Rodgers in those State Farm Commercial

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Gotta ask... Would Aaron being in those ads prompt you to change your insurance company?

I'm sure on some level I'm influenced by repeated reruns of the S.O.S. ads, but I'd be hard pressed to name a product I bought based on a TV ad.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
first ones were ok. now I see them on tv so much, every time I see a statefarm sign all I can think of is Roger's and his fat face!

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Noted, but I heard different from press and TV commentators several times Capt.
That is a strange reply ... especially since the actual fact is that it isn’t true. I have my own criticisms of Rodgers, but his work ethic has never been questioned by anyone credible to my knowledge.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

That is a strange reply ... especially since the actual fact is that it isn’t true. I have my own criticisms of Rodgers, but his work ethic has never been questioned by anyone credible to my knowledge.

Well as more than one person have pointed this out to me, and I am an adult......I appologise and retract the statement. I do not love him as much as some do. He is a Packer player, he is not THE Packers. That is just my opinion of course.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well as more than one person have pointed this out to me, and I am an adult......I appologise and retract the statement. I do not love him as much as some do. He is a Packer player, he is not THE Packers. That is just my opinion of course.
I don’t think an apology is necessary. Like I said before, I don’t think Rodgers’ work ethic is an issue. That being said, he is not perfect, and he can definitely be a polarizing individual.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Just curious...did your opinion change in recent years / after the big contract?

I know some others who have soured a bit on him after contract and lack of success on field.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Just curious...did your opinion change in recent years / after the big contract?

I know some others who have soured a bit on him after contract and lack of success on field.

In all honesty I feel he got a bit full of himself in recent years. Considering his status as the GOAT QB`s, he hasn`t delivered that much. I think it was after the Superbowl win "Americas Game" did an episode with him, Mike McCarthy and another player I can`t remember who (sorry) but it discussed how so many teams passed up the chance to sign Rodgers, and how HE was devastated because he thought at the time he was the best player of the draft or something like that. He was/is a life long 49ers fan and he expected them to sign him. It might just be a British thing but I hate when a player thinks he is bigger than the organisation. I hate when on the forum I read how the team is robbing him of his right to a Superbowl ring. It`s always the same, the team are denying HIM. He owes the organisation not the other way around (Oh do I expect getting berated for that statement !).
When we start winning Superbowls I might change my opinion but until then.....He`s not my guy. I`m a Packer fan, not an individual player fan. I MUST say this version of him prepared to make more short passes much more than the Hail Mary king appeals to me more.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta ask... Would Aaron being in those ads prompt you to change your insurance company?

I'm sure on some level I'm influenced by repeated reruns of the S.O.S. ads, but I'd be hard pressed to name a product I bought based on a TV ad.

No. We go with the lowest prices and not who the company hires to do their ads.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In all honesty I feel he got a bit full of himself in recent years. Considering his status as the GOAT QB`s, he hasn`t delivered that much. I think it was after the Superbowl win "Americas Game" did an episode with him, Mike McCarthy and another player I can`t remember who (sorry) but it discussed how so many teams passed up the chance to sign Rodgers, and how HE was devastated because he thought at the time he was the best player of the draft or something like that. He was/is a life long 49ers fan and he expected them to sign him. It might just be a British thing but I hate when a player thinks he is bigger than the organisation. I hate when on the forum I read how the team is robbing him of his right to a Superbowl ring. It`s always the same, the team are denying HIM. He owes the organisation not the other way around (Oh do I expect getting berated for that statement !).
When we start winning Superbowls I might change my opinion but until then.....He`s not my guy. I`m a Packer fan, not an individual player fan. I MUST say this version of him prepared to make more short passes much more than the Hail Mary king appeals to me more.

Looking back at that draft he was the best player in 2005. From all accounts the HC of the 49ers didn't care for Aaron's "arrogance" (it was really confidence IMO) and decided to go with Smith who he thought to be more coachable but not nearly the player #12 is. Brady is considered the GOAT but he has had the good fortune to have Belichick his entire career. I firmly believe Rodgers would have had similar success if he had played in NE all these years.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get them ....at all.... can't figure out the dynamics of the one "agent" vs. the State farm agent.. each commercial is equally confusing! .... as confusing as the Packers performance today.... WHAT THE ACTUAL?????

The fact that people are watching them, talking about them, and remember the name of the company makes them effective. That's what State Farm wants.

OP
OP
Wi. Mike now in Florida
Reaction score

I'm one of them.
He had two more years left on his contract, why the rush?
Waiting one more could also determine how he recovered from past injury's.

We're lucky Rodgers isn't hurt from all those sacks this year.

Imagine the shape we'd be in with the backup QA we have
and paying Rodgers recovering on the side line.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady is considered the GOAT but he has had the good fortune to have Belichick his entire career. I firmly believe Rodgers would have had similar success if he had played in NE all these years.
Rodgers might have 10 rings if he had played in NE. Wouldn't surprise me. Or he might not have fit the system. I think it would be closer to the former, but of course there's no way to know.

I hate when on the forum I read how the team is robbing him of his right to a Superbowl ring. It`s always the same, the team are denying HIM.
A lot of that type of perspective comes from the national media who has no ties to the Packers, but tend to focus on star players. But not all of it. Remember when the fans split when Favre was traded. I think some of the people who say things like that really mean that we need to take advantage of having the HoF QB while we have him. And it's true, they haven't exactly surrounded him with the best talent much of the time.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers might have 10 rings if he had played in NE. Wouldn't surprise me. Or he might not have fit the system. I think it would be closer to the former, but of course there's no way to know.

A lot of that type of perspective comes from the national media who has no ties to the Packers, but tend to focus on star players. But not all of it. Remember when the fans split when Favre was traded. I think some of the people who say things like that really mean that we need to take advantage of having the HoF QB while we have him. And it's true, they haven't exactly surrounded him with the best talent much of the time.

Agreed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts