1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

rodgers not practicing

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Dieseljunkie12, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Dieseljunkie12

Dieseljunkie12 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +21
    Now I know I am not a fan favorite here in regards to my opinion on Rodgers not playing a lick of preseason games, but according to the ESPN he is not even taking first team snaps in practice. Perhaps an under the radar injury? I understand everyone's opinions on not wanting him to get hurt playing a game, but I don't understand the reason he is not even practicing.

2. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,663
    Rodgers mostly taking snaps with the scout team during yesterday's practice probably means he won't play on Thursday vs. the Raiders.

3. bigbubbatd

bigbubbatd Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +321
    McCarthy has talked a ton about limiting Rodgers "pitch count" so this isn't a surprise. The staff wants to see the young guys play qb.

4. Pkrjones

Pkrjones Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +328
    No reason why Hundley & the young guys shouldn't take a lot of the snaps with the 1's & 2's last week & this week as they're playing with them the first couple of games. Next week should be AR's longest preseason stint so I would think he'll be back taking more snaps with the 1's after this week. Coaches want to play Hundley as much as possible in preseason so he's ready to go in-season, if needed.

5. C-Lee

C-Lee Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +378
    Hundley should play as much as possible. I think he could be good trade bait one day.

6. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +942
    Rodgers is fine. He doesn't need to play in this game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dieseljunkie12

Dieseljunkie12 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +21
    all valid, i honestly did not think of hundley with the number 1's seeing as how he is playing a good chunk this week hopefully.

8. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,663
    I'm perfectly fine with Rodgers not playing a lot of snaps during the preseason as long as he gets enough reps in practice. He knows the offense and should be ready for the start of the season even without playing in meaningless games.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,992
    Maybe Rodgers lost his starting role.... :eek::laugh: