Retro bringback player

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I forgot to list my Wayne Simmons memory. I was scheduled to work a shift in the computer lab the day of the Packers/49ers divisional playoff game in 1995. I borrowed a buddy's portable tv. I had finally adjusted the rabbit ears and was seated, quiet, and hoping we wouldn't get stomped. All of a sudden, Simmons flew from his LB spot into the near flat on the 49ers first play and blew up the RB, forcing a fumble, and instantly giving momentum to the Packers. I jumped up with excitement, knocking the tv to the ground and disturbing the near perfect quiet in the lab. Everyone looked, I grabbed the tv, cradled it, and enjoyed the remaining game in glee.

Simmons wasn't always the greatest player but he had good instincts, a nose for the ball, and laid some wood.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
What would be great is if the NFL allowed teams each season to sign a "veteran" to a 1 year honorary contract that doesn't count against the cap. The Packers could sign Willie Wood to a current veterans minimum salary of roughly $1M. Wouldn't that make a big difference in Willie's life. They could find a way to make it beneficial for the team, dedicate the season to Willie (or whomever), selling Willie Wood-centric gear in the Pro Shop.
Teams can already do this though. Make it a non-player type administrative position, a legend of the game job title. Wears his old jersey, sponsored for a season in the ProShop, permanent home game day captain, patch with his name on the sleeve, etc. No salary cap or league permission needed except for maybe the patch and going out for the coin toss. Sell the idea to Mark Murphy.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Frankie "roasting" Brett before his Packer Hall of Fame induction. If you ever saw the movie Tommy Boy......I think Frank has.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts