SCREEN PASSES .........why dont we?

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching the Monday night game and seeing both teams utilize the screen pass to RB's, and quick slants to TE's and WR's. It brings back a weekly sour taste that i have in my mouth after every Packer game since last year. Were suppose to be a west coast offense? But we have 3 and 4 receivers running down field every play. I understand were explosive. But lets bring back the dump off passes, slants, screens, that are high percentage and have great results.

When was the last time we saw a designed screen pass with 3 offensive lineman rolling out with a running back?
When was the last time you saw McChubby have a designed play for Rodgers to throw 2 fake pump screen passes and then throw a seam pass to a TE? NEVER

I wish we ended up getting Sean Peyton 5 years ago. He isnt scared! He's very creative. And he knows when to challenge a play.

anyways..back to my point

McChubby, please bring the screen(dump off) pass back into our offense. It would open up so many new ave's.

My son says its the #1 thing i ***** about every damn game, since middle of last season.
I remember Ahman Green and William Henderson along with Dorsey and Edgar killing other defenses with it.

:viksux::chisux::detsux::viksux::chisux::detsux:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I been crying for this for last 2 weeks

The only thing I CAN think of is they dont trust the linemen enough to get this done

Kallalives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We do have those awesome naked screen passes. But in all serious yes it would be awesome if we did more screen plays. Finely would be a beast if he got a couple blockers in front of him. Also it would help Jackson become a bigger part of the offense.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, I remember back in the day, everybody would talk about GB being one of the best screen teams. Guess since Ryan Grant wasn't great at catching the ball, it was too risky. Also with Cliffy's and Tuascher's knees, do they have the speed to get down field as blockers, and do you want those guys doing that? I don't.

Maybe if B.Jack and Bulaga are in there, we can bring out the screen play to the left!????

Cliffy and Tuascher just don't have the speed I bet in those old squeakers of theirs.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think they would give a pc answer and not the truth cuz that would give away some flaws?

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I think they would give a pc answer and not the truth cuz that would give away some flaws?

I can just hear MM now. "Well, we practice that and we make screens a emphasis at practice, but we just..<cough>... haven't been in a position were I felt it would be beneficial to us in a game situation!"

What he really means is "We suck at screens!"

I have a feeling our team just sucks at them for whatever reason. Yeah, with BJ you think we'd try one once in a while. And also we don't seem to run many play actions. Or is that just something I somehow missed?

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I've read about Nance's scouting report he might be a decent screen back. Wouldn't count on them utilizing it, though.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we moved away from the screen because our tackles are so old, transitioning to bulaga may help them bring it back

Members online

Latest posts