Rumors

gute

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I go to another website about the Packers and have read some interesting rumors concerning Hawk for Antonio Cromartie. I can not see this happening. If we are willing to move Hawk due to poor performance in the 3-4 why would San Diego be willing to trade a good CB for a guy who would most likely play poorly in their 3-4 scheme. Hawk is a 4-3 linebacker so I think if you are gonna move him you trade him to a 4-3 for a draft pick.

Another rumor is TT has interest in the Tampa OTs - Penn and Trueblood, but Tampa has a lot of cap space so re-signing both is makes sense for them both to do.

If we do anything I think it will be adding a FA corner to play nickel and a safety to either start or add depth.

Packer Matt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I go to another website about the Packers and have read some interesting rumors concerning Hawk for Antonio Cromartie. I can not see this happening. If we are willing to move Hawk due to poor performance in the 3-4 why would San Diego be willing to trade a good CB for a guy who would most likely play poorly in their 3-4 scheme. Hawk is a 4-3 linebacker so I think if you are gonna move him you trade him to a 4-3 for a draft pick.

Another rumor is TT has interest in the Tampa OTs - Penn and Trueblood, but Tampa has a lot of cap space so re-signing both is makes sense for them both to do.

If we do anything I think it will be adding a FA corner to play nickel and a safety to either start or add depth.

I saw the rumor also and was suprised. It also stated that we would trade Hawk and our 2010 2nd round pick for Cromartie and San Diego's 3rd round pick. It's not often that you get to trade for a stud corner in only his fourth year in the league. At 6'2 and 205, Cromartie fits the size we are looking for in a corner. Also stated that we could make a run for ILB Kirk Morrison from Oakland and OLB Thomas Howard. Morrison excels in pass coverage and Howard is one of the fastest LB's in the NFL. Would love to add Penn at LT. If all of these deals come to fruition, I would be shocked.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every year rumors, and every year they prove themselves to be just that.

Many would call that insanity.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw the rumor also and was suprised. It also stated that we would trade Hawk and our 2010 2nd round pick for Cromartie and San Diego's 3rd round pick. It's not often that you get to trade for a stud corner in only his fourth year in the league. At 6'2 and 205, Cromartie fits the size we are looking for in a corner. Also stated that we could make a run for ILB Kirk Morrison from Oakland and OLB Thomas Howard. Morrison excels in pass coverage and Howard is one of the fastest LB's in the NFL. Would love to add Penn at LT. If all of these deals come to fruition, I would be shocked.

At this point I would be happy to get anything for Hawk, like Kampman (franchise tag) their contracts are a stumbling points when it comes down to trades.

Either way I think Hawk is finished in Green Bay, he will be a one of the victims of the switch to the 3-4 defense, LBs in this scheme have to be fast and athletic, Hawk is strong and slow.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
Freaking hilarious! But he still is an improvement over Bush and Williams most days of the year.

Bush wouldn't have seen the field without substantial injuries. I think Williams has a lot of potential. He is a good cover guy but needs to be a little more physical in the right way (tackling) and a little less in the wrong way (hooking WRs when the ball is in the air).

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=2&thread=1584335&page=1&pc=4

If an ad comes up just wait or click on the link to skip it. If you watched the Jets beat the Chargers you know how soft Cromartie played. Somebody took the time to set up this fake facebook style page to mock him. It is pretty good.

I saw that play and wondered who that player was who was in position but looked scared to get his Jersey dirty. I can understand doing that in a regular season game to a point, but this game has a shot at the super bowl riding on it and he plays like that.

I see a major red flag, or is it a camera angle making it look closer than it is. I would trade Hawk for him, just to get out of Hawk's contract and move our inside LB in a different direction.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
I saw that play and wondered who that player was who was in position but looked scared to get his Jersey dirty. I can understand doing that in a regular season game to a point, but this game has a shot at the super bowl riding on it and he plays like that.

I see a major red flag, or is it a camera angle making it look closer than it is. I would trade Hawk for him, just to get out of Hawk's contract and move our inside LB in a different direction.

Oh, I agree. I think Hawk is mis-cast dead wood in this defensive scheme. He is due to make about $4.6M in 2010 but something like $10M in 2011 (a poison pill sort of like what was in Wahle's contract to make us re-do his deal or release him). They re-signed Chillar already so I'd be inclined to make him the starting ILB beside Barnett and move Hawk for anything that makes sense. Even if Cromartie is soft as the stay puff man, he can cover. If anything he would be way better depth than what we currently have. Dude doesn't like contact but not every corner is Chuck and Al. If he can cover he really helps our secondary, and he can cover.

OHIOFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, I would love to see the Pack get Cromartie, even if they have to give up both Hawk and Kampman. This deal would fix a lot of issues the Pack has. Then they could focus on the O-line in the Draft if need be. Cromartie is a stud.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gute you sob I was about to post this thread! LOL Anyways the article that is being talked about can be found on packerchatters.com. Think its very interesting but I'm not sure how credible the source is. I doubt any of these moves even happen. For instance while Cromartie hasn't really met expectations this season he's been solid in many games. He is just coming off a major injury from '08 so I'm not surprised to see him a bit rattled. The chargers would have to be awfully dumb to give him up right now. Also, Kirk Morrison/Thomas Howard? Are you kidding me? It would take 1st round picks for the next 3 years just to get either of them. Next to Asomugha those two are the best players on their team and Al Davis would be shunned by his fans if he traded any one of them. The Tackles from the Buccs however seem to be the only reasonable rumors. I can see us snagging at least 1 of them.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Packerchatters?

Not Joe?

If thats the case toss it out the window..He throws crap out and I never seen one stick

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't want to be a downer but I feel like rumors are just rumors and until it actually happens I won't take it for much. Especially with how TT operates, I just don't see anything but the draft and a few no name or low level signings to fill holes happening.

Staff online

Latest posts