Team down the field very quickly and still had three timeouts left. Hell, they were on the 10-yd line... and SUDDENLY the Offensive Line folds.. like a cheap suit and just as suddenly.. they are 3 and 16... with about a minute left in the entire game... NUTS NUTS NUTS....

I tell ya - I feel for Matt Hasselbeck... I really do.
    They shoulda had that game.. the Rams were up on top first and Matt single-handedly brought them right back tooth & nail.....

It was a good game, but now.... Holmgren gets to go home early.

2. gotarace27

gotarace27 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Watched the game and it was probably Mike Holmgrens last in seattle. I went out to seattle on business this fall for 3 weeks and all the papers, radio and fans are calling for mikes head. I don't see Mr. Microsoft keeping him any longer. Looks like mike will be coaching the 49ers. Hey don't the Packers need a GM??

3. vikes93animal

vikes93animal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    hell about the vikings as a franchise now? at least we have made it there? ask seattle fans if they would trade records. how long has seattle been a team anyway? anyone know? i cant remember exactly when they came in? in the 70's?

4. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    googled it-1976.

that game should have gone into overtime. that dropped ball in the endzone was catchable in every sense of the word.

kind of ironic how dropping passes was their MO all season, and then it costs them a game in the playoffs.

there was a pundit yesterday who said something to the effect of "you're still the same team in the playoffs as you are during the regular season. you can't change your stripes. if you drop balls all season, you'll drop balls in the playoffs."

how prophetic...and pathetic.

5. leopardmech

leopardmech Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think this has to prove that old Mikey is still overrated. Yes he turned the Packers around but maybe it is Wolf, Favre and White that should take credit for that. He just happened to be there at the right time I think. I like him, I think he is a good guy but I also think he is overrated.

Later
    Leopardmech

6. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    i think it's all puzzle pieces my man...a great coaching staff can only scheme so much ya know. theres so many variables in a superbowl team its rediculous.

7. leopardmech

leopardmech Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ya me too. NOT.
    He got the ball again and still couldn't score. :D
    That is what he wanted last year, right. He wanted the ball because he was going to score (a touchdown pass to Al Harris)
    It must have been too long he was still passing the ball to Packers. :lol:

Later
    Leopardmech

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    well i have a couple of reasons why seatle did not win.
    1. there recevers suck really bad, and where the heck was the king of all recevers on that last play? pretty sad on holmgrens part :?: :?: :-? :-?
    2 after Mike left the pack his career in coaching went from a 10 to a 1 cuz hes mising number 4 baby
    3 Hasselbeck isnt a leader, what was he doing on that last play, trying to scramble??????? hes white it doesnt work like that, and then he finaly fires a pass to one of ther horrid wide recevers wich could catch a ball if it was stuck to there hands, and by the way the pass was wild it was about a 2 yard pass i mean come on

9. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +391
    They gonna loose next week......AGAIN!!!!