Rookie Hazing

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
So the Cowboys have followed up on last year and put a moratorium on most rookie hazing. I know this was discussed before, so I'm not debating the merits of hazing.

I'm just curious if anyone knows what current rookie hazing practices the Packers have? Do they make them carry pads or sing fight songs, etc.?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure no real hazing in that in the way people think of hazing..

They might make them sing their fight song for some reason..They used to make the rookies pay for turkeys at the store during Thanksgiving

I think we have a few here with more info on this

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
At the end of the daily team meeting during training camp....each rookie is brought to the front of the room and asked three trivia questions about either his positional coach or the other players that play the same position. If he gets two of three questions right he gets to return to his seat. If he gets two out of three wrong he either has to sing a song of his choosing or tell some kind of joke.

Pretty mild as far as hazing goes. I really wouldn't even call this hazing. Its more of an exercise to get to know your teammates better and have a little fun at the same time.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think I heard a player interview (Rodgers?? ) explain it..

This is paraphrasing....

They didnt do that type of stuff because they wanted to be a true team..No one should feel like they less then anyone else

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The staff isnt a big fan of hazing, so not much goes on. Just minor stuff like above.

Members online

Latest posts