Sam Barrington injury update?

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any word on his ankle situation? Losing an ILB is last thing we need.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Losing Rodgers is actually the last thing we need. :roflmao:

In all seriousness, all I heard was that it was an ankle injury like you said. Hopefully not serious. Didn't look like a long-term thing, but who knows.

D

Deleted member 6794

Any word on his ankle situation? Losing an ILB is last thing we need.

Barrington left the locker room on crutches with his right foot in a boot after the game. The smart way to deal with it is to let the injury heal so he doesn´t re-injure it again and again.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barrington left the locker room on crutches with his right foot in a boot after the game. The smart way to deal with it is to let the injury heal so he doesn´t re-injure it again and again.

Wow, I didn't see that. Guessing it will be some time then.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did the injury happen in the game? Or was it already injured headed into it?

D

Deleted member 6794

Did the injury happen in the game? Or was it already injured headed into it?

He was limited in practice during the week before the Bears game with an ankle injury and it seems he aggrevated it yesterday.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Palmer was fine. Barrington looked terrible on that bum ankle early. Jeffrey roasted him and it wasn't even close.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nate Palmer surprised me too. He has nice sideline to sideline ability. I'm hoping he progresses and gets better.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm guessing Palmer and Matthews continue getting the bulk of ILB play.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Palmer looked much better than Barrington in pass coverage. btw I wish there was some way to teach players not to smash into their teamates when they are tackling. Especially when the runner is already on the ground. Barrington almost took both him and Palmer out. Maybe just a bit better concentration? Could help HaHa too.

D

Deleted member 6794

McCarthy said Barrington will be hard pressed to practice Wednesday. The team is still awaiting test results.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
with the level of play of our current ILB's, I'd have to think if anyone worth checking out were out there, they'd be here. My guess is clay is a permanent fixture in the middle, and I am more than OK with that. He's better from there anyway as far as I'm concerned and our defense plays with guys all over. I don't even pretend to guess what "kind" of defense they're in anymore.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Pickings are slim on street FA ILB...... Hope TT's lack of signing FA's and not drafting anyone but Ryan doesn't come back to bite us.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The obvious answer is to fire Capers!...on a serious note it's going to be Matthews in the middle and everyone will just have to hope that Perry/Neal can stay healthy and moderately effective at OLB opposite Peppers. Which brings up another concern and that's that Peppers may now have to play more snaps than the coaching staff wants him too.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hoping we get to see Jake Ryan now to see what he does.

What are the chances TT looks around for a trade? When is the last time we ever made a trade during the season? I cannot remember.

Maybe call Cinci and ask about Paul Dawson? He looked good in the preseason....but hes stuck behind Mauluga and Burfict. Bengals have a surplus at ILB. Hell, they even have AJ Hawk lol

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hoping we get to see Jake Ryan now to see what he does.

What are the chances TT looks around for a trade? When is the last time we ever made a trade during the season? I cannot remember.

Maybe call Cinci and ask about Paul Dawson? He looked good in the preseason....but hes stuck behind Mauluga and Burfict. Bengals have a surplus at ILB. Hell, they even have AJ Hawk lol

i wish! lol

we're beyond thin if barrington goes down. let's not forget clay has a tough time staying healthy himself.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brandon Spikes is available and fits the run stopping ILB role, but his stock has gone way down since the spring. He had some off the field issues, wasn't at a training camp and therefore not likely to be in great shape, and he'd have to sit a 4 game suspension before he could even play.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hope that TT and Coach realize how critically down the ILB spot is now and look outside of the organization for help via trade. Carl Bradford isn't the answer.

This is a Super Bowl run year, lets load up.

It might take us getting gashed again by Lynch and Seattle to realize that.

I'm one of the more positive posters on this forum and I finally see a critical problem. I don't usually post stuff like this.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
considering they passed on Dawson numerous times, I don't think they're going to trade anything to get him now, and I'd really question what he had if cincy was actually going to give up on a draft choice 1 week into the season. Spikes couldn't even practice for us till after 25% of the season was gone. i think TT knew then, what he knows now, and Spikes isn't going to fit with this team, or any other it seems. No thanks.

Staff online

Latest posts