Retro bringback player

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a regular off season thread....

If there was a ex-Packer player (current or historical) whom you can bring back to play in current team. Who would it be? Do you think he can adapt to modern game and will we reach SB if this player was playing currently?

Reggie White? Ray Nitschke? Henry Jordan? Or a maybe Willie Wood or Herb Adderley given our lack of depth there.

I'd go for Nitschke personally.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Reggie White, but I would have Charles Woodson on speed dial if Reggie was...unavailable.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm going to cheat a little...I want **** butkus, mean joe, butler, and since shields is gone, shields. :whistling:

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reggie White( Although cousin doesn't think he was here long enough to get number retired) & Brad Jones on D.

Bart Starr & Jeff Saturday on O.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Reggie White( Although cousin doesn't think he was here long enough to get number retired) & Brad Jones on D.

Bart Starr & Jeff Saturday on O.

*Scratching my head*

Is this "opposite day" where you name one good one and follow it with a bad one?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Not many lineman had the size of today's players. Even the fridge, who back then was huge, is now an average sized d-lineman. I'd take Dave Robinson, just to be different than the Reggie bandwagon.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lofton or Sharpe. Imagine them with Rodgers. Or Keith Jackson. Defensively, Willie Buchanon or Kenny Ellis at CB for obvious reasons. Nitschke just because, well, Nitschke.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a regular off season thread....

If there was a ex-Packer player (current or historical) whom you can bring back to play in current team. Who would it be? Do you think he can adapt to modern game and will we reach SB if this player was playing currently?

Reggie White? Ray Nitschke? Henry Jordan? Or a maybe Willie Wood or Herb Adderley given our lack of depth there.

I'd go for White of Nitschke personally.

Great question. I'd go for Reggie personally, and maybe throw in a Willie Davis in his prime. Good luck blocking those guys.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I barely remember the guy, which position did he play?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Simmons was a hard hitting linebacker on the 96 Super Bowl winning team. Sadly, Wayne was killed in a single car accident when he was still fairly young.

Good choices already mentioned. I might add Gilbert Brown and Nick Collins.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Simmons was a hard hitting linebacker on the 96 Super Bowl winning team. Sadly, Wayne was killed in a single car accident when he was still fairly young.

Good choices already mentioned. I might add Gilbert Brown and Nick Collins.

I knew who he was ;) Didn't know he had died though, so thanks for that. While he had a good year in 95-96, the rest of his career was kind of a disappointment.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
The obvious choice would be Reggie White but I will go with Dave Robinson, OLB 63-74. He was durable, had good height (6'3"), speed, and quickness.

Members online

Latest posts