ricky williams

LordEvil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what do you guys thins should trade for ricky. i dont think if would be bad if we have to give up a 3rd for 4th round pick for him.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
wont happen, waste of talent, we have one malcontent already we dont need another

ricky, dolphins, nfl forum end of story

:)

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll take him for a 6th or 7th rounder if he's any good still which is not likely, but who knows.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Who's the malcontent we already have? Just curious.

Koren Robinson, although he seems to have changed his ways for the better.

We don't really "have" him though huh lol... I just assume he will be reinstated because he's been out of trouble from what I know.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
No thanks at this point, been out of the NFL game for too long to come in mid-season an contribute enough to offset the overall cost of signing him..

Both in terms of money and a roster spot.

PACKmanN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still remember back in the days when the only way you could have taken him down was by grabbing his hair. I don't think Miami will keep him, he has ruined their image, maybe we can get in as a late pick up in FA.

kmeyer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect Koren Robinson will be fine as this is most likely his last chance in the NFL and he was contributing to the team positively before. Now Ricky is another story. That guy is dumber than a box of rocks.

If we got him for next to nothing, I'd like them to take a flyer on him. We could always ditch him even if only after a week or two. I imagine somebody like Al Davis will offer him a incentive based large deal though so the discussion is probably mute.

PS: Did Adrian Peterson go before or after Harrel? That guy in GB and we are the best team in the NFC:(

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
PS: Did Adrian Peterson go before or after Harrel? That guy in GB and we are the best team in the NFC:(

AP went a touch higher than Harrell in the draft.. Packers never had a shot.

Off topic.. with his style of running, I wonder how long AP will last. Billy Sims comes to mind when seeing him run.. at least in the finishing of the runs..

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now Ricky is another story. That guy is dumber than a box of rocks.

I don't want Ricky Williams, but I don't think this statement is correct. Everything I've read from people who've met the guy says that he is very intelligent. He is just an oddball who has never been able to fully commit himself to playing football for very long.

kmeyer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

I don't want Ricky Williams, but I don't think this statement is correct. Everything I've read from people who've met the guy says that he is very intelligent. He is just an oddball who has never been able to fully commit himself to playing football for very long.

I respectfully understand your point, but I have to stand by mine. To me he is just a complete idiot because he threw so much away after having how many second chances? The only reason he wants another chance is because he needs the money to pay the dolphins back.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

Which is exactly why he never needs to dawn the Green and Gold.

We have 53 guys who ARE committed to football.

53 less 1 does NOT equal 52. What it really adds up to is a lot of trouble.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not even gonna read the posts on this thread, not even gonna read the opening post. No.

Ricky = Baggage, declined skills, waste of a roster spot.

And Kaiser Goodell will never let him back in.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
John Clayton said he doesn't believe the Packers would make a move to get Ricky Williams even though they need a back.

Chances are Williams will be reinstated if he stays clean and his doctor says it's ok. However it might come after the trade deadline so the Dolphins just might go and cut him.

Heard it on Mike and Mike in the Morning.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would anyone trade a pick for Ricky Williams when the Dolphins will probably just end up cutting him anyways. I don't think anyone would be willing to give up even a 7th rounder for him since he's just not worth the risk.

Ricky will be lucky if he gets more than a couple of tryouts at this point, which assumes Goodell will even reinstate him. At this point though, Ricky will be lucky to get on any 53 man roster this year at all.

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll give them a 12th round pick and an autographed picture of our former defensive cordinator Bob Slowit that is about equal, plus I'll even throw in Bj Sander.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll give them a 12th round pick and an autographed picture of our former defensive cordinator Bob Slowit that is about equal, plus I'll even throw in Bj Sander.

I'll sweeten the deal by throwing in Cletidus Hunt. Just to break down any last bit of resistance they may have.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ricky eyes Packers

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nfl#

Personally, i dont think anyone will be able to run behind this line. What we need is a running back who can operate out of the shotgun and make some quick hits up the middle like the Bills and Oilers used to do. The running back must have good hands so he can catch and Ricky does not have good hands. Im a big fan of Ricky Williams despite what people say about him. I just dont think he will make a big difference from what we already have, even at his best.

robkeg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miami is going to cut him loose as if he is ever reinstated. Why would we want this virus on our team. Sure he was a good back in the day but, we are building a program and doing very well at as I see it. I would like to see us get a type of running back that is like a water bug. Some one who can cut and go not some one who will lower his head for 3 or 4 yards.

Members online

Latest posts