Rodgers X-mas present for backup QBs

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers does seem to have a good sense of humor with his teammates.

Maybe TT's present to fans will be a better backup than Flynn. It might be Tolzien but since the team hasn't moved Scott into that role yet, it makes me wonder if it's just politics holding up the move or he's truly not any better than Flynn, who has been mostly terrible in his backup QB role this season.

H

HardRightEdge

Rodgers does seem to have a good sense of humor with his teammates.

Maybe TT's present to fans will be a better backup than Flynn. It might be Tolzien but since the team hasn't moved Scott into that role yet, it makes me wonder if it's just politics holding up the move or he's truly not any better than Flynn, who has been mostly terrible in his backup QB role this season.
He's truly not any better than Flynn...sort of. Whatever arm strength improvement Flynn might have shown in preseason is gone. His throws in garbage time this season look awfully soft. Perhaps the elbow is flaring again. Flynn's a gamer, though. Tolzien is just a guy. Any move to improve will come in the off season.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
He's truly not any better than Flynn...sort of. Whatever arm strength improvement Flynn might have shown in preseason is gone. His throws in garbage time this season look awfully soft. Perhaps the elbow is flaring again. Flynn's a gamer, though. Tolzien is just a guy. Any move to improve will come in the off season.
I'd not be surprised to see Flynn going inactive for a few games yet this season and Tolzien making the 47. Especially if Flynn has game day roster incentives in his contract. Get Scott some garbage snaps to see what he can do and if he is worthy of a spot in camp.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Tolzien is just a guy. Any move to improve will come in the off season.

I hope we never have to find out but I think Tolzien could turn into a pretty decent backup. While he made way too many mistakes during his playing time last year he has nice arm strength and wasn't brought into the system until after training camp.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm under the impression that Flynn wasn't throwing in Da Bears game because, for whatever reason, MM didn't want to score one more TD. They could have gone for it just one more time in the last few seconds.

I don't understand why to act like gentlemen in the game of football. I'm actually surprised that MM didn't run out there and tackle the defender to stop him from scoring the pick 6.
"Oh, we have to look classy!"
Well, so what? This is football not tea and crumpets.
They run up the score all the time in college ball. Why not in the pros?

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have one problem with that article "destroyification" really??

"I can't think of another word for destruction, Hmmm.... I know, i'll just make one up, oh destroyification!! that sounds awesome"

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
A veteran back up would be better, a proven veteran that is. A guy with decent ability and savvy. Someone with a few years left in the tank and willing to ride the pine and step in when and if needed. Not some has been or never was, but someone that was a one time starter, now ready for a back up role in his twilight years. Someone with the "been around the block" info of the league. Hmmm...... I see to much noodle arm in flynn right now and tolzein just didnt strike me as nfl quality back up material.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts