1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rookie Hazing

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Croak, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Croak

Croak Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,973
    So the Cowboys have followed up on last year and put a moratorium on most rookie hazing. I know this was discussed before, so I'm not debating the merits of hazing.

I'm just curious if anyone knows what current rookie hazing practices the Packers have? Do they make them carry pads or sing fight songs, etc.?

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,480
    I am pretty sure no real hazing in that in the way people think of hazing..

They might make them sing their fight song for some reason..They used to make the rookies pay for turkeys at the store during Thanksgiving

I think we have a few here with more info on this

3. AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan Section 121 Row 47

Ratings:
    +339
    At the end of the daily team meeting during training camp....each rookie is brought to the front of the room and asked three trivia questions about either his positional coach or the other players that play the same position. If he gets two of three questions right he gets to return to his seat. If he gets two out of three wrong he either has to sing a song of his choosing or tell some kind of joke.

Pretty mild as far as hazing goes. I really wouldn't even call this hazing. Its more of an exercise to get to know your teammates better and have a little fun at the same time.

4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,480
    I think I heard a player interview (Rodgers?? ) explain it..

This is paraphrasing....

They didnt do that type of stuff because they wanted to be a true team..No one should feel like they less then anyone else

5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    The staff isnt a big fan of hazing, so not much goes on. Just minor stuff like above.