Retro bringback player

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yeah. A forum gets boring if everyone has the same opinion. Just driving some discussions...

Chester Marcol, just to break up the boredom! ;) Seeing that guy run with the ball for a TD and slam into the wall against he Bears, just makes me laugh! His glasses are totally retro!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Come on lads, get off the Reggie bandwagon.

Who other than Reggie?
So as the OP you get to pick Reggie but no one else can agree?
Several mentions of Robinson and Nitschke by now also. Besides Dave, I wouldn't mind Butler or Taylor either.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I knew who he was ;) Didn't know he had died though, so thanks for that. While he had a good year in 95-96, the rest of his career was kind of a disappointment.
He had a mean streak, was a very physical ,sure tackler and was excellent covering tight ends.
He was the type of linebacker we don't have now but are still looking for.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The obvious choice would be Reggie White but I will go with Dave Robinson, OLB 63-74. He was durable, had good height (6'3"), speed, and quickness.

And he made a great play to force Don Meredith to throw a pick on the goal line in the 1966 tile game in the Cotton Bowl. Great linebacker.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, some unfamiliar names for me personally. Great to read up about some the names mentioned here.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wouldn't we have to cut Jeff first to make him eligible for this list?

I think that's the whole idea of picking Janis.

Personally I have a difficult time picking someone I never saw play. I mean sure I can go off what other people say but then I am not really giving my opinion on the matter. For that reason I will have to go with Reggie White with James Lofton a close second and Sharpe third. If I were to include guys I haven't seen play I'd have to consider Nitschke, Davis and Robinson as well.

Sky King

Reaction score
For next season: Herb Adderly and Charles Woodson at CB with Willie Buchanan and Al Harris backing them up. Leroy Butler and Nick Collins at Safety with Willie Wood and Eugene Robinson backing them up. Bob Jeter, Ty Williams, Doug Hart and Chuck Cecil to rotate / cover for injuries. Tramon Williams and Doug Evans to the practice squad. Demarious Randall cut in TC and Darren Sharper to prison right out of William & Mary.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about Ted Hendricks? (Played one year for the Packers).
Nice pick.
When we got him I thought we had him forever. Three blocked punts, three blocked fg's and a blocked xp to go with 5 int's. How could we not keep him. He was the Mad Stork and the best defensive player on our team. No, Bart didn't want to gaurantee his contract and he became synonymous with the Raiders. I wanted to cry when he left.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Why would the Packers want to line up Ryan at outside linebacker???

I wonder that too. I see it pop up once in awhile and wonder if I missed something? While Ryan did play OLB at Michigan, he was shifted to middle linebacker his last year and was very productive there. I really don't see him playing OLB, especially in a 3-4 and hope he continues to get better at ILB for the Packers.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Based on the previous NFC Championship Round, I'd go Al Harris all day. Or Ryan Grant. He was the perfect Packer back.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Based on current needs, I would go with Herb Adderley hands down on defense. He was a fantastic athlete, great CB, and a team player. On offense I would probably pick Ahman Green.

What would be great is if the NFL allowed teams each season to sign a "veteran" to a 1 year honorary contract that doesn't count against the cap. The Packers could sign Willie Wood to a current veterans minimum salary of roughly $1M. Wouldn't that make a big difference in Willie's life. They could find a way to make it beneficial for the team, dedicate the season to Willie (or whomever), selling Willie Wood-centric gear in the Pro Shop.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahman Green, Lemme tell ya bout KEITH JACKSON, Sterling Sharpe, William Henderson, Bag of Donuts on offense.

The Minister of Defense, Sean Jones, Nick Barnett, Bryce Paup, Leroy Butler, and Brian Williams on defense.

Bring back Craig Hentrich to punt for us too. Beebe and Roell Preston as returners

I am dating myself, now get those kids out of my trailor!!

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
El Quapo said:
What would be great is if the NFL allowed teams each season to sign a "veteran" to a 1 year honorary contract that doesn't count against the cap. The Packers could sign Willie Wood to a current veterans minimum salary of roughly $1M. Wouldn't that make a big difference in Willie's life. They could find a way to make it beneficial for the team, dedicate the season to Willie (or whomever), selling Willie Wood-centric gear in the Pro Shop.

That's a great idea. "Legacy Player" roster spot.

Staff online

Latest posts