Scott Wells out this week

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy said in his press conference that Scott wells got poked in the eye and fractured his eye orbital.(eye socket) Will likely be out this week and will probably be back after the bye.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Scott Wells out this week. Probably be back after bye

my dad had that fracture and they had to take a chip from his hip to rebuild it

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Spitz took way to long to snap the ball in the 2 minute offense. He better get his timing down with Favre.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wells out will definately hurt, although maybe Spitz will perform better after a full week of practice. He looked bad last night.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think it's hard to just jump into the lineup in the middle of the game and outplay the regular starter. I'll give Spitzy a chance to familiarize this week, and see if he isn't the stud he's rumored to be when he's the Center.

That poke in the eye is definitely intentional on the Bears' part, they're some of the dirtiest m.f.ers in the league with that kinda of hard-to-see, under the table-type crap. I hate them and hope that they suffer at least 6 season-enders to their starters.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Scott Wells out this week. Probably be back after bye

Seeing the face mask the players wear, it's hard to believe that it wasn't intentional. But we won't ever know for sure.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

Spitz took way to long to snap the ball in the 2 minute offense. He better get his timing down with Favre.

Good call..

Mike Clemens said:
WELLS HAS VISOR IN HIS SIGHTS

Packers Center Scott Wells was on the Gary & Cliff Show on WSSP, and says he thinks that when Bears defensive nose tackle Anthony Adams poked him in the eye, it was not intentional.

Wells said it....stay with me now....shoved his eyeball back into the socket, and caused a fracture in the orbit, the bone around the socket.

Wells was wearing sunglasses in the building Monday. He'll be out until October 29th when the Packers travel to Denver to face the Broncos on Monday Night Football.

Jason Spitz will fill in at center this Sunday against the Redskins. The Packers have a bye the following weekend.

Spitz took the blame for not keeping the tempo of the offense up during the Packers two minute drill, saying although he has had plenty of reps at center to back-up Wells, he had not done a lot of 2-minute drill work.

When Wells returns, he'll wear a visor. Gary and & Cliff suggested to Wells to go with a tinted visor, maybe green for team color, or black to look intimidating. Wells suggested something stylish like yellow.

Whatever he wears, it will have to be approved by the league office, a new rule. The NFL wants a legit reasons for players to wear visors over their facemask, not just because it looks cool.

- Mike Clemens

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't get it......why can't a guy wear one just to look cool? I mean, does it hurt anything?
The "NoFunLeague" strikes again!

(And I think a yellow shield would look SOOOO cool!) :lol:

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Scott Wells likely out this week. Probably be back after bye

Better yet, why don't they get those one-way decals people put on their car windows? How about a snarling devil face comin at you or a striking snakehead?

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bad.

Spitz is good and all, but under Wells the running game started to show up.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Scott Wells likely out this week. Probably be back after

I'm sure I'm in the minority here but if any good could come out of this, I believe Spitz could be better at C than Wells, and I've always pulled for Wells. He's a scrapper(Wells) but I don't think he's big enough to handle those DTs on a regular basis. I am disappointed in Colledge. I was looking for big things from him this year.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm worried about Wells. I think this is the same injury that ended Najeh Davenport's season a few years ago. And the Packers have been under-reporting injuries all season (Morency, Herron, Jennings, Holliday, etc.).

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hopefully Wells wil be back after the break, but if not I think Spitz will be okay.
It's Clifton and College I'm worried about. They look awful.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think Wells is just being nice when he said he didn't think the poke was intentional. I am inclined to believe that to poke someone in the eye while he is wearing a face mask is an intentional move. But htne what do I know?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score

linemen being poked in the eye is pretty common actually. when i played, i got quite a few eye gouges which i think were unintentional, and i gave quite a few too, most of which were unintentional. it happens. it hurts.

Latest posts