Rodgers still only rated as 4th best in the league?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
think of it as something he has to work towards. I hope things like this light a fire under him.

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
think of it as something he has to work towards. I hope things like this light a fire under him.

I sincerely hope he doesn't need dull reporters ranking him poorly as motivation. Besides, we all know the inside Rodgers, he is an extremely hard working, intelligent and highly skilled QB, doesn't matter to me where anyone ranks him.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Its all a matter of opinion anyway so it really doesn't matter, but there is some merit to "flying under the radar." I was always taught to never underestimate my enemies. If the press wants to underestimate him let them; their opinion is as meaningless as the halftime score. I somehow doubt that opposing defenses will underestimate him.

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt most players put much stock in all these rankings. Overall maybe he's 4th but just based on the 2011 season he should be #1. It's hard to argue if your the winning QB and MVP of the Super Bowl.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he should be 3rd over Breeze. Rothlesberger is too high on that list IMO. And I dont understand why Romo is even on it.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's not a single QB I would take for the 2011 season rather than Rodgers.
I would highly cnsider Brady, but I still would take Rodgers.

That's what's in question in here. Not career achievements.

Would anyone in here take Payton Manning or Drew Brees for 2011 than Rodgers?

Reaction score
Why is Drew Brees still three? If I was a defensive coordinator, I would rather go up against Brees rather than Rodgers. Rodgers can run and move a little more elusively in the pocket and yet Rodgers has a stronger arm and is more accurate than Brees... Am I missing something?

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
Quote: "Brady has seven touchdowns, seven picks and one victory in his last four playoff games." So he's still voted number 1? It sound like this is an all time vote as opposed to just last season. In that case, it will take a long time for a newer quarterback to catch up with the veterans in terms of stats. I wish they would be more specific in what the vote encompasses. imo

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sincerely hope he doesn't need dull reporters ranking him poorly as motivation. Besides, we all know the inside Rodgers, he is an extremely hard working, intelligent and highly skilled QB, doesn't matter to me where anyone ranks him.

not sure if you know or not but players get motivation from all sorts of places. Broadway Joe was motivated by the press. I saw Michael Jordan play one time where a fan nearby was heckling him, and he turned it on like no other. Brady is motivated by his draft spot. Matthews has said he is motivated by his legacy. So yeah players are motivated by all kinds of things and to assume that a list of QBs where Rodgers doesnt rank at the top couldnt motivate him is pretty ignorant.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not sure if you know or not but players get motivation from all sorts of places. Broadway Joe was motivated by the press. I saw Michael Jordan play one time where a fan nearby was heckling him, and he turned it on like no other. Brady is motivated by his draft spot. Matthews has said he is motivated by his legacy. So yeah players are motivated by all kinds of things and to assume that a list of QBs where Rodgers doesnt rank at the top couldnt motivate him is pretty ignorant.
Rodgers is notoriously resentful. Not only that, but he seems to have an incredible memory for all the people that said, in his view, expressed opinions against him.
The guy held a grudge for when Kornheiser was on the booth talking crap, for crying out loud. I didn't even remember Kornheiser was in the booth one time!

Rodgers holds grudges. That's his thing. I worry about him, it can't be healthy, but then again, he wouldn't be the player he is if he wasn't so vindictive.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is notoriously resentful. Not only that, but he seems to have an incredible memory for all the people that said, in his view, expressed opinions against him.
The guy held a grudge for when Kornheiser was on the booth talking crap, for crying out loud. I didn't even remember Kornheiser was in the booth one time!

Rodgers holds grudges. That's his thing. I worry about him, it can't be healthy, but then again, he wouldn't be the player he is if he wasn't so vindictive.

Is their a great QB who didnt hold a grudge? I assume Manning is resentful. Brady is on record as being resentful. Montana was to the chiefs. Young was pretty much consumed by it. grumbles... that QB that played for the vikings last season was pretty resentful as well.

maybe we just figured out something scouts need to look for in QBs. haha.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont believe he was voted to the pro bowl either, not that the pro bowl means a ton but Im sure bugs him.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont believe he was voted to the pro bowl either, not that the pro bowl means a ton but Im sure bugs him.
Was as an alternate in 09...

As far as grudges, I watched the ESPN special with Parcells, and he said as much. That every elite QB had a constant chip on his shoulder.
Brady is being a 6th round pick
Rodgers is falling on draft day, plus not being recruited coming out of HS, plus all the criticism he has faced.
Manning begins not winning the Heisman, then being called a choke artist
Brees is not being tall enough
Roethlisberger is not being able to **** underaged girls in bathrooms anymore
and so on...

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Was as an alternate in 09...

As far as grudges, I watched the ESPN special with Parcells, and he said as much. That every elite QB had a constant chip on his shoulder.
Brady is being a 6th round pick
Rodgers is falling on draft day, plus not being recruited coming out of HS, plus all the criticism he has faced.
Manning begins not winning the Heisman, then being called a choke artist
Brees is not being tall enough
Roethlisberger is not being able to **** underaged girls in bathrooms anymore
and so on...
Big Ben didn't **** the girls, he #$#%$ them. Get it straight! :drinks:

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if it's that Rodgers holds a serious grudge over people. But he just kinda goes... ok, I'll remember this. Nothing like "oh Kornheiser you will get yours! Believe you me, before this year is over, I will have my revenge! muahahhahaha". I think he just kind of quietly takes a mental note and is like, ya I'll have to prove him wrong.

Case in point, John Abraham went out of his way to f with Rodgers. Rodgers nods it off and goes, "ok, so that's how you wanna play it then". Then goes on to utterly embarrass that entire team, especially Abraham.

I don't think we need to worry about what these media guys say about Rodgers in order for him to be motivated. I think he is motivated all on his own. He's been saying for a long time he wants to win multiple championships, the guy's hero was Montana growing up, you don't think he wants to follow in his foot steps? Not to mention as awesome as he's been for us, he has yet to win the division, so I'm sure there's some motivation there...

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
Not sure if it's holding a grudge or being competitive. Either way, keep bringin' it. I still think the first year as starter w/Green Bay after old "you know who" left shows his motivation. He couldn't fart without being compared to his predecessor. He was motivated to prove his talent and I think he adequately succeeded. It's obviously going to take a while longer to prove it to the egg heads who put together these lists.

Members online

Latest posts