Ryan Grant

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I was reading that this morning.. here is to hoping that he is the second comming of "Dorse the Horse"... Bjack and Grant as the slashers in the running game and Wynn has the "jackhammer" .

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He slipped on the floor at the nightclub, thats how he got hurt..For those that wondered what type of fight he had ;)

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope he does become the next Dorsey Levens.

Hey, maybe we can still bring back "the Old Horse".

Reaction score
Profootball Weekly said the Packers really like this kid, and genuinely believe he can compete to be their #1 back.

A source in the Packers organization called this kid a "stallion", with his size and great speed. And judging by his wonderlic, he's got a good head on his shoulders too.

He would seem to be a great option as the 3rd down back.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers philosophy for their 3rd RB has been wrong for many years now, that spot has to be reserved for young talented RBs that might become something and there has to be rotation bringing in new talent at the spot when the current obviously isn't going to develop further.

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he was this good, why would NY let him go? Their backs are nothing real special. I would think that if he had that type of potential, NY would have held on to him to find out.

I don't buy it. We hear that type of stuff over and over and rarely does it pan out.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, i will wait and see when the guy actually produces.
Sometimes a team overlooks a talent, so who knows? Maybe the guy will be something special.
Only the results will show for sure.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he doesn't need to be anything special as long as he produces.
Thats pretty much what i meant..........lets see what the guy does on the field. THEN you can judge if he's any good or a waste. Until then, it's anybodies guess.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't Jarrett Bush cut from Carolina? I think he's got the goods. Sometimes tough decisions have to be made. I think Rayner is a good kicker. better than many in the league, but we couldn't keep him. 53 players isn't that many, and sometimes tough calls need to be made.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
Wasn't Jarrett Bush cut from Carolina? I think he's got the goods. Sometimes tough decisions have to be made. I think Rayner is a good kicker. better than many in the league, but we couldn't keep him. 53 players isn't that many, and sometimes tough calls need to be made.
Thats so true Bozz. One mans garbage can be another man's treasure.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he was this good, why would NY let him go? Their backs are nothing real special. I would think that if he had that type of potential, NY would have held on to him to find out.

I don't buy it. We hear that type of stuff over and over and rarely does it pan out.

Jacobs was the starter. They really liked what they got out of Ward and Bradshaw as his backups. Former 1,000 yard rusher Droughns was also a backup who is now playing FB because of injuries.

Grant was told he had made the Giants roster despite all of that, but they decided to go with the trade later that day when the Packers offered the unconditional 6th.

If you read threads about the trade on Giants forums, they have nothing bad to say about Grant and how he played.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
axelred13 said:

Jacobs was the starter. They really liked what they got out of Ward and Bradshaw as his backups. Former 1,000 yard rusher Droughns was also a backup who is now playing FB because of injuries.

Grant was told he had made the Giants roster despite all of that, but they decided to go with the trade later that day when the Packers offered the unconditional 6th.

If you read threads about the trade on Giants forums, they have nothing bad to say about Grant and how he played.

I agree. The Giants are in a win now situation with Coughlin on the hot seat. Ryan Grant just got caught up in a numbers game.

They kept Reuben Droughns because the knew what he had. Teams that are in a win now mode usually can't afford to keep good, young player that may take a while to develop.

Members online