1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

SCREEN PASSES .........why dont we?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by dogpackerz, Sep 20, 2010.

1. dogpackerz

dogpackerz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +37
    After watching the Monday night game and seeing both teams utilize the screen pass to RB's, and quick slants to TE's and WR's. It brings back a weekly sour taste that i have in my mouth after every Packer game since last year. Were suppose to be a west coast offense? But we have 3 and 4 receivers running down field every play. I understand were explosive. But lets bring back the dump off passes, slants, screens, that are high percentage and have great results.

When was the last time we saw a designed screen pass with 3 offensive lineman rolling out with a running back?
    When was the last time you saw McChubby have a designed play for Rodgers to throw 2 fake pump screen passes and then throw a seam pass to a TE? NEVER

I wish we ended up getting Sean Peyton 5 years ago. He isnt scared! He's very creative. And he knows when to challenge a play.

anyways..back to my point

McChubby, please bring the screen(dump off) pass back into our offense. It would open up so many new ave's.

My son says its the #1 thing i bitch about every damn game, since middle of last season.
    I remember Ahman Green and William Henderson along with Dorsey and Edgar killing other defenses with it.

:viksux::chisux::detsux::viksux::chisux::detsux:

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,480
    I been crying for this for last 2 weeks

The only thing I CAN think of is they dont trust the linemen enough to get this done

3. Kallalives

Kallalives Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We do have those awesome naked screen passes. But in all serious yes it would be awesome if we did more screen plays. Finely would be a beast if he got a couple blockers in front of him. Also it would help Jackson become a bigger part of the offense.

4. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Yeah, I remember back in the day, everybody would talk about GB being one of the best screen teams. Guess since Ryan Grant wasn't great at catching the ball, it was too risky. Also with Cliffy's and Tuascher's knees, do they have the speed to get down field as blockers, and do you want those guys doing that? I don't.

Maybe if B.Jack and Bulaga are in there, we can bring out the screen play to the left!????

Cliffy and Tuascher just don't have the speed I bet in those old squeakers of theirs.

5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I would have assumed with Bjack we would start any game

6. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,480
    They dont have to do a tackle screen couldnt they do a guard/center screen?

7. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Good question to ask Mike McCarthy or the O-line coach at a Q&A

8. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,480
    I think they would give a pc answer and not the truth cuz that would give away some flaws?

9. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    I can just hear MM now. "Well, we practice that and we make screens a emphasis at practice, but we just..<cough>... haven't been in a position were I felt it would be beneficial to us in a game situation!"

What he really means is "We suck at screens!"

I have a feeling our team just sucks at them for whatever reason. Yeah, with BJ you think we'd try one once in a while. And also we don't seem to run many play actions. Or is that just something I somehow missed?

• Like Like x 2
  10. JoshuaRHuffman

JoshuaRHuffman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    From what I've read about Nance's scouting report he might be a decent screen back. Wouldn't count on them utilizing it, though.

11. chucknorris101

chucknorris101 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    I think we moved away from the screen because our tackles are so old, transitioning to bulaga may help them bring it back