Running Back

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be happy with a second rounder. Anything less isn't value for Flynn imo. A third round compensatory pick is a glorified fourth rounder.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually think it would be better to have a scat back than a power runner. I think Starks is capable of being guy that can break tackles and is hard to bring down. Although he does need to prove he can stay healthy

But having a RB who is elusive and quick and can be a threat in the receiving game would be better. Someone like LaMichael James would be ideal although I'm not sure we'd target him before he got off the board

Starks, Green and James as part of a RB rotation sounds good to me.

It would be nice for us to get someone that we can use just like the Saints used Sproles this season.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
It would be nice for us to get someone that we can use just like the Saints used Sproles this season.

Exactly a RB that can not only run in between the tackles when he's asked, but a guy who is threat in the receiving department.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually think it would be better to have a scat back than a power runner. I think Starks is capable of being guy that can break tackles and is hard to bring down. Although he does need to prove he can stay healthy

But having a RB who is elusive and quick and can be a threat in the receiving game would be better. Someone like LaMichael James would be ideal although I'm not sure we'd target him before he got off the board

Starks, Green and James as part of a RB rotation sounds good to me.

I think Starks, Green and Saine are the future running game of the Packers. That is once Grant retires, to me, Grant is still very much relevant to this team and I will take nothing away from him. It's saddens me that due to Green's injury last year, we never really got to realize his potential. I think LaMichael James would be a good fit into our system by the problem will lie in getting him. We'll have to stand in line for him and that could be a long line depending on how many teams are needing RBs. I personally thing we have a good mix with Starks, Green, Saine and Grant. Throw Kuhn in the mix, he's good at pounding short yardage. I think we will have enough of a running game to make a difference in the game considering we primarily pass anyway.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I think Starks, Green and Saine are the future running game of the Packers. That is once Grant retires, to me, Grant is still very much relevant to this team and I will take nothing away from him. It's saddens me that due to Green's injury last year, we never really got to realize his potential. I think LaMichael James would be a good fit into our system by the problem will lie in getting him. We'll have to stand in line for him and that could be a long line depending on how many teams are needing RBs. I personally thing we have a good mix with Starks, Green, Saine and Grant. Throw Kuhn in the mix, he's good at pounding short yardage. I think we will have enough of a running game to make a difference in the game considering we primarily pass anyway.

You're sold on Saine already? I haven't seen enough of him yet personally

Still have an elusive guy out of the backfield that teams have to keep an eye on would be good to have. It doesn't have to be James though. Chris Rainey is projected to go in the later rounds.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're sold on Saine already? I haven't seen enough of him yet personally

Still have an elusive guy out of the backfield that teams have to keep an eye on would be good to have. It doesn't have to be James though. Chris Rainey is projected to go in the later rounds.

Perhaps "sold" is too strong of a word. I'm not sold on either Saine or Green, I just see they have potential. I'm more sold on Starks, although he didn't have a productive of a season last year as he had during the playoffs in the SB season. I've seen enough of him to know the talent is there. However, just because we haven't seen enough of Saine or Green yet doesn't mean the RB coaches, TT and MM have. They are keeping these guys around for a reason. Personally, for my own comfort, I'd rather them draft a proven RB, maybe not a huge caliber one that would eat up the cap, just one that would get the job done and supplement Starks and Grant until Saine and Green realize their potential. Green never really had a chance to get off the map. Saine didn't get play time until very late in the season, very much like Starks. Only difference is Starks had a much bigger impact than Saine during his debut. But, you just can't expect everyone to come out of the gate like Starks did. I think Saine has a lot of potential to have an impact on our game, but you make a good point, we need to see more of him to be sure of it.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle got him for a 4th round pick and a conditional pick thiS year which started as a 6th rounder, but most likely would be a 5th round based on Lynch's performance with Seattle.

Like I said...a bag of doughnuts.

Not exactly correct. Our 4th rounder was worth considerably less than Seattle's at the time. We would have had to given up a 3rd to get him.

SEWICHEESE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not exactly correct. Our 4th rounder was worth considerably less than Seattle's at the time. We would have had to given up a 3rd to get him.

I think getting Lynch probably would have been worth giving up a low 3rd round pick for. But out running game isnt really the problem with our team, but would help by keeping the D off the field. But mostly its the DARN defense. We need a playmaker at ROLB and quality bodies on the D line to replace CJ, not the scrubs that we now have, I think its fairly apparent that Neal isnt the answer. He's an injury prone bullrusher type at best. If we get those things fixed out D backs don't need to be world beaters. Look at how the Giants model their defense. Great explosive D line. I'd say that has worked for them quite nicely. TT needs to focus like a laser on improving the pass rush this offseason.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think getting Lynch probably would have been worth giving up a low 3rd round pick for. But out running game isnt really the problem with our team, but would help by keeping the D off the field. But mostly its the DARN defense. We need a playmaker at ROLB and quality bodies on the D line to replace CJ, not the scrubs that we now have, I think its fairly apparent that Neal isnt the answer. He's an injury prone bullrusher type at best. If we get those things fixed out D backs don't need to be world beaters. Look at how the Giants model their defense. Great explosive D line. I'd say that has worked for them quite nicely. TT needs to focus like a laser on improving the pass rush this offseason.

Playmaker at ROLB is something I completely agree with. However, assuming Neal could get and stay healthy, a bull rush is actually what our linemen are supposed to do for their rushes. Their job is to knock back the center and guards so the quarterback cannot step up into the pocket to escape the OLBs.

Remember, in the 3-4, the OLBs are analogous to 4-3 ends like Tuck and Osi. They are the playmaking pass rushers.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too early to give up on Neal. Dude ripped Clifton to the ground last season in practice

Imagine if we gave up on bush when everyone said we should

OP
OP
Vltrophy

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would take a 2nd, but think someone will give up a 1st for him
I agree that someone would give a 2nd rd pick but a 1st is pushing it. Flynn is good & ready to start but if you go that route then I'd say a 2nd rd w/a possible 1st rd next yr if Flynnn were to take the team deep in the playoffs.

OP
OP
Vltrophy

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps "sold" is too strong of a word. I'm not sold on either Saine or Green, I just see they have potential. I'm more sold on Starks, although he didn't have a productive of a season last year as he had during the playoffs in the SB season. I've seen enough of him to know the talent is there. However, just because we haven't seen enough of Saine or Green yet doesn't mean the RB coaches, TT and MM have. They are keeping these guys around for a reason. Personally, for my own comfort, I'd rather them draft a proven RB, maybe not a huge caliber one that would eat up the cap, just one that would get the job done and supplement Starks and Grant until Saine and Green realize their potential. Green never really had a chance to get off the map. Saine didn't get play time until very late in the season, very much like Starks. Only difference is Starks had a much bigger impact than Saine during his debut. But, you just can't expect everyone to come out of the gate like Starks did. I think Saine has a lot of potential to have an impact on our game, but you make a good point, we need to see more of him to be sure of it.
I believe we should get someone to take Cliftons place & help Buluga & a RB in the 3rd & 4th rd. The other rds work on D for the rest w/the excetion of the comp.pick & take an O-lineman. For the D I like Poe,Ingram & Perry